Sam Darnold

Grandy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Thinker said:

When you watch Allen and Rosen, he is so far ahead.....

thank God the Giants took Saquon.  Otherwise we would be despondent over Allen or Rosen now.  That Mac is one lucky fool.  All the trade up did was guarantee Allen or Rosen.  Thanks to the Giants, he got very lucky.  

16 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Yet when it mattered the most.  The offense folded as usual under Bates.  Run run and a designed screen that was sniffed out by my dog sleeping on the couch.  

Honestly it was a well called game except for this drive - and this drive was huge and brutal.  Didn't even give the kid a chance.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

thank God the Giants took Saquon.  Otherwise we would be despondent over Allen or Rosen now.  That Mac is one lucky fool.  All the trade up did was guarantee Allen or Rosen.  Thanks to the Giants, he got very lucky.  

Actually at the time it seemed like it was going to be Mayfield.  I think the Jets were taking Mayfield if Cleveland took Darnold.

But yes, point taken - thank god the Giants took a RB with #2 overall - while they had a wilting almost 40 year old QB.

31 minutes ago, Thinker said:

When you watch Allen and Rosen, he is so far ahead.....

He is better than Mayfield too.  Mayfield has been impressive no doubt but lets be honest he has much more talent around him and even the interm coach is light years better than bowles

Sam absolutely seems to be the real deal.  He had some time today and look at the numbers he put up..still has to make pinpoint accurate throws as his receivers rarely get separation - although this week they did get some.

Put some weapons around him and give him time like he got today - and we can be a team that consistently puts up 30 points a week.

7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Two games in a row, multiple TDs, no turnovers ... far from "meaningless" whatever the outcome.

I would hope everyone here was smart enough to understand that when people say meaningless, they mean for the team itself in 2018.

Obviously, Darnold's ongoing development is not meaningless.  It is less pressure than it would be if we were in contention, but maybe that's ok.  He has certainly played very well since his return, and we'll find out how meaningful that is next year, when the games truly matter for the team again, contention wise.

I would presume every Jets Fan want him to be the super awesome all time great everyone is already calling him.  Maybe we'll finally have a year where games in December WILL truly matter again.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Future GOAT who will lead the NY Jets to multiple AFC East Championships and Super Bowl victories. 

He’s really starting to look like a “more athletic” Brett Favre, if that’s possible.  Give him just decent coaching and forget about it.  He’s already showing you that he can roll up lots of points even with overall near bottom of the league talent, imagine if he were to get a true game breaker on his offense?  What if he got 2....will be no stopping him.

That injury, or whatever it was, was truly a blessing.  It’s so obvious that the light has come on for him, and very quickly.  Still a Rookie and only 21 years old.

PS is it even fair to try to evaluate his first half of the year?  When Bowles allowed a Center to snap him ground balls and line drives over his head he had to snatch out of the air for Half a season.  Guy would probably still be Center if the announcers while laughing basically FINALLY called Bowles out, asking aloud wtf he was doing.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He is better than Mayfield too.  Mayfield has been impressive no doubt but lets be honest he has much more talent around him and even the interm coach is light years better than bowles

Completely agree - I think that past two weeks he has proven to have more talent than Mayfield - 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I would hope everyone here was smart enough to understand that when people say meaningless, they mean for the team itself in 2018.

Obviously, Darnold's ongoing development is not meaningless.  It is less pressure than it would be if we were in contention, but maybe that's ok.  He has certainly played very well since his return, and we'll find out how meaningful that is next year, when the games truly matter for the team again, contention wise.

I would presume every Jets Fan want him to be the super awesome all time great everyone is already calling him.  Maybe we'll finally have a year where games in December WILL truly matter again.

I dont agree. Last week against the Texans was far from meaningless from their vantage point. Yes they won but they also realized Sam probably deserved the win with his performance

Archived