Best of Outcomes

DMan77

Listen that was frustrating as hell... The whole season has been... But I'm pretty happy with the outcome for probably the same 3 reasons as others:

1. Sam looked good. Herndon turned it on. McGuire finished with a  meh stat line but I thought he looked like he belonged too. Basically when the young Jets weren't committing 1,000 penalties they looked good!  But it's all about Sam. He's going to be a star.

2. Draft position. Big difference between the 3rd pick and the 5th or 6th, as we saw last year. 

3. No branch for Bowels to cling too. I was honestly getting afraid that we'd start hearing "well maybe Todd has figured something out..." if the Jets won out or looked competent in these last 4 games. This just keeps his firing right on schedule. Good good. 

Been praying for these situations for weeks.  Had people complaining that I didn't want the Jets to win.  Well, I don't.  Not now.  I want them to win next year and to look good while losing this year.  The plan is working.  QB looks great, guys are competing and we have brights spots.  It will be nice to add a #3 or #4 overall pick to this team next year.

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Best case scenario would have been darnold leading jets to win in 4th quarter 

The only issue with that is that our owners are so easily swayed and are so out of tune that if the jets win this week and next then the chance of bowels being retained is legit.

Came here to post the same thing. 

Sam looked great.....we may just have a franchise QB. 

Herndon is gonna be a stud. 

Robbie can be a star in the right offense. 

The defense sucked and the team was undisciplined...all of which is Bowles’ fault.  This game got him fired for sure.  

Maintained draft position.  

Perfect day

I respectfully disagree. The play calling on the 2nd to last possession was so TB that anyone else it would be considered a tank.

How great would it of been for Sam and his confidence to march down the field for a win against what some consider the GOAT. 

The obsession with picking 3rd or 4th is lame. 

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

The offense choked in the 4th quarter.....I know many/most will say it was on Bates for turtling but I didn't like seeing Sam play that way

Defense gave up 18 points in the 4th.

Think there was 6 mins in the game and Sam had given them a 12 point lead.

Pack drove the field in OT.   The loss in on Bowles, and his defense

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

2019 NFL Draft Order

PICK TEAM REC PCT GB SOS 

1 3-11 .214 -- .522

2 3-11 .214 -- .558

3 4-11 .267 0.5 .506

4 4-10 .286 1.0 .500

5 5-10 .333 1.5 .500

6 5-10 .333 1.5 .519

7 5-10 .333 1.5 .523

I think Robby Anderson is showing signs that he could become a #1 WR (real, not default).  He may never be Julio or AJ, but he's developed a lot more versatility to his game and he's making a lot of plays with Sam.  If he can keep his head on straight, he's got a lot of upside to grow into on the field.  If he continues this trend, he can certainly be one of the 32 best WRs in the game and maybe a lot better than that.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think Robby Anderson is showing signs that he could become a #1 WR (real, not default).  He may never be Julio or AJ, but he's developed a lot more versatility to his game and he's making a lot of plays with Sam.  If he can keep his head on straight, he's got a lot of upside to grow into on the field.  If he continues this trend, he can certainly be one of the 32 best WRs in the game and maybe a lot better than that.

Couldn't agree more.

I was one of the "Anderson bashers" LOL    Guy's made me a believer.  

With Enunwa down, he's coming into these games as the Jets #1 WR.  He's getting a lot of attention.  He's producing at a high level.

Teams have always respected his upfield speed, so they give him a lil space.  I questioned his toughness to take advantage of it.  He's doing really well.

He's shown toughness in contested balls.  Great sideline awareness, mostly good hands. He and Herndon make a good 1-2 punch.  If Enunwa can stay healthy it will only make Anderson more dangerous.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Couldn't agree more.

I was one of the "Anderson bashers" LOL    Guy's made me a believer.  

With Enunwa down, he's coming into these games as the Jets #1 WR.  He's getting a lot of attention.  He's producing at a high level.

Teams have always respected his upfield speed, so they give him a lil space.  I questioned his toughness to take advantage of it.  He's doing really well.

He's shown toughness in contested balls.  Great sideline awareness, mostly good hands. He and Herndon make a good 1-2 punch.  If Enunwa can stay healthy it will only make Anderson more dangerous.

Anderson will be a very productive #2 receiver. My guess is that they re sign him

14 hours ago, SheaRay said:

I respectfully disagree. The play calling on the 2nd to last possession was so TB that anyone else it would be considered a tank.

How great would it of been for Sam and his confidence to march down the field for a win against what some consider the GOAT. 

The obsession with picking 3rd or 4th is lame. 

I 100% understand this line of thinking. And I even though I feel differently, I can't argue with anyone who feels this way.

Confidence is a hard thing to quantify. How much more career-confidence would Sam have if he led them to a last possession win vs. just having a very good game? No one knows the answer to that. 

A loss, coupled with a strong performance by Sam, is better for the overall organization than him engineering a win - in my opinion, of course...  I don't think the confidence he would get from having won that game outweighs the confidence he gained from a strong performance plus setting the organization up better in the draft plus helping to ensure TB is gone.

14 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Anderson will be a very productive #2 receiver. My guess is that they re sign him

They'll certainly tender him.  Question is, will it be a first round tender, or a second?  My guess is, a few weeks ago it would have been a 2nd.  Looks to me that right now he's trending for a 1st round tender.

17 hours ago, nico002 said:

Best case scenario would have been darnold leading jets to win in 4th quarter 

Over the Patriots....sure.  Against the Packers yesterday, not necessary.  He did enough to show that he's developing.  In fact, his past three games have all been consistently good.

We saw brights spots early in the year.  Week 1 vs. Detroit, the game against Indianapolis, etc.  But he wasn't consistent.  There were some bad games in there....Miami, etc.  But now, Darnold seems to be finding a bit of a rhythm.

Win, lose or draw next week I'm thrilled that Sam will get the experience of a game on the road against the Evil Empire.  Nothing would be better than beating the Patriots and forcing them to play on Wild Card weekend instead of getting a Bye.

Archived