I ain’t sure anyone is getting fired

nico002

The Jets future is 100% about Darnold.

the play the kid has shown the last two weeks shows that he is developing under this staff (whether it’s because of them or despite them we’ll never know). 

I believe that Sam Darnold is in the process of saving everyone’s job 

Just now, nico002 said:

the play the kid has shown the last two weeks shows that he is developing under this staff (whether it’s because of them or despite them we’ll never know). 

Nope Bowles is a goner...

Even in Darnolds good performance Bowles’ shortcomings as a coach stuck out like a sore thumb 

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Then we can only hope we put an Organization, Front Office, Coaching Staff and Offensive Players around him worthy of his impending all-time greatness.

Because we certainly do not have any of that right now.  Well, maybe Herndon?  But nothing else.

If he somehow saves Macc and Bowles job.......just no.

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Did you just watch the same game we all did?  

This team is playing hard and should have won but piss poor coaching lost the game. 

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Even if they kept Bowles for whatever reason I think kacy needs to go. Too much talent on defense for us to be giving up so many points to so many teams.

My worst nightmare is the Johnsons letting Bowles stay if he fires Rogers and brings in a real coordinator.  To me that is just plausible enough to be a concern  

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Bowles is 100% gone

Why the hell do people still doubt this?

I get assuming that all is terrible with the Jets with no hope in sight, but f*ck me...

Bowles is gone and Darnold is a franchise QB. As sure as the sun rises in the east and settles in the west.

So either TB is gone or Khal Drogo will rise from the dead...

You. Don’t. Know. Football.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If Bowles wasn't getting fired, his defense got him fired today.

It doesn't matter though, he was already getting fired.

There have been so many things that “got him fired” or was “the final nail in the coffin”. Will they fire him like 47 separate times on Black Monday? I’d enjoy this. 

Mac may have saved his job by darnold looking great.

If the Jets retain Todd bowles as coach it will be the biggest mistake the jets have made since I became a fan in around 2006.

The ONLY redeeming thing about Bowles staying would be coming in here and seeing a nuclear melt down since my only joy as a football fan is Schadenfreude.

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Certainly Darnold's development is important, but you can't ignore 4-11.  

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

This game was another nail in Bowles coffin. Probably Bates stupidly running late in 4th qtr but it’s under Bowles. I like the fake punt but Bowles blew his load right there and he was done going for it. 

With all those nails, the coffin must be in pretty bad shape.

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

There have been so many things that “got him fired” or was “the final nail in the coffin”. Will they fire him like 47 separate times on Black Monday? I’d enjoy this. 

Jets aren't reactive, like they said they're going to look at his whole body of work and decide if this team under his leadership is going in the right direction and if he's the guy to lead them.  Based on that metric, he's a goner.

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Bowles is 100% gone

Why the hell do people still doubt this?

You should be careful throwing the "100%" label around. He is still HC and kept his job after the Bills debacle - a loss that was arguably lower for the franchise than the Buttfumble Thanksgiving. I'd say that makes him halfway home to keeping his job another season, I know conventional wisdom from punditry and fans is that he's a dead man walking, but he ain't dead yet.  

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Yup.

Bowles is done.  Macc should be done too, but you never know with the Johnsons.  

I think Chris understands the game a lot bette than Woody but time will tell.  If anything, I see Chris committed to developing the QB at all costs which means taking the HC decision away from Macc if he’s not fired.   If Macc somehow survives I don’t see him having final say on the roster or draft.   

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

My worst nightmare is the Johnsons letting Bowles stay if he fires Rogers and brings in a real coordinator.  To me that is just plausible enough to be a concern  

Coming off the win in Buffalo, Darnold has played lights out, with the defense giving the last two games away late. The fact that we lost makes me think he’s going to be fired. But what if we’d held on to win both, and we’re sitting at 6-9 with a 3 game  win streak (over the Bills, Texans, and Packers) and Darnold on fire? I actually started a thread before the Buffalo game titled “What if we’re 6-9 going into New England”. The thought was how do we root that week? A win makes us 7-9 with a 4 game win streak that might save Bowles, or are we forced to root for the Pats, hoping he’s fired after another 10+ loss season?

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

I would be stunned if Bowles was back. 

Boyer for HC

48 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mac may have saved his job by darnold looking great.

If the Jets retain Todd bowles as coach it will be the biggest mistake the jets have made since I became a fan in around 2006.

The ONLY redeeming thing about Bowles staying would be coming in here and seeing a nuclear melt down since my only joy as a football fan is Schadenfreude.

I honestly thought you were much older. 

Archived