I ain’t sure anyone is getting fired

nico002

The Jets future is 100% about Darnold.
the play the kid has shown the last two weeks shows that he is developing under this staff (whether it’s because of them or despite them we’ll never know). 
I believe that Sam Darnold is in the process of saving everyone’s job 

So that bullsh*t play calling at the end of the game was about “development”?

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

This would have been 100% true if not for the defensive choke jobs against the Titans, Texans, and Packers. This team could easily have been 8-8 with a competent coach.

I have been saying that since the browns game a good coach and the Jets are close to 500 if not 500. Next yr when we gte better players via free agency this team will be behind the pats if not poised to take a 3 or 4 yr run. It is all about Sam and getting talent around him

42 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I want Bart Scott as the next HC of the NYJ- I’m not kidding.

willie colon as OL coach.

ray Lucas as the water boy

I actually mentioned I wanted Bart Scott as a DC a month or two ago. He came up the hard way as a UFA, and was brought here with Jim Leonhard by Rex to help instill the Ravens defensive scheme Ryan wanted to run here. I really think he’d be the type to get in a guys face after a blown assignment or dumb penalty. We could use that type of accountability here. Who knows if he’d be interested though with the radio and tv gigs he’s got now.

Have we been so BLUDGEONED WITH sh*t that we can actually wrap our heads around the  " RIDICULOUS" notion that Todd Bowles can somehow, some way escape his impending,  well deserved execution?  Yeah, that,  and Sir Charles Manson is being pardoned and is joining the Peace Corps. I hold fast to the belief that the "Johnson Boys", as clueless and hapless as they have shown themselves to be CANNOT BE THAT STUPID.  Thank You.

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Jets aren't reactive, like they said they're going to look at his whole body of work and decide if this team under his leadership is going in the right direction and if he's the guy to lead them.  Based on that metric, he's a goner.

Based on that metric they should ALL BE GONE.

5 hours ago, fusionCA said:

Bowles would never go so hard after the refs if he didnt know he was done.

This. The coaches have probably been holding out hope that Darnold's progress coupled with an unlikely win or two would possibly save them. Today's loss cemented their fate in Todd's eyes, and it clearly got the best of him. 

It's a shame really. He seems like a good guy, just a bad head coach.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mac may have saved his job by darnold looking great.

If the Jets retain Todd bowles as coach it will be the biggest mistake the jets have made since I became a fan in around 2006.

The ONLY redeeming thing about Bowles staying would be coming in here and seeing a nuclear melt down since my only joy as a football fan is Schadenfreude.

2006? I assumed you were older. 

This was the third or forth game this year where the Jets were the better team on the field and lost the game - this has been Bowles legacy since Rex knocked him out of the playoffs in 2015

Maybe the coaching staff is good at managing the players, building comradery and working hard in practice but on game day they get schooled - the 4th quarter stats are terrible - the worst Jets defense that I can rember in 25 years

6 hours ago, jetsons said:

Based on that metric they should ALL BE GONE.

No argument here.  If I had 100 mil in cap space and a top draft pick, I don't think I'd want Macc managing it. I can't stand hm saying we thought this player represented good value at whatever stage of the draft they drafted him.  Everything is a math equation with Macc. He speaks like he's the smartest guy in the room, but the results suck.  Maybe he should pick his eyes up from the spreadsheet and stop saying we.  Makes me think Bowles and Johnson are making the pick and he's just managing the process.

Archived