Poll: Of These 5 1st Round Rookie QBs, which is best long-term?

Poll: Of These 5 1st Round Rookie QBs, which is best long-term?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Of These 5 1st Round Rookie QBs, which is best long-term?

• Baker Mayfield
    • Sam Darnold
    • Josh Allen
    • Josh Rosen
    • Lamar Jackson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2019 at 04:42 AM

I do think it’s Sam with the biggest reason being we haven’t even scratched the surface with him yet.

Mayfield is going to be a great player and is already a highly regarded quarterback but I think he’s way closer to his ceiling right now than Darnold is.

It’s a 2 horse race. The other 3 guys aren’t quite on the same level in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

A big "what if" will always be what if the Browns and Giants took Mayfield and Darnold 1-2

Do the Jets take Rosen, Allen or Barkley? Given the absolute need for a QB and the trade of a pile of 2nds, they pass on Barkley who goes to the Browns.

Allen is too far from being ready and guess who becomes the QB? Rosen.  

Thank you Giants

• Upvote 1

I’ll take Sam but Baker and Lamar have been good. And imo Rosen  and Allen will be good NFL QBs. Hard to really say who is going to be the best. Right now you’d have to go for Mayfield who has turned around that franchise. He’s the real deal all of them are. It’s one of the best QBs classes since Marino etc, 

Baker has been impressive but the Browns have much more talent and protection that Sam hasnt had most of the season.  Finally the past few weeks the oline has stepped up and given him time and Sam looks like a beast.  Sam I feel has the whole package, the higher ceiling,and is a couple years younger

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I’ll take Sam but Baker and Lamar have been good. And imo Rosen  and Allen will be good NFL QBs. Hard to really say who is going to be the best. Right now you’d have to go for Mayfield who has turned around that franchise. He’s the real deal all of them are. It’s one of the best QBs classes since Marino etc, 

If the Browns offered Baker for Sam straight up, would you take that?

I think I’d stick with Sam. Right now Baker is ahead of him on the curve. And he was overall #1. But I think long run Sam has better size and better temperament and will be a more reliable player. Look if Baker is better but Sam has a good career ok. We didn’t get Marino sure but O’Brien was a good QB. We did well in that draft even if we passed on a better QB. 

• Upvote 1

Agree with most posts.

Sam and Baker are neck and neck. Baker’s accuracy has REALLY been impressive, and honestly the moxie is fun, great for entertainment and players will absolutely love to play the hearts out for him- there’s never been a QB like him.

that said he’s over 2 years older and 2 inches shorter than Sam. Sam at his same age has a higher ceiling.  Sam actually doesn’t know how to pass in a clean pocket with plenty of time, it’s actualy kind of funny to watch - he starts hopping around like his feet are on fire but it doesn’t matter because this guy doesn’t need a platform to throw off of- it’s like his upper body and lower aren’t connected and he can be accurate no matter what’s happening below the waist...but I’m sure he could be MORE accurate if he did get a good base.

Sams been a dream the past few games. A star is born. I’m actually glad we didn’t have to choose between the two but I’d choose Sam for his higher ceiling.

Lamars is going to get figured out- he’s going to take some hits or tear something and he’ll go RG3 IMO.

Josh Allen just doesn’t have the god given accuracy to be a top tier guy jmo 

josh Allen - we’ll see. AZ is simply an awful team. But josh is a traditional drop back kinda QB that is going by the wayside in the improv nfl...but too early to rule him out, he could still end up great.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cmon dude we’re about to finish 2022.  Tuscany is just giving us his end of year “greatest hits”.

This is twice in two days we almost posted the exact same thing… I swear I deleted a greatest hits comment in that post, ? 

Either we’re two extremely clever SOBs, or we’re both idiots!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

When Sam Darnold fell to the Jets at #3 I believe my exact quote in the draft thread was 'God has finally smiled on the Jets."   ?

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought things had FINALLY turned our way.  

Same. Thought blind Macc found an acorn.

family feud survey says GIF

PS: the Family Feud question from this gif was “we asked 100 men the best place to pickup women is…”

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

When Sam Darnold fell to the Jets at #3 I believe my exact quote in the draft thread was 'God has finally smiled on the Jets."   ?

Smiled ... and thought "you have NO IDEA how much I just screwed you guys over AGAIN" :D 

• Haha 1