Jump to content

This was the game the training wheels should have come off


More Cowbell

Recommended Posts

With a little more than 3 minutes left and the Jets clinging to a 3 point lead, Bowles or the OC called 2 run plays to burn clock but GB called there last two TO. A first down would have gotten the Jets to the 2 minute warning with possession.  This was the game they should have said Sam, go win the game. They should have passed. GB had no answer for Darnold all game. I truely believe had they put the game on Sam's arm, he answers the bell and we win. 

I can't  wait until the whole coaching staff is shown the door. I am tired of seeing gutless football. We have been watching this dating back to Edwards. 

Turn Darnold loose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Nothing to do with “training wheels” Peyton Manning could be our QB and the call would have been the same

Dude, its not a ****img insult. Jesus, everyone here aside from a couple of trolls are all in on Sam. Relax, bro. He made good points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Weird thing to be upset about. I’m ecstatic with Darnold’s game today. Getting a W today literally would’ve meant nothing. 

That is absolutely false. A comeback win against one of the greatest QB's of all time has value to a young QB who is still learning how to play and win in the NFL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Weird thing to be upset about. I’m ecstatic with Darnold’s game today. Getting a W today literally would’ve meant nothing. 

Im upset because we need to win games where Same throws 3 TDs and over 300 yards. . That should be a win. Sam needs to win games. I could care less about the 3rd overal pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dude, its not a ****img insult. Jesus, everyone here aside from a couple of trolls are all in on Sam. Relax, bro. He made good points.

It’s a nonsense point. The coaching staff is incompetent- has nothing to do with “training wheels” on the QB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

That is absolutely false. A comeback win against one of the greatest QB's of all time has value to a young QB who is still learning how to play and win in the NFL. 

Yeah. Our 21 year old QB is going to take today’s loss to his grave. He’ll never get over losing this game with so much  on the line. That 5th win would have been huge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loss means nothing for Sams future. The entire coaching staff will be fired, a new HC will bring in HIS SYSTEM, Sam went toe to toe with Aaron Rogers, Bowles defense can’t stop a nosebleed, and he’s a pussy when games get tight & this seeps through the entire team & they can’t win close games. Bowles defense let Rogers take a dump right in their mouths. 2 TD runs, 2 passing TDs 472 yards passing, 570 yards given up, none of that is Sams fault. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

With a little more than 3 minutes left and the Jets clinging to a 3 point lead, Bowles or the OC called 2 run plays to burn clock but GB called there last two TO. A first down would have gotten the Jets to the 2 minute warning with possession.  This was the game they should have said Sam, go win the game. They should have passed. GB had no answer for Darnold all game. I truely believe had they put the game on Sam's arm, he answers the bell and we win. 

I can't  wait until the whole coaching staff is shown the door. I am tired of seeing gutless football. We have been watching this dating back to Edwards. 

Turn Darnold loose. 

EXACTLY!!!!!! 

The NY Jets didn't want to win that game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Really, then why did they not pass the ball in the final 3 minutes. The game was not out of reach. We needed to score. 

Because, as Nico said, the staff is incompetent.  Especially with in game management.  

I don't always agree with Nico, but he's right.  Sam had 3 TDs, almost 350 yards, threw the ball 35 times, had a complete percentage of 68.6, with a 9.7 AVG, and was the best player on the field today.  The training wheels weren't on this week, and they weren't on last week.  That's just how Bowles is as a coach.  It's a large reason why he's going to be fired.  It doesn't matter who was behind center, Sam, McCown, Fitz, Geno, etc. this is how Todd manages a lead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

It’s a nonsense point. The coaching staff is incompetent- has nothing to do with “training wheels” on the QB

The coaching staff is incompetent but they did have training wheels on Darnold for a bit when he played multiple atrocious games in a row.

Luckily, he got a breather and watched how a pro does it and said that's been the difference in the last 3 weeks.  This is all actually going quicker than I thought it would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anything, this game proved that Darnold is looking more and more like the real deal and is able to elevate his offense despite a sup par supporting cast and terrible coaching and play calling.  He has shown flashes of doing this all year, especially the last few weeks.  Quite frankly, I'm ecstatic that the season is finishing this way - with Darnold thriving and the coaching staff looking like the incapable losers that they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...