MAHOMES OR DONALD: who is the MVP??

Blackout

Who is mvp  

50 members have voted

1. 1. MVP is...

• Mahomes
    • Donald
    • Brees

Donald and Mack are both worthy.  And in another year, Donald would have had a good chance.  But Mahomes didn't have a normal 'best year by a QB' year.  He had an incredible year statistically and as a 2nd year player in his first year as a starter, it's ridiculous.  You have to give him the nod.

Which means it will go to Brady of course.

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Drew Brees. 

No chance against Mahomes this year and that's a shame.  Look at this page: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_single_season.htm

74.9% completion percentage this season.  Highest ever.  Four of the top 5 seasons ever belong to Brees.  Most yards passing in a career. 

If he pulls off a SB win this year, I think he has to at least earn himself a seat at the table for the GOAT debate.  

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I just dont agree with this. Offensive player of the year? Sure. MVP? No. I think Brees is. KC has so many weapons.

It doesn’t matter. The guy has a chance to end the season with 5,000 yards, 50 TD’s/11 INT’s. He’s been on a different planet from the rest of the league.

The MVP award isn't just about personal stats. It's about team performance as well. Especially with a QB. Mahomes is 1-4 against playoff teams this year and his team is 11-4.  Brees is 3-0 against playoff teams and his team is 13-2. Mahomes needed to beat Seattle this week to clinch the MVP. Instead he lost and Brees pulled off a comeback and clinched the best record in the NFL. You can talk about all of the TD's by Mahomes but Brees is almost at a 75% completion rate which is going to break the record by 3% points. That combined with his record against playoff teams compared to Mahomes terrible record against playoff teams will get Brees the MVP. Mahomes will get some votes but i actually don't think it'll be close.

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Donald 100%

Mahomes plays on an insanely talented O with an offensive genius for a HC. Donald plays on a slightly above average O and leads the NFL in sacks from the DT position.

Slightly above average o? They’re second in the league in total offense and third by points per game. Fourth in passing and third in rushing. In what way is that offense not a top offense? 

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

The MVP award isn't just about personal stats. It's about team performance as well. Especially with a QB. Mahomes is 1-4 against playoff teams this year and his team is 11-4.  Brees is 3-0 against playoff teams and his team is 13-2. Mahomes needed to beat Seattle this week to clinch the MVP. Instead he lost and Brees pulled off a comeback and clinched the best record in the NFL. You can talk about all of the TD's by Mahomes but Brees is almost at a 75% completion rate which is going to break the record by 3% points. That combined with his record against playoff teams compared to Mahomes terrible record against playoff teams will get Brees the MVP. Mahomes will get some votes but i actually don't think it'll be close.

Mahomes has had to carry the leauges worst defesne to the 1 seed.  ....the Chiefs have lost 4 games, by a combined 14 points...3 of the 4 losses were on the road...at New England, at LA, and at Seattle....Mahomes lost to the Rams in a game where the Chiefs put up 51 points.  He lost to the Patriots in a game where the Chiefs put up 40 points.  Both of those loses were by 3 points each.   If any other QB were the QB of the Chiefs we'd be 8-8 at BEST.  We had to cut our stupid star RB.  we are starting two guards that weren't on the roster to start the season due to multiple injuries.  ....and we still haven't scored fewer than 26 points in a game all year.  If EVER there was a player who fit the definition of MVP it is Pat Mahomes......single handedly (both right and left) pulling rabbits out of the hat all game long.  

37 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Mahomes has had to carry the leauges worst defesne to the 1 seed.  ....the Chiefs have lost 4 games, by a combined 14 points...3 of the 4 losses were on the road...at New England, at LA, and at Seattle....Mahomes lost to the Rams in a game where the Chiefs put up 51 points.  He lost to the Patriots in a game where the Chiefs put up 40 points.  Both of those loses were by 3 points each.   If any other QB were the QB of the Chiefs we'd be 8-8 at BEST.  We had to cut our stupid star RB.  we are starting two guards that weren't on the roster to start the season due to multiple injuries.  ....and we still haven't scored fewer than 26 points in a game all year.  If EVER there was a player who fit the definition of MVP it is Pat Mahomes......single handedly (both right and left) pulling rabbits out of the hat all game long.  

That doesn't matter. It's about wins and losses. Mahomes left about 3 or 4 plays on the field this past weekend that would've led his team to victory. One was a wide open Kelce near the endzone. Right now if I'm looking at his stats for the season the thing that stands out to me the most is that he can't beat good teams. Forget about his numbers, when it was all said and done he lost and Brees won those games. That's how voters will see it in my opinion. 

Oh and they haven't locked the #1 seed up yet. The only team to do that is New Orleans. They haven't even locked up the division yet bc of back to back losses. If they lose Sunday and the Chargers win the Chiefs would be the 5 seed. 

Archived