Jets want Jim Harbaugh

JetsFanatic

18 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Another thought.

The Jets have been an air tight ship for the last 4 years information wise.

Suddenly coaching rumors and now a "full control" rumor are cropping up everywhere.

I'm not so sure Macc is as safe as has been previously reported.

I was actually thinking the same thing.  I struggle to believe Macc would try and get Harbaugh knowing he left San Fran because he wanted more control of the personnel. 

Hey, do you think Macc would be on board for a role of Head of Football operations or something like that?  Could we see an entire restructuring of the administration? 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Those are not exclusive. 

I'm all  for dumping mac.  I am not for giving a coach a 10 year deal and let him chose all the players,  It never works unless the guy has already won something,

10 years? Total control? Never won anything? Who says these are the absolutes.  He would be by far the best choice for this undisciplined, chaotic, lost, misguided, waste of a franchise that’s out there. 

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I was actually thinking the same thing.  I struggle to believe Macc would try and get Harbaugh knowing he left San Fran because he wanted more control of the personnel. 

Hey, do you think Macc would be on board for a role of Head of Football operations or something like that?  Could we see an entire restructuring of the administration? 

If I were to believe this rumor(not sure I do yet) I certainly could see a scenario where Macc stays with a new trumped up title but less power and then graciously leaves in a year or 2.

16 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I guess you haven't seen the success Matt Nagy, Jim Reich , Doug Pedersen , Sean McVay have had, No let's hire a retread that will gurantee us 4 more years of pound the rock football because he's a proven name. 

That's a pretty big point right there no? 

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

What are you talking about? Both programs were in shambles before he got there. You obviously don’t know anything about football or head coaches.

No I know nothing about being able to "draft" the best kids from all over the country to play for your program. These big college programs have every resource necessary to be successful. I don't care about HC success at the college level which is clearly an un-level playing field between the major programs and everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If I were to believe this rumor(not sure I do yet) I certainly could see a scenario where Macc stays with a new trumped up title but less power and then graciously leaves in a year or 2.

Mac stays but does all the running around and paperwork, he likes that.

Just give him a coffee and point him at the copier to get on with it.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That would be an interesting wrinkle to all of this.  A lot of people have problems with Macc's draft picks and contracts. I wonder how a lot of those same people would feel (I believe you fall into that category) with Macc having more of an operations role with less direct impact on the actual players. I'm not saying I'm for it. I'm just thinking while I type sorta thing. 

I guess I'm trying to look at scenarios where this rumor actually makes sense. 

One way is that the Johnson's are looking to get rid of Macc like you said. Another is that they are just tinkering again without his inclusion like the turds they are. 

The rest would have to be that Macc understands Harbaugh's desire to have control of the personnel choices and there is another piece like we are discussing. 

This is actually interesting to me unlike the rehashing of the same topics we've been tossing around on here lately. 

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Might as well just say well he's from the Parcells tree of the Belicheck tree etc......

Naaaah. Not quite the same.  He actually IS a proven name. Not just a big name, but a proven name. Two college programs rebuilt into successes and he took the niners who were having a really hard time for years to the Super Bowl. That's a little bit more than just being from a successful coaching tree. 

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I just don't like him. IMHO he comes across as a DBag. His brother John, were he available, is someone I would jump on in a heart beat.

I'm the opposite.  Didn't want John.

Jim has an extensive history developing and coaching up not only QB's, but the whole team. 

After Rex and Todd this team needs a d-bag type who doesn't care about hurting players feelings and benching them if they're under performing.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm the opposite.  Didn't want John.

Jim has an extensive history developing and coaching up not only QB's, but the whole team. 

After Rex and Todd this team needs a d-bag type who doesn't care about hurting players feelings and benching them if they're under performing.

This

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Naaaah. Not quite the same.  He actually IS a proven name. Not just a big name, but a proven name. Two college programs rebuilt into successes and he took the niners who were having a really hard time for years to the Super Bowl. That's a little bit more than just being from a successful coaching tree. 

Niners had a great D  that he rode along with the flukey year from Kap. College successes mean absolutely nothing to me with their unlimited resources that are used to lure the best talent in the country. 

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Boy, I cant wait for Harbaugh to bring his epic douchebagness and his antiquated "Smashmouth" Offensive system to the Jets and waste 3 years of Darnolds career before he runs back to the NCAA....

**** that. So stupid

You mean like how the wasted Alex Smiths career by turning him from a bust to a good player who almost got to a SB?

57 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

One good thing about this coaching rumour carousel is unlike the draft rumours which go on for months, it should be all over pretty quick in comparison.

I'd be willing to give him a shot. Unproven former coordinators aren't cutting it as it's a crap shoot with them.

We need to go fishing for big game.

couldnt disagree more.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Niners had a great D  that he rode along with the flukey year from Kap. College successes mean absolutely nothing to me with their unlimited resources that are used to lure the best talent in the country. 

And that niners D stunk before he got there and it stunk after he left — with Mangini coaching btw

Archived