JetsFanatic

Jets want Jim Harbaugh

Is Florio a legit source these days?  Legit question.  I don't follow him/Pro Football talk anymore.

That said, I'm a fairly open minded person when it comes to my sports teams, but I just wouldn't be very excited for Harbaugh.

Also, with Urb leaving Ohio State, I just can't see this being the time that Harbaugh jumps back to the NFL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I was actually thinking the same thing.  I struggle to believe Macc would try and get Harbaugh knowing he left San Fran because he wanted more control of the personnel. 

Hey, do you think Macc would be on board for a role of Head of Football operations or something like that?  Could we see an entire restructuring of the administration? 

If I were to believe this rumor(not sure I do yet) I certainly could see a scenario where Macc stays with a new trumped up title but less power and then graciously leaves in a year or 2.

Maybe Jim Harbaugh's agent wanted the Jets to be interested in Jim Harbaugh

• Upvote 1

For the record, I don't think his statement means anything regarding Bowles.  He's still gone.

Harbaugh won't be happening though.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

The Johnsons are absolute idiots with every thing they do.

Why dont you just not say anything.

Smdh.

I don't agree.  If you really aren't going to have interest in Harbaugh, squash it now.

If you did/do have interest in him, but have already been told he's staying at Michigan, also say this.

Either scenario, it doesn't allow other candidates to leverage this against you when talking salary.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You have no idea how much I agree with this, on every level. 

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but what would you say if Jets could trade back and land Fant in RD 1? Everyone is fixated on a #1 WR.  Two  #1 TEs would be an interesting alternative.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

zero sarcasm. A vacuum even...

Maybe my M.O. has begun to fade in recent years, but I'm the biggest Tight End table banger i know in this fan base. I wanted to run 12-personnel formations before NE made it popular... not that that makes me some kind of savant, but just reinforcing that I fell in love with the notion of having the 2 TE package (one Y and one joker/flex) a long time ago... If you remember the great Pettigrew infatuation -- We had Keller in the flex role, and i wanted Pettigrew bad, to be our Y. 

New England really did it right with Gronk and Hernandez -- and recently, PHI has been using it as their staple Offense, last year with Ertz and Burton, and with Burton gone, they drafted Dallas Boner-Pants Goedert to continue that success.

I want it. 

Im with you.  Fant and Hockenson killed people this year as a combo.  I think it's a very under appreciated way to build an offense. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Is Hockenson draft eligible, If so I'd prefer him.

He is.  Hasn't declared his intentions yet though.  I tend to think he's leaving based on a few things, but won't be surprised either way.  He's also a player.  Very good.  More of your traditional TE where as Fant is more of a matchup weapon.  

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

What was the deal with Fant this year?  His production doesn’t match his ability IMO, and Hockenson outplayed him.  

He was dinged a little bit.  It's a big discussion in Hawkeye country.   I personally think our offensive coaches just aren't creative enough to get him touches and mismatches.  They just plop him in their base offense and whatever comes comes. So when teams focus on him, Hockenson produces more because Fant is getting the more attention from opposing D.

That's my take at least.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, VinnyT16 said:

Fant wasn’t even good enough to start at Iowa. Overrated player.

He started every game.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company