JetsFanatic

Jets want Jim Harbaugh

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Those guys have 0 nfl experience and can’t shine Jim’s shoes. But typical jets fans reasoning, hire another coordinator instead of a proven head coach.

I guess you haven't seen the success Matt Nagy, Jim Reich , Doug Pedersen , Sean McVay have had, No let's hire a retread that will gurantee us 4 more years of pound the rock football because he's a proven name. 

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

No but I’ve seen Todd Bowles, Rex Ryan, Eric magini, here Edwards, al grough etc 

Then why the hell would you want Harbaugh. 

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s a proven winner wherever he goes

Please. Anyone can be a winner at programs like Stanford or Michigan. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

What are you talking about? Both programs were in shambles before he got there. You obviously don’t know anything about football or head coaches.

No I know nothing about being able to "draft" the best kids from all over the country to play for your program. These big college programs have every resource necessary to be successful. I don't care about HC success at the college level which is clearly an un-level playing field between the major programs and everyone else. 

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That's a pretty big point right there no? 

Might as well just say well he's from the Parcells tree of the Belicheck tree etc......

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Naaaah. Not quite the same.  He actually IS a proven name. Not just a big name, but a proven name. Two college programs rebuilt into successes and he took the niners who were having a really hard time for years to the Super Bowl. That's a little bit more than just being from a successful coaching tree. 

Niners had a great D  that he rode along with the flukey year from Kap. College successes mean absolutely nothing to me with their unlimited resources that are used to lure the best talent in the country. 

Just now, Philc1 said:

And that niners D stunk before he got there and it stunk after he left

Singletary turned around that D , Harbaugh inherited much of that after the Tomasula cup of tea. 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

And what was Singletary’s record as HC?

I don't care about the record he built that D.

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

E348F74C-47B2-49B5-B63B-865F19549AF4.jpeg.af8bdf42dceebdea2739c11207e54469.jpeg

Good analogy bringing in Harbaugh would be like when we brought back Fitzpatrick . Look he won last season he's the best option. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Then why did they turn into, arguably, the worst team in football under Tomsula and Chip Kelly.  

Harbaugh in the NFL is 

13-3 (NFC championship game)

11-4-1 in the hardest division in football (Super Bowl appearance)

12-4 in the hardest division in football (NFC championship game)

8-8.

I'd eat a pair of my own underwear for a coach like that, who made Alex Smith and Kaepernick look like All-Pro QBs, to come here and work with Sam.

Do you really need to ask that question ??

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

The niners had like 10 straight losing seasons before he got there. They got to the championship his first season and the Super Bowl his second. Come on man. I can understand if you don't want him, but the guy is a proven winner in three programs. One was in the NFL. 

And the Jets went to the AFCCG and playoffs under Rex his 1st 2 seasons.  By your criteria we should just bring him back right ?

Just now, Mogglez said:

Apparently I do.

It's because 2 of those coaches sucked, and the third, who they got rid of, didn't.

Singletary 

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Dude you are lost

Yeah I'm lost . Oh look there's a "rumor" about a "name" HC we must have him at all costs. He won once in the NFL and had success at two of the biggest college football programs ,one with a generational talent at QB. 

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Once again that's not the same. You would have to remove the last 4 years of Rex's tenure for that point to be applicable.  

So because Harbaugh bailed before the Niners went south he gets a free pass.  We will be making a big mistake if we hire this guy.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Who is a better candidate than Jim Harbaugh?

Carmichael, Moorehead, Lafleur . We need a progressive offensive mind that eat's, sleeps and breathe's offense. We have a QB ,we need to take advantage of the NFL rules that favor marquee QB's and offense. Harbaugh is just as much a ground and pound guy as our previous HC's . People are getting fooled by the success he's has elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, sourceworx said:

You have literally no proof that any of those guys would be better than Harbaugh. You just want the soup du jour.

And you have no proof Harbaugh would be better than any of those 3 here.  You just want the big name. 

Just now, peekskill68 said:

You could have a fair debate with him vs. Shanahan...

I would take Shanahan over him in a heartbeat. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Carmichael doesn't call plays, who the hell is Moorehead, and Mariota has seemingly regressed under Lafleur.   Not to mention - the Titans have been running the ball a lot more than passing it during their 4 game winning streak.

Joe Moorehead the current HC  at Miss St, he was the Penn St OC the two years prior. Yeah I know Payton calls the plays in NO, but Carmichael is intricately involved with that offense. Outside of Henry the Titans skill players are meh and I feel Sam is a much better QB than Mariota, Plus Vrabel is yet another defensive minded HC that skews the direction of that team. 

5 hours ago, BigO said:

44-19 in the NFL. 5-3 in postseason. Harbaugh was an extremely successful coach during his tenure with the San Francisco 49ers. His resume says it all: Four seasons, three NFC Championship Games, one Super Bowl

What planet are you on?

So again by this criteria we'd want Rex back - right ??

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

The bold is the funniest thing I've read in quite a while...care to re-phrase to save yourself 56? 

Sure . Just because a guy had success elsewhere doesn't mean he'll work here . Look at Saban and his stint in the NFL. Or how about the much over rated Bill Parcells who only looked for can't lose situations and would bail when things got tough and the salary cap bills came due. 

Harbaugh and his abrasive attitude would be like Rex part two w/o being funny at times. He'll alienate players and then we'll be stuck with him for what 5-7 years.  He's had success but IMO is the absolute wrong fit for this team at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think a lot of you are underestimating the hell out of the allure of Sam Darnold. Especially when it comes to an offensive minded coach.

Have you watched Michigan's offense ??.  Do you really think he's the answer in today's modern offensive NFL - I don't.

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Hes playing with the talent he has his offenses looked good with Luck at Stanford

He could choose from the best in the country at Michigan , he wont have that option here. So are we saying Harbaugh has no weaponz at Michigan , we're already making excuses for the guy and he's not even remotely the HC yet.  And his offense looked good at Stanford with Luck - really.  Luck was perhaps one of the greatest college Qb's of all time, I'd certainly hope his offense looked good there.

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Amazing how McCarthy and Harbaugh are both proven winners and oftense coaches but they suck let’s hire the Tennessee coordinator who barely beat a Todd Bowles D

Yeah because the outcome of 1 NFL game where an OC is saddled under yet another defensive coordinator HC is the definitive answer on what a coach can be. 

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I disagree.  He got more out of alex smith than anyone.  He then turned colin Kaepernick into a near super bowl winning qb.  I think he is shown to be an excellent developer of quarterbacks

Kapernick was ultimately a glorified RG 3 . His game was completely predicated on him running the football. DC's watched film and rendered him useless. Harbaugh did nothing to develop Kap as a true QB. The same thing will happen to brother John in Baltimore if they don't get Lamar Jackson to play more  as a pocket based passer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Huh?

Harbaugh IS an offensive coach. He was a QB for crying out loud.

The guy developed Andrew Luck, completely turned Alex Smith’s career around and had a gimmicky QB like Kaepernick on the verge of winning a Super Bowl.

Nobody developed Luck, he is a generational talent. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Rex was the embodiment of a players coach.  Totally opposite of what you are saying. You have many of your points all jumbled up. I can't believe you're still trying to make these arguments from last night.  It's cool that you don't want him, but the examples you are using and the conclusions you're drawing are kinda silly.  

He's a hard ass who wants to run a ground and pound offense , sound like Rex a bit . I 'm sorry hard pass on Harbaugh. 

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but what would you say if Jets could trade back and land Fant in RD 1? Everyone is fixated on a #1 WR.  Two  #1 TEs would be an interesting alternative.

Is Hockenson draft eligible, If so I'd prefer him.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nope. No.

Are there range restrictions on the ankle bracelets - j/k  Merry Christmas

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I thought this was a thread about Jim Harbaugh not Iowa tight ends.

Letting it be known that the Jets are interested in Harbaugh says that the calculus has (finally!) changed in Florham Park.  I don't think they are willing to settle for a virtual unknown coordinator.  They are going to make a splash this offseason, one way or another.  When Harbaugh rebuffs them, I think the Johnsons go after another big name.  Despite being a defensive minded coach, I wouldn't be surprised if they speak to Tony Dungy.  To me, Dungy makes a lot of sense.  He's got a SB ring, tons of respect around the league and is a total no-nonsense guy.   He would also be able to hire top notch assistants.  I think the players would rejoice if he were to take over.

If Cleveland sticks with Gregg Williams, it also wouldn't surprise me if Chris contacts Bruce Arians.  There may be some bad blood after his former DC gets fired, but money talks.  He's another guy with gravitas around the league and will be liked by his players.

If they look at very high profile college coaches, of course Nick Saban will be considered.  Despite what Steve! Serby!!! says, Lincoln Riley is not the guy to lead this team.  He doesn't have the reputation around the league the others have and I just don't think he's the type of guy to lead them out of the wilderness.

Dungy and Arians would both work well with Maccagnan certainly more so than Harbaugh.  Saban would want full control of player decisions which could leave Mac doing what he does best, make trades.

:rl::curse::smilies2_puke:

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company