JetsFanatic

Jets want Jim Harbaugh

They’re saying the Jets are going to throw a ton of money at him. Hope he comes would be a good choice I think.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

We would have to give this guy near the same deal as chucky got and the same freedom.  No. Stay away from that kind of commitment.

Why? Who cares it’s not your money.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

no thx... I think there are better candidates out there.

Like who? Harbaugh is the best along with McCarthey

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I guess you haven't seen the success Matt Nagy, Jim Reich , Doug Pedersen , Sean McVay have had, No let's hire a retread that will gurantee us 4 more years of pound the rock football because he's a proven name. 

No but I’ve seen Todd Bowles, Rex Ryan, Eric magini, here Edwards, al grough etc 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Then why the hell would you want Harbaugh. 

He’s a proven winner wherever he goes

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Please. Anyone can be a winner at programs like Stanford or Michigan. 

What are you talking about? Both programs were in shambles before he got there. You obviously don’t know anything about football or head coaches.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

So because Harbaugh bailed before the Niners went south he gets a free pass.  We will be making a big mistake if we hire this guy.

Curious as to who you’d like to hire?

1 hour ago, Pennington said:

Harbaugh is a good coach but he is the wrong coach for a team with a young franchise QB. With Sam Darnold here this team needs to be built around him. That means that the offense should be aggressive with an extreme emphasis on throwing the ball.

Harbaugh is your classic ground and pound type of coach. He wants to win by running the ball 60% of the time and playing tough defense. This would be fine if we had a mediocre veteran QB like Alex Smith who isn't capable of carrying a team. Sam Darnold is going to be a franchise QB like Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. It would be a massive mistake to stifle his creativity like a Harbaugh would do to him. We finally have the QB we have waited decades for and it would be incredibly stupid to not keep this in mind when hiring the next coach.

The key to the Jets success in the future is Darnold which is why I want a creative offensive mind to go along with our franchise QB. Give me Lincoln Riley or a good young assistant like Zac Taylor to go along with our franchise QB. Again Harbaugh is definitely a solid coach but he is not the guy to get the best out of a young gunslinger like Darnold.

Andrew Luck threw for 70 td passes in 2 years under Harbaugh. I’m sure he’d let sam sling it around the field 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe Jim Harbaugh's agent wanted the Jets to be interested in Jim Harbaugh

oh no ! He said “Todd Bowles is our head coach” 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company