JetsFanatic

Jets want Jim Harbaugh

One of the few with enough gravitas to require a say in roster decisions.  I'd be ok with a reduced role or even termination for Macc if it means getting Jim.  Guy is legit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

GOOD LORD NO!!

we tend to agree...  what's your hesitation?

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

This team has Defensive talent.  The issues are coaching, scheme, game planning, and defensive playcalling.

add lack of accountability, no killer instinct, constant miscommunication, no fear of repercussion for playing poorly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah I'm lost . Oh look there's a "rumor" about a "name" HC we must have him at all costs. He won once in the NFL and had success at two of the biggest college football programs ,one with a generational talent at QB. 

Who is a better candidate than Jim Harbaugh?

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Carmichael, Moorehead, Lafleur . We need a progressive offensive mind that eat's, sleeps and breathe's offense. We have a QB ,we need to take advantage of the NFL rules that favor marquee QB's and offense. Harbaugh is just as much a ground and pound guy as our previous HC's . People are getting fooled by the success he's has elsewhere. 

Carmichael doesn't call plays, who the hell is Moorehead, and Mariota has seemingly regressed under Lafleur.   Not to mention - the Titans have been running the ball a lot more than passing it during their 4 game winning streak.

Just now, peekskill68 said:

You could have a fair debate with him vs. Shanahan...

Not in my mind..  Shanahan is a dinosaur and never won anything without Elway and TD. 

There are a lot of coaches I'd want over him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionelRichie said:

A better question is why would Jim Harbaugh come to the jets?    

This is one of the most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports and harbugh has a great resume.   With Meyer gone he’s now king sh*t of the big 10 until frost takes over which is still 2-3 years away.   Why would Harbaugh come here outside of darnolds potential?

Because winners know they can make a difference.  They're not scared of the boogeyman or whatever other ridiculous fantasies some fans ascribe to the Jets.

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Nobody developed Luck, he is a generational talent. 

🤨

Andrew Luck gushes about Jim Harbaugh: 'He's a heck of a coach'

Dave Birkett, Detroit Free Press Published 1:42 p.m. ET Sept. 7, 2016
636088523658807759-USATSI-7451331-115794393-lowres.jpg

(Photo: Kyle Terada, USA TODAY Sports)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

Jim Harbaugh has Michigan ranked in the top five for the first time in nearly a decade, and one of his former quarterbacks said today that he's "not surprised" in the least by the success of Harbaugh's new program.

"He's a heck of a coach," Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck said in a teleconference with Detroit reporters today. "He’s a winner. I know I learned a bunch from him. I feel like I grew as a player, as a man, a lot under him. Always happy for his success -- as long as they’re not playing Stanford in the Rose Bowl. Then I have to root for Stanford."

Harbaugh recruited Luck to Stanford and coached him for three seasons, helping to develop Luck into one of the best quarterback prospects of this generation.

With Harbaugh as his coach, Luck earned freshman All-America status in 2009 and was named the Pac-10 offensive player of the year a season later.

In 2011, Harbaugh left for the NFL, where he won back-to-back NFC West titles and led the San Francisco 49ers to three straight playoff appearances.

Harbaugh took over as Michigan coach before last season and led the Wolverines to a 10-3 record. This year, the Wolverines (1-0) are one of the favorites to win the Big Ten and are coming off of an impressive 63-3 win over Hawaii.

Luck, the first pick of the 2012 NFL draft, said he owes Harbaugh for helping him develop in every facet of the game.

"Competitive edge, how to play quarterback, and not just on-the-field stuff but the off-the-field sort of work description, in a sense, that a quarterback has," Luck said. "He’s a heck of a coach."

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe Jim Harbaugh's agent wanted the Jets to be interested in Jim Harbaugh

It would only make sense to say this if he was told from Harbaughs people that he is 100% staying put in MI. 

Still hate the phrasing though..  he could have said he's not sure where the rumor started but Todd Bowles is the HC and our focus is on trying to win the game against the Patriots. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

where are we at with this?

It's not real. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company