Jets want Jim Harbaugh

JetsFanatic

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Those are not exclusive. 

I'm all  for dumping mac.  I am not for giving a coach a 10 year deal and let him chose all the players,  It never works unless the guy has already won something,

You don't have to do 10 years to hit the Gruden money.

5 years 50-55 million.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

This team has Defensive talent.  The issues are coaching, scheme, game planning, and defensive playcalling.

add lack of accountability, no killer instinct, constant miscommunication, no fear of repercussion for playing poorly.

18 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Singletary turned around that D , Harbaugh inherited much of that after the Tomasula cup of tea. 

Then why did they turn into, arguably, the worst team in football under Tomsula and Chip Kelly.  

Harbaugh in the NFL is:

13-3 (NFC championship game)

11-4-1 in the hardest division in football (Super Bowl appearance)

12-4 in the hardest division in football (NFC championship game)

8-8.

I'd eat a pair of my own underwear for a coach like that, who made Alex Smith and Kaepernick look like All-Pro QBs, to come here and work with Sam.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Then why did they turn into, arguably, the worst team in football under Tomsula and Chip Kelly.  

Harbaugh in the NFL is 

13-3 (NFC championship game)

11-4-1 in the hardest division in football (Super Bowl appearance)

12-4 in the hardest division in football (NFC championship game)

8-8.

I'd eat a pair of my own underwear for a coach like that, who made Alex Smith and Kaepernick look like All-Pro QBs, to come here and work with Sam.

Do you really need to ask that question ??

21 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Niners had a great D  that he rode along with the flukey year from Kap. College successes mean absolutely nothing to me with their unlimited resources that are used to lure the best talent in the country. 

The niners had like 10 straight losing seasons before he got there. They got to the championship his first season and the Super Bowl his second. Come on man. I can understand if you don't want him, but the guy is a proven winner in three programs. One was in the NFL. 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

The niners had like 10 straight losing seasons before he got there. They got to the championship his first season and the Super Bowl his second. Come on man. I can understand if you don't want him, but the guy is a proven winner in three programs. One was in the NFL. 

And the Jets went to the AFCCG and playoffs under Rex his 1st 2 seasons.  By your criteria we should just bring him back right ?

57 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We definitely are going big game hunting that’s fire sure. Rumors of Jim Harbaugh and Mike McCarthy.

Serious question. Have there been rumors leaked of us going after McCarthy, or has his name just come up in articles or on this board because he’s now available?

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Dude you are lost

Yeah I'm lost . Oh look there's a "rumor" about a "name" HC we must have him at all costs. He won once in the NFL and had success at two of the biggest college football programs ,one with a generational talent at QB. 

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Serious question. Have there been rumors leaked of us going after McCarthy, or has his name just come up in articles or on this board because he’s now available?

There are no real rumors because Todd Bowles is coming back next year

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah I'm lost . Oh look there's a "rumor" about a "name" HC we must have him at all costs. He won once in the NFL and had success at two of the biggest college football programs ,one with a generational talent at QB. 

It’s one thing to doubt the validity of this rumor it’s another thing to say he’s not at the very least a WAY better coach than we’ve had since Parcells

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And the Jets went to the AFCCG and playoffs under Rex his 1st 2 seasons.  By your criteria we should just bring him back right ?

Once again that's not the same. You would have to remove the last 4 years of Rex's tenure for that point to be applicable.  

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Who is a better candidate than Jim Harbaugh?

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Once again that's not the same. You would have to remove the last 4 years of Rex's tenure for that point to be applicable.  

So because Harbaugh bailed before the Niners went south he gets a free pass.  We will be making a big mistake if we hire this guy.

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I was actually thinking the same thing.  I struggle to believe Macc would try and get Harbaugh knowing he left San Fran because he wanted more control of the personnel. 

Hey, do you think Macc would be on board for a role of Head of Football operations or something like that?  Could we see an entire restructuring of the administration? 

More like Head of the Cafeteria 

Archived