Jump to content
JetsFanatic

Jets want Jim Harbaugh

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

And what was Singletary’s record as HC?

I don't care about the record he built that D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Those are not exclusive. 

I'm all  for dumping mac.  I am not for giving a coach a 10 year deal and let him chose all the players,  It never works unless the guy has already won something,

You don't have to do 10 years to hit the Gruden money.

5 years 50-55 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I don't care about the record he built that D.

This team has Defensive talent.  The issues are coaching, scheme, game planning, and defensive playcalling.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pac said:

grooming Andrew Luck, turning around Alex Smiths career, making Colin Kap a flipping SB QB... 

THIS is the guy we should want.

 

Horrible track record with qbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

This team has Defensive talent.  The issues are coaching, scheme, game planning, and defensive playcalling.

add lack of accountability, no killer instinct, constant miscommunication, no fear of repercussion for playing poorly.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pac said:

add lack of accountability, no killer instinct, constant miscommunication, no fear of repercussion for playing poorly.

Hey did you Dick Kotite built the 1998 AFCG team Parcells merely inherited it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Horrible track record with qbs

Isn't young enough. If he were under 35 then he'd be ok.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Singletary turned around that D , Harbaugh inherited much of that after the Tomasula cup of tea. 

Then why did they turn into, arguably, the worst team in football under Tomsula and Chip Kelly.  

Harbaugh in the NFL is:

13-3 (NFC championship game)

11-4-1 in the hardest division in football (Super Bowl appearance)

12-4 in the hardest division in football (NFC championship game)

8-8.

I'd eat a pair of my own underwear for a coach like that, who made Alex Smith and Kaepernick look like All-Pro QBs, to come here and work with Sam.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sourceworx said:

Isn't young enough. If he were under 35 then he'd be ok.

I think the whole nonsense about McVay being successful because he’s young got quiet

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pac said:

add lack of accountability, no killer instinct, constant miscommunication, no fear of repercussion for playing poorly.

See: Coaching

Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

E348F74C-47B2-49B5-B63B-865F19549AF4.jpeg.af8bdf42dceebdea2739c11207e54469.jpeg

Good analogy bringing in Harbaugh would be like when we brought back Fitzpatrick . Look he won last season he's the best option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

I don't care about the 1-15 record. He built that team!!!

Kotite discovered Wayne Chrebet and drafted Keyshawn Johnson.  Those weasels Parcells and Belichick took his team to the AFCG

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Good analogy bringing in Harbaugh would be like when we brought back Fitzpatrick . Look he won last season he's the best option. 

Dude you are lost

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Then why did they turn into, arguably, the worst team in football under Tomsula and Chip Kelly.  

Harbaugh in the NFL is 

13-3 (NFC championship game)

11-4-1 in the hardest division in football (Super Bowl appearance)

12-4 in the hardest division in football (NFC championship game)

8-8.

I'd eat a pair of my own underwear for a coach like that, who made Alex Smith and Kaepernick look like All-Pro QBs, to come here and work with Sam.

Do you really need to ask that question ??

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Niners had a great D  that he rode along with the flukey year from Kap. College successes mean absolutely nothing to me with their unlimited resources that are used to lure the best talent in the country. 

The niners had like 10 straight losing seasons before he got there. They got to the championship his first season and the Super Bowl his second. Come on man. I can understand if you don't want him, but the guy is a proven winner in three programs. One was in the NFL. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Kotite discovered Wayne Chrebet and drafted Keyshawn Johnson.  Those weasels Parcells and Belichick took his team to the AFCG

He had an eye for talent. He just couldn't get them to win games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do you really need to ask that question ??

Apparently I do.

It's because 2 of those coaches sucked, and the third, who they got rid of, didn't.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GREENBEAN said:

The niners had like 10 straight losing seasons before he got there. They got to the championship his first season and the Super Bowl his second. Come on man. I can understand if you don't want him, but the guy is a proven winner in three programs. One was in the NFL. 

And the Jets went to the AFCCG and playoffs under Rex his 1st 2 seasons.  By your criteria we should just bring him back right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

Apparently I do.

It's because 2 of those coaches sucked, and the third, who they got rid of, didn't.

Singletary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florio is an idiot.  He swore up and down earlier this season that he had good sources telling him Lev Bell was being traded to the Eagles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We definitely are going big game hunting that’s fire sure. Rumors of Jim Harbaugh and Mike McCarthy.

Serious question. Have there been rumors leaked of us going after McCarthy, or has his name just come up in articles or on this board because he’s now available?

  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

He had an eye for talent. He just couldn't get them to win games.

The Macagnan lovers keep asking who should be the new GM

 

Well what about Kotite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Dude you are lost

Yeah I'm lost . Oh look there's a "rumor" about a "name" HC we must have him at all costs. He won once in the NFL and had success at two of the biggest college football programs ,one with a generational talent at QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 14 in Green said:

Serious question. Have there been rumors leaked of us going after McCarthy, or has his name just come up in articles or on this board because he’s now available?

There are no real rumors because Todd Bowles is coming back next year

  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah I'm lost . Oh look there's a "rumor" about a "name" HC we must have him at all costs. He won once in the NFL and had success at two of the biggest college football programs ,one with a generational talent at QB. 

It’s one thing to doubt the validity of this rumor it’s another thing to say he’s not at the very least a WAY better coach than we’ve had since Parcells

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And the Jets went to the AFCCG and playoffs under Rex his 1st 2 seasons.  By your criteria we should just bring him back right ?

Once again that's not the same. You would have to remove the last 4 years of Rex's tenure for that point to be applicable.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah I'm lost . Oh look there's a "rumor" about a "name" HC we must have him at all costs. He won once in the NFL and had success at two of the biggest college football programs ,one with a generational talent at QB. 

Who is a better candidate than Jim Harbaugh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Once again that's not the same. You would have to remove the last 4 years of Rex's tenure for that point to be applicable.  

So because Harbaugh bailed before the Niners went south he gets a free pass.  We will be making a big mistake if we hire this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 56mehl56 said:

So because Harbaugh bailed before the Niners went south he gets a free pass.  We will be making a big mistake if we hire this guy.

Curious as to who you’d like to hire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Macagnan lovers keep asking who should be the new GM

 

Well what about Kotite?

I'd let Harbaugh pick his own GM.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I was actually thinking the same thing.  I struggle to believe Macc would try and get Harbaugh knowing he left San Fran because he wanted more control of the personnel. 

Hey, do you think Macc would be on board for a role of Head of Football operations or something like that?  Could we see an entire restructuring of the administration? 

More like Head of the Cafeteria 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...