JetsFanatic

Jets want Jim Harbaugh

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

After winning

He couldn't even beat their main rival, OSU.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Hes playing with the talent he has his offenses looked good with Luck at Stanford

He gets a top #10 recruitment class every year. So saying he doesn't have the talent is pure BS.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nope. No.

Are there range restrictions on the ankle bracelets - j/k  Merry Christmas

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nope. No.

Good I didn't really mean it. You didn't call no take backz. 

21 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Another thought.

k

Suddenly coaching rumors and now a "full control" rumor are cropping up everywhere.

I'm not so sure Macc is as safe as has been previously reported.

9 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Nobody developed Luck, he is a generational talent. 

So quality of his coaching along the way, like in college, means nothing?

New England really did it right with Gronk and Hernandez

Im with you.  Fant and Hockenson killed people this year as a combo.  

And Hernandez killed people solo!
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

where are we at with this?

It's not real. 

I thought this was a thread about Jim Harbaugh not Iowa tight ends.

Letting it be known that the Jets are interested in Harbaugh says that the calculus has (finally!) changed in Florham Park.  I don't think they are willing to settle for a virtual unknown coordinator.  They are going to make a splash this offseason, one way or another.  When Harbaugh rebuffs them, I think the Johnsons go after another big name.  Despite being a defensive minded coach, I wouldn't be surprised if they speak to Tony Dungy.  To me, Dungy makes a lot of sense.  He's got a SB ring, tons of respect around the league and is a total no-nonsense guy.   He would also be able to hire top notch assistants.  I think the players would rejoice if he were to take over.

If Cleveland sticks with Gregg Williams, it also wouldn't surprise me if Chris contacts Bruce Arians.  There may be some bad blood after his former DC gets fired, but money talks.  He's another guy with gravitas around the league and will be liked by his players.  Is it just me or does Arians not sound like David Cone?

If they look at very high profile college coaches, of course Nick Saban will be considered.  Despite what Steve! Serby!!! says, Lincoln Riley is not the guy to lead this team.  He doesn't have the reputation around the league the others have and I just don't think he's the type of guy to lead them out of the wilderness.

Dungy and Arians would both work well with Maccagnan certainly more so than Harbaugh.  Saban would want full control of player decisions which could leave Mac doing what he does best, make trades.

I think it's going to be a wild ride but the Jets are going to be very quick and decisive with this decision.

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I thought this was a thread about Jim Harbaugh not Iowa tight ends.

Letting it be known that the Jets are interested in Harbaugh says that the calculus has (finally!) changed in Florham Park.  I don't think they are willing to settle for a virtual unknown coordinator.  They are going to make a splash this offseason, one way or another.  When Harbaugh rebuffs them, I think the Johnsons go after another big name.  Despite being a defensive minded coach, I wouldn't be surprised if they speak to Tony Dungy.  To me, Dungy makes a lot of sense.  He's got a SB ring, tons of respect around the league and is a total no-nonsense guy.   He would also be able to hire top notch assistants.  I think the players would rejoice if he were to take over.

If Cleveland sticks with Gregg Williams, it also wouldn't surprise me if Chris contacts Bruce Arians.  There may be some bad blood after his former DC gets fired, but money talks.  He's another guy with gravitas around the league and will be liked by his players.

If they look at very high profile college coaches, of course Nick Saban will be considered.  Despite what Steve! Serby!!! says, Lincoln Riley is not the guy to lead this team.  He doesn't have the reputation around the league the others have and I just don't think he's the type of guy to lead them out of the wilderness.

Dungy and Arians would both work well with Maccagnan certainly more so than Harbaugh.  Saban would want full control of player decisions which could leave Mac doing what he does best, make trades.

:rl::curse::smilies2_puke:

• Upvote 1