Adam Gase

BCJet

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Dolphins coach Adam Gase is "in jeopardy" of being fired.

Rumblings over Gase's job have been out for awhile, so this isn't a huge surprise. Owner Stephen Ross is considering "sweeping changes" after another middling season, though GM Chris Grier is expected to be safe. Gase has botched personnel decisions throughout his Miami tenure and hasn't lived up to his offensive background, with the Dolphins ranking near the bottom of the league in scoring the last two years. With Miami unlikely to make the playoffs, the Dolphins could move on from Gase this offseason.

I dont know what personnel issues Gase has had as he essentially has 2 GMs in Tannenbaum and Grier - unless they mean trading Jay Ajayi which I dont see a problem with.  

In my opinion, Gase has done quite a bit with a very average team.  People think we dont have any talent, yet look at that organization and tell me how exactly Gase has underachieved with what he's been given.  On top of that, Gase is in the worst position a HC could be in - his QB is just good enough to not be dumped, but will never be good enough to win a road playoff game in January.  He would likely be thrilled to coach someone like Sam and I think he would be a strong coach to consider. 

Archived