Baker Mayfield is the "Obvious Rookie of the Year" Per BleacherReport

Warfish

Who is the 2018 Offensive Rookie of the Year?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets your vote for 2018 Offensive Rookie of the Year?

• Baker Mayfield (QB)
    • Saquon Barkley (RB)
    • Sam Darnold (QB)
    • Josh Allen (QB)
    • Josh Rosen (QB)
    • Lamar Jackson (QB)
    • Nick Chubb (RB)
    • Calvin Ridley (WR)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

If Baker has a great game, on the road, versus the Ravens defense, which is the best in the NFL this season (Ravens),  I'm sure he'll get a lot of those votes meant for Saquon Barkley.

Baker has more talent around him than probably 12 or 13 teams in the AFC!

Landry, Callaway, Higgins, Njoku, Chubb. 

Plus they got to play the Bengals twice! 

Perspective. 

Barkley.  Not even close in my opinion.

244 carries for 1,198 Yards and 10 TD's.  - That's a great season for any RB, not just rookies.

87 catches for 688 Yards and 4 TD's. - That's a very good season for a WR.

4.9 yards per rush over a long season where every defense knows he's getting the ball. Ridiculous.

He will likely go over 2,000 total yards this year averaging just about 1 TD every game.  That's unreal for a rookie.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You think Jackson first? Whoa. I don’t see how Barkley #1 is even debatable but I’d get the next four being close. Allen and Rosen shouldn’t even be in the conversation 

there were 4-5, now 9-6...  

i mean, strictly by the #'s, its SB. 

I also been rooting for LJ.

Crazy how Chubb is an afterthought. The guy is flat out amazing, and is only ~200 yards less than Saquon even though he barely played the first 5-6 weeks. It’s no coincidence that Baker’s stats started looking a lot better once Hyde was traded and Chubb took over RB1. 

Saquon is deff ROTY, but Chubb should at least be getting mentions. 

I voted Mayfield. That said I wouldn't trade Darnold for Mayfield. I think Mayfield is a future Top 5 guy, Darnold is a future HOF #1 QB in the NFL QB. I truly believe that. Darnold has succeeded the last few weeks despite the talent around him. Baker is Baker. But Darnold has this quality where you see the improvement every week and it is obvious he is no where near his ceiling. Baker is. I have said this all along. All 4 of the top guys will be very good to great, and it looks like Lamar might too. It is the second 1983 draft class that will shape the NFL for years to come. 

5 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The league has fallen in love with Baker Mayfield. It should be Barkley, but I have a feeling it will be Baker. I guess it's hard to argue because he is a QB. It's a much more important position and he's played really well.

I'm thrilled with Sam, but he shouldn't be rookie of the year.  I'd still pick Sam if we had the #1 pick.  2 years younger than Baker, doesn't act like a d1ck.  In the end he'll be a better player for longer.

6 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

WTF? I love Sam but Mayfield has made the Browns relevant again.Thats not an easy thing to do. He is the Rookie of the Year and he should get it but I think they give it to Barkley. Bigger Market and all that.

If A-aron is an “immature crybaby” what does that make Mayfield with his sideline dong swinging and staring down Hue Jackson who is now on another team? Get over it! 

Mayfield is just am epic douchebag. Whats with the punk ass stare down of Hue Jackson? LOL. The guy got FIRED. He took the next job, Hillbilly. Get over it.

I would love to see somebody earhole that **** into the Ambulance......and I don't even like Hue Jackson. The kid is just such an unlikeable Punk. Got something to say to Hue? Act like a man and say it to his face, you midget bitch. Not in the media or on the field where youre protected. 

Bitch ass wanna be tough guy millenial.

Rant over.

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

If A-aron is an “immature crybaby” what does that make Mayfield with his sideline dong swinging and staring down Hue Jackson who is now on another team? Get over it! 

There's nothing to get over. Mayfield came in and made a difference on an 0-16 team. A Hue Jackson coached team that took off after he was fired. Maybe that was the problem all along. Hue Jackson won nothing.LITERALLY. He deserved to be stared down at the least. Get a clue, the results speak for themselves.

24 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

There's nothing to get over. Mayfield came in and made a difference on an 0-16 team. A Hue Jackson coached team that took off after he was fired. Maybe that was the problem all along. Hue Jackson won nothing.LITERALLY. He deserved to be stared down at the least. Get a clue, the results speak for themselves.

It’s insanely unprofessional and immature. These things have a way of coming back to bite you. It’s entirely possible Mayfield could find himself on a team with Jackson some day. Act like an adult. Do your best Oscar worthy job. 

Look I wanted Mayfield drafted by the Jets and didn't even have Darnold in my list because he was young and going to go supposedly Number 1.

But look certainly Mayfield has done a lot with Cleveland and what they are doing no doubt, but I am extremely happy that we have Sam Darnold as the Jets QB.  No make that ECSTATIC!!

I don't like the way Mayfield went bush league on Hue Jackson last game, I don't and while I think that I was right that Mayfield was and is going to a "Star" in the NFL, I just don't think folks realize how good "Sam I Am Da Man", ........ really is.

Think on this Darnold has led the NFL for 3 consecutive weeks with essentially a journeymen WR and TE leading the way and RBs getting less than 65 yards in the last game. 

Yes......................Darnold still makes mistakes for sure, but the fact that he has been playing lights out even with that should tell you how great he is and will be!

Lets Go Jets!!!

32 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Which is why I give my vote to Barkley.

Jackson and Haley hated each other and made the franchise dysfunctional. Get rid of both of them and the Browns take off.

Plus as someone mentioned, Chubb has been great since being made the starting running back. That really helps Mayfield.

Barkley has a broken Manning chucking picks left right and centre and has an offensive line that can't block worth a damn.

Should be Barkley but it looks like he has hit the rookie wall the last couple of weeks and the media has the memory capacity of a gold fish so no doubt Mayfield wins.

52 minutes ago, Xtina said:

It’s insanely unprofessional and immature. These things have a way of coming back to bite you. It’s entirely possible Mayfield could find himself on a team with Jackson some day. Act like an adult. Do your best Oscar worthy job. 

Jackson was clearly the problem with the Browns and then went to a division rival after he was fired. That would be like Bowles getting fired and becoming a special consultant with the Patriots. Not cool. An act of betrayal is the worst thing you can do. Jackson got what he deserved.

51 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Jackson was clearly the problem with the Browns and then went to a division rival after he was fired. That would be like Bowles getting fired and becoming a special consultant with the Patriots. Not cool. An act of betrayal is the worst thing you can do. Jackson got what he deserved.

And the dong swinging was really called for too. You sound just as immature 

3 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I'm thrilled with Sam, but he shouldn't be rookie of the year.  I'd still pick Sam if we had the #1 pick.  2 years younger than Baker, doesn't act like a d1ck.  In the end he'll be a better player for longer.

Sam's definitely not the rookie of the year. Mayfield or Barkley should get it. 

12 hours ago, Xtina said:

And the dong swinging was really called for too. You sound just as immature 

Lol. You don't like Mayfield. It's cool. No need to be a prude. These guys do it all the time. If each of us had a buck for everytime someone in the NFL made a crotch move we would all be rich. Lighten up.

13 hours ago, Xtina said:

Yeah its fine you have success, but if this attitude keeps up when times aren't as fruitful it is going to lead to a lot of problems down the road.

Archived