Cardinals and McCarthy have mutual interest in HC job

Patriot Killa

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

If he is actually discussing a job before it is open and this isn't a dumb click bait article **** that guy what a scumbag 

It’s probably just one of those empty rumors with a “source” to McCarthy. 

Know a lot of Jets fans love to stick their noses at this potential hire but probably still holds some kind of value in a discussion.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s probably just one of those empty rumors with a “source” to McCarthy. 

Know a lot of Jets fans love to stick their noses at this potential hire but probably still holds some kind of value in a discussion.

Oh I would ask for an interview but in the interview I would ask him bluntly about his relationship with Rodgers and if he needs to find players to fit his offense or if he designs an offense around his players 

The next coach has to evaluate what Sam likes to do and build around that 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Oh I would ask for an interview but in the interview I would ask him bluntly about his relationship with Rodgers and if he needs to find players to fit his offense or if he designs an offense around his players 

The next coach has to evaluate what Sam likes to do and build around that 

Exactly right.

I'd be relieved if he ends up elsewhere.  I get the feeling he'd cost a lot and want a long-term deal because he has such an "impressive resume".  To me though, the guy is still unproven though because his resume was built on the back of a HOF QB in his prime (who ultimately decided he wanted McCarthy out).

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Welp. Arizona is more his preferred kind of  environment. McCarthy advocates will have to monitor this one. Hearing Wilks is all but out of a job.

AF94B05B-2687-4B95-B8B8-572FF4541E4C.jpeg

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Yeah,  I heard the desert is just " lovely"  this time of year.  It's a copout job.  Low pressure, low expectations, low talent level.  Guess after Green Bay doesn't  have much left in the "Belly".  That's ok, we move on.

My Packer fan friends (all two of them :P)  don't like McCarthy at all and both say the Jets would be best to steer clear.  No big deal at all.

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

My Packer fan friends (all two of them :P)  don't like McCarthy at all and both say the Jets would be best to steer clear.  No big deal at all.

They sound like my eagles fan friends who all trashed Andy Reid for years 

They sound like my eagles fan friends who all trashed Andy Reid for years 

Right. I have 3 eagles fan buds who would have said much worse about Reid when he was let go. They now really like guys from the Reid coaching tree.
Frustrated fans are not the most solid source of info.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd be relieved if he ends up elsewhere.  I get the feeling he'd cost a lot and want a long-term deal because he has such an "impressive resume".  To me though, the guy is still unproven though because his resume was built on the back of a HOF QB in his prime (who ultimately decided he wanted McCarthy out).

Lol. McCarthy built Rogers into what he is. You are kidding yourself if you think Rogers was HoF without McCarthys QB School. Rogers has even credited him with making him the Qb he is. McCarthy changed his throwing motion, corrected his footwork on drops and in the pocket, taught him how to load through his legs and made Rogers who was not a great deep ball passer into one of the best ever. Lol. 

Yeah you’re right- he’d cost a lot. But that’s where it ends. 

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. I have 3 eagles fan buds who would have said much worse about Reid when he was let go. They now really like guys from the Reid coaching tree.
Frustrated fans are not the most solid source of info.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Is there a more spoiled fanbase than the packers?  15 years of Favre and the next 15 years they have Rodgers 2 Super Bowls playoffs almost every year and they still complain 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Lol. McCarthy built Rogers into what he is. You are kidding yourself if you think Rogers was HoF without McCarthys QB School. Rogers has even credited him with making him the Qb he is. McCarthy changed his throwing motion, corrected his footwork on drops and in the pocket, taught him how to load through his legs and made Rogers who was not a great deep ball passer into one of the best ever. Lol. 

Yeah you’re right- he’d cost a lot. But that’s where it ends. 

If McCarthy wants to coach Rosen that tells you he sees something in him

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If McCarthy wants to coach Rosen that tells you he sees something in him

Rosen IMO will be fine. Cards are horrible and Rosen isn’t nearly as mobile as any of the first rd QBs this year that’s why he’s getting hit every other dropback. All the people calling him a bust need to give it a few seasons. I still think Sam,Rosen, and Mayfield are going to be good. 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Rosen IMO will be fine. Cards are horrible and Rosen isn’t nearly as mobile as any of the first rd QBs this year. All the people calling him a bust need to give it a few seasons. I still think Sam,Rosen, and Mayfield are going to be good. 

I agree.  Cardinals have no offensive line at all we have the 90’s cowboys OL compared to Arizona

Goff looked like a total deer in headlights his rookie year.  Rams signed Whitworth to play LT and now he’s the next Montana

I hope he goes somewhere else.  He is a boring and predictable dinosaur from the NFL coaching carousel.   No imagination.  Not willing to adapt.  

If a coach is going to be old-school, he needs to be better than McCarthy has shown in recent years. 

No thanks.

He might not be a good fit here especially PR wise. I mean we had Rex who was a PR dream for some (not for me). And Todd who is boring but not a nasty individual and respectful even to the press. Idzik didn’t last more because of his public relations failings than his failure as a GM. This is still New York and part of the job is being a communicator. 

Sounds like the NFL pendulum is swinging again.  Hot first-time head coaches out.....retreads getting popular again.  First timers like Bowles and Wilks are gonna be shown the door.  John Harbaugh and McCarthy seem to be in demand with Harbaugh potentially turning down an extension.  Who woulda thunk it???

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Sounds like the NFL pendulum is swinging again.  Hot first-time head coaches out.....retreads getting popular again.  First timers like Bowles and Wilks are gonna be shown the door.  John Harbaugh and McCarthy seem to be in demand with Harbaugh potentially turning down an extension.  Who woulda thunk it???

The reason is that getting coordinators to rise to HC’s are very touch and go. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

We will end up with Defilippo if Todd gets fired

I'd prefer Carmichael, Toub, or Riley but I wouldn't be against Defilippo, I still believe he got kinda thrown under the bus in minny... as long as he can help Sam become Great I'm in.

Archived