Chris Herndon- PFF's 5th highest graded TE (all year)

JoJoTownsell1

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

He is rated fifth by PFF among TEs with 50 targets or more. He is eighth on their overall TE grades that include TEs with under 50 targets.

Either way impressive for a rookie who was only a part timer for half the season

On 12/26/2018 at 10:14 AM, Creepy Lurker said:

I would love to see the breakdown of how they make these ratings. He has less receiving yards than  a lot of tight ends but still a really high rating. Is this due to putting  up good numbers with less snaps as they worked him into the offense? Is he better at blocking that we thought?

It’s really encouraging and I’m more hopeful than not that maybe he is a solid all-around TE and that’s helping propel him into the top 5 in regards to this rating. 

They break down every snap and have some person rate what he does on every snap a +2, +1, 0, -1, -2 I forget what each break down is but basically if they do their job they get a 0 or +1 if they fail they get a -1, if they are nearly totally at fault for the play its -2 IE interception run back, or failed block leads to a strip sack turnover. +2 is given for doing something above and beyond... like breaking multiple tackles for a first.

There is advanced grading for the situation such as catching a first down on  4th is worth more then a first... but it takes into account every snap and not just box score which makes it a better overall grade then typical box score statistics... Is it perfect... No but its some of the closest grading they have to actual play on the field versus what garbage time stats some junk player might rack up in a meaningless comeback etc.

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

They break down every snap and have some person rate what he does on every snap a +2, +1, 0, -1, -2 I forget what each break down is but basically if they do their job they get a 0 or +1 if they fail they get a -1, if they are nearly totally at fault for the play its -2 IE interception run back, or failed block leads to a strip sack turnover. +2 is given for doing something above and beyond... like breaking multiple tackles for a first.

There is advanced grading for the situation such as catching a first down on  4th is worth more then a first... but it takes into account every snap and not just box score which makes it a better overall grade then typical box score statistics... Is it perfect... No but its some of the closest grading they have to actual play on the field versus what garbage time stats some junk player might rack up in a meaningless comeback etc.

That’s good to know. Otherwise you get Blake Bortles garbage time stats and end up thinking that he’s a good QB. 

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, More Cowbell said:

It's really amazing how a thread about how our rookue TE is rated in the top 5 becamse a thread about Macs ability  to draft. I think we have a lot of the latter type all over the forum.

As for Herndon,  we can be looking at another Rivers to Gates type of connection here. I love that we have a legit threat at TE. 

It's always the same couple of guys who hijack every thread with the Macc stuff. It amazes me they're not as sick of posting about it as I am reading it. Remember when they said they'd keep it in the Fire Macc thread? How'd that work out? :spin:

20 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's always the same couple of guys who hijack every thread with the Macc stuff. It amazes me they're not as sick of posting about it as I am reading it. Remember when they said they'd keep it in the Fire Macc thread? How'd that work out? :spin:

Agreed dude.  

21 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Get a life. All you do is whine. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Get a life. All you do is whine. 

Said the clown who can't go 2 hours without whining about how bad Macc is. Who needs to get a life? The person who does that, or the one who's tired of seeing it in every thread? 

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Said the clown who can't go 2 hours without whining about how bad Macc is. Who needs to get a life? The person who does that, or the one who's tired of seeing it in every thread? 

Posters on the message board complain about the team. YOU insist on complaining about posters non stop and telling everyone what to do. Also, no need for personal attacks. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Posters on the message board complain about the team. YOU insist on complaining about posters non stop and telling everyone what to do. Also, no need for personal attacks. 

You do realise that ‘get a life, all you do is whine’ is a personal attack, right?

10 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

You do realise that ‘get a life, all you do is whine’ is a personal attack, right?

It’s not but you are right. I shouldn’t have said it but this particular poster is non stop complaining about me with his/her passive aggressive nonsense. I asked nicely to avoid each other but he/she is obsessed. It gets old. I’m minding my own business and it’s been constant since I’ve asked. 

18 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Did I hurt your feelings? I'd hate it if you took it that way, especially with all the nice things you say about me.. :rl: Keep spreading the sunshine Captain Queeg.

19 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s not but you are right. I shouldn’t have said it but this particular poster is non stop complaining about me with his/her passive aggressive nonsense. I asked nicely to avoid each other but he/she is obsessed. It gets old. I’m minding my own business and it’s been constant since I’ve asked. 

Show me where I mentioned your name in this thread before YOU started this back and forth just now?

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

You act like a traffic cop around here.  You don't set the rules bro.  This is an open message board.  Don't like the complaining?  Don't read.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Show me where I mentioned your name in this thread before YOU started this back and forth just now?

You keep indirectly mentioning me or referring to me. I’m not playing this game with you. Just wondering why you insisted on starting with me when we could have just went out separate ways?

I did my part and then you immediately started in. You have some bizarre issue or obsession. That’s fine. Do what you gotta do I guess. I’ll just mess with you since that’s what you prefer. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You act like a traffic cop around here.  You don't set the rules bro.  This is an open message board.  Don't like the complaining?  Don't read.

It’s so annoying. I try to be fair with everyone and he and one other poster are forever on my black list since they can’t read and are trouble makers. Im still new to the board overall but was voted captain and I’d like to think it’s because I’m fair in arguments and respect other posters even if I disagree.

All this guy does is troll. Changes stance on issues to try and fit it with people as he’s bizarrely mentioned “the cool crowd”. WTF is the cool crowd? Sure as sh*t ain’t me. Something up with this guy. Split personality or something bizarre going on. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Never saw that before haha. 

You MUST watch the entire movie.  It's fantastic.  And Fred MacMurry's character  turned out to be a real prick, which shocked me as a kid after watching all those years of My Three Sons.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Sorry BRO, but that goes both ways... but thanks for the heads up on how things work here.

Just now, Dcat said:

You MUST watch the entire movie.  It's fantastic.  And Fred MacMurry's character  turned out to be a real prick, which shocked me as a kid after watching all those years of My Three Sons.

I’ve been accumulating a bunch of old movies recently. I’ll get to it at some point. Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You keep indirectly mentioning me or referring to me. I’m not playing this game with you. Just wondering why you insisted on starting with me when we could have just went out separate ways?

I did my part and then you immediately started in. You have some bizarre issue or obsession. That’s fine. Do what you gotta do I guess. I’ll just mess with you since that’s what you prefer. 

You've really got to get over yourself, Queeg. I don't do passive aggressive, got that? if I had you in mind I would've tagged you. I didn't. You read my post and jumped in. 

Nobody mentioned you. Directly or indirectly. You sound like a jilted teenage girl.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

You've really got to get over yourself, Queeg. I don't do passive aggressive, got that? if I had you in mind I would've tagged you. I didn't. You read my post and jumped in. 

Nobody mentioned you. Directly or indirectly. You sound like a jilted teenage girl.

Then why didn’t you just ignore me and like we agreed? YOU did all this so at least own up to it. You are not accountable and have zero honor. 

Just a troll. This is why I didn’t want to have any more interaction with you and I stressed that. You just couldn’t help yourself. I see that it’s impossible for you to leave me alone and go annoy other posters so too bad if you don’t like what I have to say. YOU WANTED THIS. Trust me, I avoid people like you like the plague. Not worth wasting time on. 

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sorry BRO, but that goes both ways... but thanks for the heads up on how things work here.

Look, I am in rant mode the last 2 weeks.  Trust me, it will wear down soon enough... perhaps when Bowles is flushed.  For all the time and money devoted to this morbidly fascinating franchise, there comes a point in time where you pound your fist.  Give it a few weeks to wear off.  This is all adverse reaction to the stark reality that the Johnsons aren't firing Mac.  This is a phase, and frankly, this is what message boards are for... the airing of grievances.  It is Festivus season, isn't it?   it is also cathartic because neither I nor anyone else here would ever say these things to Bowles, Mac, Woody or Chris directly to their faces.  Courage under cover of the keyboard.  It's good for your sanity when you are powerless to change anything yourself.

Archived