2018 METLIFE Experience

NYJ37/12

We have two seats in section 232A, normally a great section of Jets fans. This year, well lets just say it was slightly different.

First home game against the Dolphins a drunk girl threw up all over my son and I, great experience. BTW, she is still sitting behind me even though she was removed from the stadium on a stretcher. You would think she would lose her privilege for at least the year.

Last game against the Packers an idiot decided to spray us all with beer, good times. Who also was allowed back to his seat after about one quarter. Can't make this stuff up.

In between that was just an assortment of crap that season ticket holders or any fan should have to deal with. From fans in your row getting up to purchase beer and use the bathroom no less than ten times a game ( I have the aisle seat), to the new "drunk" girl who sits behind me and wont shut up the entire game. 

Between the Jets sucking, the refs fixing these games and the fans just ruining an already bad day, I'm on the fence with going back.

I know there are more important things happening with the Jets, but I just wanted to share this.

1 hour ago, NYJ37/12 said:

We have two seats in section 232A, normally a great section of Jets fans. This year, well lets just say it was slightly different.

First home game against the Dolphins a drunk girl threw up all over my son and I, great experience. BTW, she is still sitting behind me even though she was removed from the stadium on a stretcher. You would think she would lose her privilege for at least the year.

Last game against the Packers an idiot decided to spray us all with beer, good times. Who also was allowed back to his seat after about one quarter. Can't make this stuff up.

In between that was just an assortment of crap that season ticket holders or any fan should have to deal with. From fans in your row getting up to purchase beer and use the bathroom no less than ten times a game ( I have the aisle seat), to the new "drunk" girl who sits behind me and wont shut up the entire game. 

Between the Jets sucking, the refs fixing these games and the fans just ruining an already bad day, I'm on the fence with going back.

I know there are more important things happening with the Jets, but I just wanted to share this.

Dude, If that girl is still sitting behind you, then make your pitch to the Jets to get you better seats (a few rows closer or one section over) at no cost.  They WILL do that for you when you threaten to leave because of her sitting behind you.  They don't want to lose you and they will bend over backwards to accommodate.  Give it a shot.

Very sorry to hear NYJ37/12 no fan especially those like you who is paying a PSL fees, tickets and parking should have to experience that. 

Some say the fans improved with PSL's I vehemently disagree. 

Agree you should hammer the NY Jets organization to make this situation right. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Very sorry to hear NYJ37/12 no fan especially those like you who is paying a PSL fees, tickets and parking should have to experience that. 

Some say the fans improved with PSL's I vehemently disagree. 

Agree you should hammer the NY Jets organization to make this situation right. 

Attendees got worse for the most part because so few of them are season ticket holders and so many are fans of other teams.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Dude, If that girl is still sitting behind you, then make your pitch to the Jets to get you better seats (a few rows closer or one section over) at no cost.  They WILL do that for you when you threaten to leave because of her sitting behind you.  They don't want to lose you and they will bend over backwards to accommodate.  Give it a shot.

In the process now, thanks.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Attendees got worse for the most part because so few of them are season ticket holders and so many are fans of other teams.

Agree and have seen it having many years pre-PSL experience I would welcome back the diehard Jets fans who were in the seats weekly win,lose,draw,opponent regardless of the weather or game time.

I had the aisle seat for the colts game. Family of 4 right next to us. The 7th time I had to get up in the first half I offered to switch seats lol 

Much better after that 

Coming in the front entrance headed up to the 3rd level I practically got lost, very poor signage 

Otherwise it was OK. 

4 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

In the process now, thanks.

Be very explicit about her vomitting on you and your son.  How old is he?  If he is a youngster, let them know how utterly disgusting and traumatic it was to have her vomit on him and that no fan should have to endure such an experience, particularly a child.  Pound your fists on this one man.  You can't lose.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Be very explicit about her vomitting on you and your son.  How old is he?  If he is a youngster, let them know how utterly disgusting and traumatic it was to have her vomit on him and that no fan should have to endure such an experience, particularly a child.  Pound your fists on this one man.  You can't lose.

Agree 110% this is no joke and play it up say your son is traumatized and may never want to attend another game with you again, maybe get field passes out of it. 

I have upper deck season tickets and the getting up 30 times a game for folks going to get more beer, food, going to the bathroom, etc... is almost intolerable.  Half of the stadium isn't paying attention to the game, and the other half are in and out of their seats.  Definitely takes away from the overall experience.  

The solution, however, is simple.  Put a good product on the field that will make people come to the games instead of unloading their tickets to the opposing team's fans and pay attention to the actual game when they're in the stadium. 

They need to start enforcing people going to/from  their seats during game play like they do at hockey arenas.

I don't know how many times this year , there were extended timeouts and no movement in our row, then the game starts up and you have multiple people wanting to get by. I've told some wait until after the play and they looked puzzled almost indignant.  There is no football "etiquette" anymore just a bunch of I do what I want  when I want entitlists.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

They need to start enforcing people going to/from  their seats during game play like they do at hockey arenas.

I don't know how many times this year , there were extended timeouts and no movement in our row, then the game starts up and you have multiple people wanting to get by. I've told some wait until after the play and they looked puzzled almost indignant.  There is no football "etiquette" anymore just a bunch of I do what I want  when I want entitlists.

You are 100% spot on.  I can remember kneeling on the concrete steps in my aisle waiting for the play to start and finish after returning from the bathroom or concessions.  Nobody does that anymore.  

Going to games this year sucked.  The weather (aside from the 100 degree Miami game) was good, but that's about it.  MetLife is just nothing but opposing fans and first-time football game attendees, and I can't tell which I hate more. That's just what happens when we suck.

Next year is going to be a whole lot worse too -- say hello to Giants, Cowboys and Steelers fans.

16 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

ext year is going to be a whole lot worse too -- say hello to Giants, Cowboys and Steelers fans.

Depends a new HC, signing some decent big name free agents and drafting well along with Sam Darnold's 2nd season could spur interest and bring back some of the diehards. 

4 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Well, nothing I can do about what goes on inside the stadium, although i can say that my section 123 seems pretty decent with regard to this issues. I do want to invite you to join the TailgateJoe party in the lot with your kid. I can promise at least your pregame experience will be great and make the overall gameday better. Plenty of my guests say each year that we are a huge reason why they continue to come to the game. Either way, i'd say wait at least one more year and see how the team shakes out with whatever changes this season, and get yourself transferred to another row.

In Germany, it used to be that if you got up from your seat at a biergarten, you lost it. So the men (women in those days were strictly servers) would carry a wooden stick with them and pee down it under the table into a pile of sawdust. Modern stadia should bring back this tradition. 

we use to have seats near the isle (a few seats in) and dealt with the crowd walking past us.  we moved down to row 1 and seat 12/13 and now basically nobody walks across us anymore - or stands up in front of us.  it's pretty good.  didn't even think about it - initially i wasn't interested in being in the middle of the row.  now i think it's great.

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's the Latin 2nd Declension Neuter Plural Ending. . . . just in case anyone was wondering if that was a typo. 

Ya I downloaded the “obnoxious internet dbag” language pack from the App Store and now my auto correct makes changes like that and defaults to British spelling all without any effort on my part. It’s my favourite.

6 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I am in canada not NY but these type of things are why i gave up my season tickets to the CFL games.  I come to watch football and cheer or my team.  Not drink till i puke, get into fights and ignore the game to check my apps.  I still love the football but all of the non football crap finally got to me.

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

we use to have seats near the isle (a few seats in) and dealt with the crowd walking past us.  we moved down to row 1 and seat 12/13 and now basically nobody walks across us anymore - or stands up in front of us.  it's pretty good.  didn't even think about it - initially i wasn't interested in being in the middle of the row.  now i think it's great.

So aisle seats are more overrated than Jamaal Adams. amirite?

Archived