New Helmet?

FlagmanL11

Just now, johnnysd said:

Im pretty convinced because of the One Jets drive video that we are moving to a Kelly/Lime Green and Blue Grey combo as the main colors, so this helmet might be in the ballpark of what we get though Eric Allen suggested it will be a completely new logo.

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!    I hope fans buy nothing of this new merchandise if its UGLY

On 12/26/2018 at 11:04 AM, FlagmanL11 said:

Just got this from the Jets today.  Gray helmet with that lighter brighter green logo. 

new helmet.jpg

This is not a new design - just a color scheme. The new uni's reportedly have a new design. Please ditch this logo - it's not very good and never was. Nostalgia does not make a logo good, concept and execution does. I've said this before, there is nothing in this logo that says New York or Jets graphically. You can substitute most teams type and it still works because they all play football. I'm hoping it's going to be a total redesign that works better for the team and starts to be associated with a winning tradition. Yes we won our only Super Bowl and the current logo should be brought out occasionally, but we need to start new like the Pats did.

On 12/26/2018 at 4:40 PM, joewilly12 said:

My guess is merchandise sales the last 4 years has been at an all-time low,couldn't be the product on the field so Woody's masterminds decided to change the color and the logo to boost sales. 

DON'T BUY IT 

I've been waiting for a new design for years (this is not it) - have no idea what took so long with all the losing we've done. New uni's, new coach and Sam Darnold - just what we need to turn this thing around.

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

I've been waiting for a new design for years (this is not it) - have no idea what took so long with all the losing we've done. New uni's, new coach and Sam Darnold - just what we need to turn this thing around.

I’m shocked woody the miser doesn’t change unis every couple seasons to juice sales

On 12/26/2018 at 1:30 PM, SpartanJet said:

The logo needs to go.  Its the worst part about the Jets uniforms. 

Guaranteed that logo is gone. That'll be the centerpiece of the major uniform overhaul we've been promised. 

On 12/26/2018 at 3:41 PM, Obrien2Toon said:

I like it, just bring back the JETS logo too

Don't think they're going there, either, but I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporate elements of it like isolating the jet-looking thingy off the J as a stand alone logo. Kinda like how the fish took the helmet off the fish on their hats. I expect a more streamlined look, even if they add a color. 

Archived