Justin Herbert

SheaRay

It looks like Herbert will stay in school next year.

As bad as Jet management is, take comfort in knowing their stadium mates are just as lame. The Giants always seem to get a pass with bad moves and picks.

I love Barkley but how they passed on taking a QB this year with an aging QB is beyond me.

They just set back their franchise a couple of years.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

He was likely the highest rated QB in the draft. Him not coming out makes it less likely someone is going to trade a bunch of picks to move up to take a QB. Which would have helped the Jets for sure. So, I care. 

I more or less took the subject matter as discussing the Giants QB situation. 

And with that, any hope of a trade down is pretty much dead.

I don’t see anyone giving away multiple picks to move up for Haskins or Lock. Hell, those guys may not even go in the Top 10.

I know a lot of the talk has been about Josh Allen, but if we’re picking at #2 or #3 and Bosa is already gone...Oliver or Q. Williams could very well be the pick.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What is the decalration deadline?  He could change his mind still, no?

Nah.  Once he declares he isn’t going to go back on it.  Technically he could, but I never thought Herbert was coming out to begin with.  He has been pretty consistent all year in saying he didn’t want to leave.  

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

And with that, any hope of a trade down is pretty much dead.

I don’t see anyone giving away multiple picks to move up for Haskins or Lock. Hell, those guys may not even go in the Top 10.

I know a lot of the talk has been about Josh Allen, but if we’re picking at #2 or #3 and Bosa is already gone...Oliver or Q. Williams could very well be the pick.

Isn’t it a supply and demand thing? There’s high demand for a qb from a few teams out there, and the supply is low (only one guy really now with Haskins). Would think our pick became more valuable if Haskins is taken with the first two picks.

11 minutes ago, peebag said:

It makes the top picks that much more valuable- increases the opportunity for the Jets to trade down with a QB hungry team

Exactly. It increases the opportunity since supply does not meet demand. And is the NFL draft’s life, QB’s always get drafted sooner than later and desperate teams will always reach for one.

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Nah.  Once he declares he isn’t going to go back on it.  Technically he could, but I never thought Herbert was coming out to begin with.  He has been pretty consistent all year in saying he didn’t want to leave.  

ok, thanks.  One less trade bait for anbother team moving up. Too bad

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Isn’t it a supply and demand thing? There’s high demand for a qb from a few teams out there, and the supply is low (only one guy really now with Haskins). Would think our pick became more valuable if Haskins is taken with the first two picks.

It’s always possible, but I doubt it.

I think many around the league have started to learn that you don’t put all of your eggs into the Blake Bortles/Christian Ponder/Jake Locker/EJ Manuel basket just because you have a major need at QB.

In all likelihood, the Jets are going to be stuck picking in the Top 3 with not one, but two bluechip interior DL slated to go right in that area.

God help me

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You mean is Haskins isnt' taken before our pick, right?  Because, assuming he is the only top-10 pick worthy QB, and he's still available when Jets pick, that pick becomes more valuable to a QB desperate team.  

The good news is there's a fair amount of teams who will be in the QB market next year. Of course not all will have the appetite to trade up relative to immediate need and player quality. Teddy Bridgewater will be heading to one. Some of the teams looking at QB in 2019. Am I missing one?

Raiders

Jags

Washington

Tampa

Giants

Denver

Pats

I’m also not sure why so many are convinced that the Raiders are moving on from Carr.

He started off playing like sh*t but he’s been pretty damn solid for the last couple months. Hasn’t thrown a pick since the beginning of October.

Gruden knows damn well how hard it is to find a quality, young starting QB in this league.

12 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Who is trading up to get him? No one in the top 4 or 5 need a QB. 

Raiders do.  If we stay ahead of them, they might move up to prevent another team from doing so.  They certainly have plenty of picks to be able to afford a move like that. 

Giants at 6, Bucs at 7/8, and Jaguars at 9 are options too.  Moving down a few slots and picking up a 2nd rounder and maybe more would be fantastic. 

30 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If Herbert comes out, it increases the value of our pick in a possible trade down.  That's the only reason I care. 

Nobody is coming up to 3 or 4 for a QB 

Herbert was mocked to the patriots at pick 27 or something this morning 

19 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I can still see Haskins going #1 overall 

So you see someone trading with the Cardinals?  Possibly.  The main reason to do that would be to make sure another team doesn't do so, since the 49ers at 2 don't need a QB.  

And the smart thing for the team trading up would be to do that prior to the draft.   I could see the Raiders doing that, since they have the most picks to offer in a package, by far. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Raiders do.  If we stay ahead of them, they might move up to prevent another team from doing so.  They certainly have plenty of picks to be able to afford a move like that. 

Giants at 6, Bucs at 7/8, and Jaguars at 9 are options too.  Moving down a few slots and picking up a 2nd rounder and maybe more would be fantastic. 

I can’t see the Giants or Tampa trading up to take a QB now.  Not in this draft class.   They can keep Manning and Winston for another year and re-evaluate next year when you have a much better class.  

Archived