Justin Herbert

SheaRay

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

2018 was the year to get a QB.

2019 looks like the year to get a good Edge rusher.

Say what you will about Macc, he does seem to have the Jets lined up for positions of strength in these recent draft classes.

Being lined up with high draft picks is the opposite of what you want

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

2018 was the year to get a QB.

2019 looks like the year to get a good Edge rusher.

Say what you will about Macc, he does seem to have the Jets lined up for positions of strength in these recent draft classes.

I remember talking before last’s year draft and saying that eventually the Jets are due to have a draft go their way.  For so many years the Jets draft slot has never matched up with their real needs.  This year fell perfectly for them, at least the first round and next year looks to be loaded with another major need and a high pick.  You could theoretically get your franchise QB and franchise pass rusher in consecutive drafts.  That’s not too bad.  

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Being lined up with high draft picks is the opposite of what you want

Agree 100%.  I'm just saying that if you plan your needs around the talent you expect to be available then that's a good thing.  Perfect example was Macc targeting the 2018 Draft for a QB.  And, if the Jets see a potentially deep pass rush group in the Draft this year as well as few decent FAs that will be available (Dee Ford, Fowler, etc.) then maybe that's why they didn't push all their chips to the middle of the table for Kahlil Mack this past September.

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I remember talking before last’s year draft and saying that eventually the Jets are due to have a draft go their way.  For so many years the Jets draft slot has never matched up with their real needs.  This year fell perfectly for them, at least the first round and next year looks to be loaded with another major need and a high pick.  You could theoretically get your franchise QB and franchise pass rusher in consecutive drafts.  That’s not too bad.  

Let's pray that you're right!

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

True but then not picking again until round 3 means not adding an explosive playmaker or blue chip OL to the roster at all. Personally I think edge rusher is our greatest need so would be thrilled to get a difference maker like Bosa or Allen but a trade down for extra picks, possibly still getting an edge guy AND a top offensive player or two would make for an exciting 2019

Archived