Todd Bowles defensive coordinator - Part II

TheNuuFaaolaExperience

If/when Todd Bowles gets fired, does he resurface as a defensive coordinator? Does he take the DC job if Arians takes the Browns head coaching job? Do you think Bowles eventually becomes the Browns HC when Arians retires again in three/four years?

I like Bowles as a person, and want to see him do well somewhere else, with the exception of when we play the Browns in the AFC championship game in two years. 

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If/when Todd Bowles gets fired, does he resurface as a defensive coordinator? Does he take the DC job if Arians takes the Browns head coaching job? Do you think Bowles eventually becomes the Browns HC when Arians retires again in three/four years?

I like Bowles as a person, and want to see him do well somewhere else, with the exception of when we play the Browns in the AFC championship game in two years. 

Based on how good his defense looked last Sunday after BUILDING it for 4 seasons that would have to be a huge NO WAY!

12 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I hope the Pats hire him.

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Based on how good his defense looked last Sunday after BUILDING it for 4 seasons that would have to be a huge NO WAY!

There is no question that he is way over his head with being a head coach, but he did win Assistant of Year as a DC. There are some awful head coaches who  find success as coordinators. 

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

There is no question that he is way over his head with being a head coach, but he did win Assistant of Year as a DC. There are some awful head coaches who  find success as coordinators. 

Your right about that, remember Brian Billick? Won a Super Bowl because of his defense, came in as an offensive genius yet his offense stank in Baltimore. 

But, he did have Dilfer as his QB, Bowles has gotten a boatload of assets to try & build his defense, which still STINKS after 4 years now.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Your right about that, remember Brian Billick? Won a Super Bowl because of his defense, came in as an offensive genius yet his offense stank in Baltimore. 

But, he did have Dilfer as his QB, Bowles has gotten a boatload of assets to try & build his defense, which still STINKS after 4 years now.

We agree that Bowles is not a good HC, but he has a good track record at being a defensive coordinator and secondary coach. He had Kacy Rodgers running his defense.

His time as a Jets HC has been nothing less than a disaster. No disagreements here. 

36 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

A better question : At this point does anyone care as long as he's out of here ?

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Todd will have a job as a DC as soon as he wants it because the league is a cess pool of incentual Brotherhood. 

Many great coordinators BOMBED as HCs. 

Jim Schwartz is considered one of the best DCs in the league but when he got his shot as a HC his defenses  in Detroit weren't that good. Schwartz had no trouble finding another job as a DC and won a SB as a DC a couple of years later. 

Just now, Thai Jet said:

A better question : At this point does anyone care as long as he's out of here ?

As an empathetic human being, I care. Todd Bowles is not a good HC, but he seems like a really good guy. Bruce Arians couldn't say enough nice things about him, and even thought he'd be an assistant under Bowles. 

I dont believe this Jets defense is his defense, I think his blind loyalty to Kacy Rogers has caused a lot of our defensive problems.  

Bowles has switched OCs 3 times, and yet Rogers gets early round picks, FA money, and produces nothing with no ramifications.  Its crazy, especially when it seems as if the defense played better the few games Rogers was going through his health scare.

7 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I dont believe this Jets defense is his defense, I think his blind loyalty to Kacy Rogers has caused a lot of our defensive problems.  

Bowles has switched OCs 3 times, and yet Rogers gets early round picks, FA money, and produces nothing with no ramifications.  Its crazy, especially when it seems as if the defense played better the few games Rogers was going through his health scare.

If that's the case then he's even a bigger moron then we think.

He will get a shot as DC and he should. The big chair was too big for him as it is for many. Imagine if tomorrow you were promoted to CEO of your company. You might be a great manager/engineer/developer/whatever but the big chair would swallow 99% of us. Not an indictment just what it is. Bowles will again be a good DC in the league and there is no shame in that.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

He will get a shot as DC and he should. The big chair was too big for him as it is for many. Imagine if tomorrow you were promoted to CEO of your company. You might be a great manager/engineer/developer/whatever but the big chair would swallow 99% of us. Not an indictment just what it is. Bowles will again be a good DC in the league and there is no shame in that.

To be honest , I'm not even sure if he's really that good of a DC.  The Cardinals had an awful lot of young talent on their D. Bowles may struggle to find a gig next year, if he does good for him ,as long as he's far away from the Jets I really don't care.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

To be honest , I'm not even sure if he's really that good of a DC.  The Cardinals had an awful lot of young talent on their D. Bowles may struggle to find a gig next year, if he does good for him ,as long as he's far away from the Jets I really don't care.

You may be right I didn’t follow ARI closely in his final year but the jets D did look like a different squad in a good way during kacy’s two game absence

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

All other teams are my enemies.  So it would please me no end if TB became a hed coach of one of them

Bowles hasn't been the DC here except for a handful of games. Bowles is a hyper aggressive DC and we have seen a completely different defense here 

Yes he is involved in the game plan and hears the calls in his headset but he is not the DC 

He would have his choice of jobs as a DC if he is let go 

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

I think it is totally his, and Kacy is his man Friday

I’m not a Greg Williams fan but he deserves that job. But if Arians gets it you’d think Todd will be his DC. To me Todd doesn’t prepare a good game plan on defense but he’d be.a good Asst HC and I guess DB coach. I can see Todd getting a chance in NCAAF as a head coach too if any jobs still remaining. 

For those of you who want to lay this "PISS POOR" excuse of a defense at the feet of  Kacy Rodgers,  GET REAL.  Kacy Rodgers is a Todd Bowles creation:  Trained by Bowles, Groomed by Bowles, Hired by Bowles, Supported by Bowles, and Confirmed by Bowles.  They are one in the same.  Indivisible and non-distinguishable. Both lame in their own right.

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I find it hard to believe Cleveland would jettison Greg Williams after the job he's done there but stranger things have happened.

I believe BA has said he would consider keeping williams as DC if he got the head coaching job, but I’m just guessing he would want bowles since he’s been “his guy” before but who knows. I could see a team like tampa or jax making an offer to williams too

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

For those of you who want to lay this "PISS POOR" excuse of a defense at the feet of  Kacy Rodgers,  GET REAL.  Kacy Rodgers is a Todd Bowles creation:  Trained by Bowles, Groomed by Bowles, Hired by Bowles, Supported by Bowles, and Confirmed by Bowles.  They are one in the same.  Indivisible and non-distinguishable. Both lame in their own right.

Nonsense 

If you can't tell the difference between the cards defense,with Bowles the Rodgers defense and when Bowles called the defense when Rodgers was ill you should not be butt fumbling anyone lol

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

Nonsense 

If you can't tell the difference between the cards defense,with Bowles the Rodgers defense and when Bowles called the defense when Rodgers was ill you should not be butt fumbling anyone lol

So you're saying that  Bowles has allowed the inept, hapless Kacy Rodgers to sabotage his tenure as the Head Coach for FOUR YEARS because he is such a nice guy.  He is going to lose his job shortly ,due largely in part to, the  pathetic Defense that this team has fielded during his time in NY.  Yet he failed to change his DC before this, because he is such a loyal trusting friend.  What a guy.  What a crock lol.  P.S.  Wondered if you've noticed that Mr. Todd has sporadically taken the clipboard/playcalling on occasion since Rodgers has returned with stunningly similar results.  I don't take offense when people "Butt-fumble" me, shouldn't be so  thin skinned.  It's just an opinion,  Loved  the Defense Bowels ran in Arizona, thought  that was what we were getting here...Apparently  NOT. Regards.

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So you're saying that  Bowles has allowed the inept, hapless Kacy Rodgers to sabotage his tenure as the Head Coach for FOUR YEARS because he is such a nice guy.  He is going to lose his job shortly ,due largely in part to, the  pathetic Defense that this team has fielded during his time in NY.  Yet he failed to change his DC before this, because he is such a loyal trusting friend.  What a guy.  What a crock lol.  P.S.  Wondered if you've noticed that Mr. Todd has sporadically taken the clipboard/playcalling on occasion since Rodgers has returned with stunningly similar results.  I don't take offense when people "Butt-fumble" me, shouldn't be so  thin skinned.  It's just an opinion,  Loved  the Defense Bowels ran in Arizona, thought  that was what we were getting here...Apparently  NOT.

Read the last sentence of your post 3 times and try again lol

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

I don't know why this is so hard for jets fans to see. 

All coaches want to advance. The only way to advance is to be given a chance and then to succeed 

Bowles let Rodgers coordinate and call the defense to give him the opportunity to show the league what he can do 

There were times you could see Bowles take over, but he is loyal to a fault not only with his staff but with the players as well 

Once you were one of his starter, you were the starter 

Did he ever bench a player? How long did it take to move long? 

That's going to be a big part of his legacy if he gets fired, he was too loyal 

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

I don't know, this argument seems simplistic.

Not at all to support Rogers, but he's also LOST two DEs--Richardson and Wilkerson--Lee, too, if you count suspension, which constitute the bulk [no pun intended] of these "early round picks". His free agents include "the player formerly known as Revis" and Buster "I give up as many as I defend" Skrine. This doesn't seem like he was given dominant free agents to work with.

That said, he wouldn't know how to scheme his way out of a 4th and 22. So, he's not the answer.

Archived