Trumaine Johnson is a "mystery"-Connor Hughes

Bugg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i rememebr in PS thinking...   WTF this guys is playing 12-15 yds off his guy...

that i had no idea who is is, is about right...   

no way he sholda been paid and i dont GAF who rated him whatever

That’s a Bowles issue

Last year, Johnson graded as one of the best press corners in the league and was mediocre when playing off.

So what does Bowles have him do? Constantly play 10+ yards off the LoS, of course.

He showed up, realized quickly that you dont have to be accountable playing for Bowltite and just mailed it in.

I dont blame him.  If I came to work everyday and my boss didnt require me to be accountable for anything I wouldnt do sh!t all day either.

Get a coach in here that the players respect snd will hold them accountable and this wont happen.

That’s a Bowles issue
Last year, Johnson graded as one of the best press corners in the league and was mediocre when playing off.
So what does Bowles have him do? Constantly play 10+ yards off the LoS, of course.
I must be missing something about why he isn't playing press. It can't be some simple answer right?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, BigO said:

Can we get away from his contract? If not what are the repercussions if we cut him? He’s an absolute stiff. More proof as to why Mac must GO!

Ha! 24,000,000 million cap hit if we cut him after one season. 12 mill hit if we cut after next season. He will be here for 2 more years at least!

30 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

That’s a Bowles issue

Exactly. Moreover, Tru Johnson is a signing that had Bowles' fingertips all over it. He fits the Bowles model of long armed CBs that play press (even though he now doesn't). Johnson also came highly recommended from the secondary coach, Dennard Wilson (who previously coached Johnson in LA). 

9 minutes ago, BigO said:

Can we get away from his contract? If not what are the repercussions if we cut him? He’s an absolute stiff. More proof as to why Mac must GO!

Pretty much stuck with him for two more years the way its structured.

Heard an interview with him on the Adam Schefter podcast this summer and he sounded like a guy who was ready to cash out. It was interesting to hear his mom still works and he came from humble a upbringing, but he knew nothing about the Jets. 

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He showed up, realized quickly that you dont have to be accountable playing for Bowltite and just mailed it in.

I dont blame him.  If I came to work everyday and my boss didnt require me to be accountable for anything I wouldnt do sh!t all day either.

Get a coach in here that the players respect snd will hold them accountable and this wont happen.

Sheldumb, Mo-ron, and now Fauxmaine. Common denominator? All went from high level players to flea-ridden mutts under Bowles. Let’s see what next year brings before we write him off.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

We'll see indeed....

Void this waste product's contract forthwith. 

Think he was late for practice/team activity. 

Someone who's lamer than me and has an instagram account can look up Tru there -- Jamal called him out on the post for being late while that picture was being taken. 

i rememebr in PS thinking...   WTF this guys is playing 12-15 yds off his guy...

that i had no idea who is is, is about right...   

no way he sholda been paid and i dont GAF who rated him whatever

That’s a Bowles issue

I must be missing something about why he isn't playing press. It can't be some simple answer right?

The answer is simple. The Rams can generate a pass rush. We can’t. Press coverage does nothing for you when the QB has all day to throw.

Not a Bowles problem. It’s a personnel problem and poor talent evaluation. Both of which point directly to the GM.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

If I were that bum... I wouldn't be able to face my teammates after watching the game films either.

He has been a complete and total disgrace since the Cleveland game.

RF ahead of the curve..  ;)

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/139919-trumaine-johnson-was-a-disgrace-last-night/

He can’t deal that he cost his team the game.  

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He can’t deal that he cost his team the game.  

All players make mistakes.  It is his lack of effort that is infuriating.  

The Jets have made it a habit in recent seasons to have their highest paid player give the least amount of effort.

6 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Bowles prefers to use exotic blitz packages to put the QB under heavy duress, and he mixes it with "complex" zone looks to force the QB into turning the ball over.

The big problem is, this idea sucks, we don't generate any pressure, the zone looks are far from "complex", and this, in turn, results in short passes going for 7-8 yards a toss, not turnovers. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The answer is simple. The Rams can generate a pass rush. We can’t. Press coverage does nothing for you when the QB has all day to throw.

Not a Bowles problem. It’s a personnel problem and poor talent evaluation. Both of which point directly to the GM.

So the GM signs the best available FA corner , the HC totally misuses him and its the GM's fault - um ok 

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Bowles prefers to use exotic blitz packages to put the QB under heavy duress, and he mixes it with "complex" zone looks to force the QB into turning the ball over.

The big problem is, this idea sucks, we don't generate any pressure, the zone looks are far from "complex", and this results in short passes going for 7-8 yards a toss.  

Johnson gets burned way too much for a guy who plays 10 yards off his man and just needs to turn and run.  

It would be amazingly ironic if the macc and Bowles bench tru for being late to a meeting in what could be their last game after letting sheldumb slide after getting suspended, telling the media that we will never see his name in the paper again AFTER getting arrested and not telling the team about it so they found out from...... The media 

34 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The big problem is, this idea sucks, we don't generate any pressure, the zone looks are far from "complex", and this results in short passes going for 7-8 yards a toss.  

not to mention tht he does not have talented blitzers on his roster.

Thanks. His ideas do suck.

"In house matter"  I'd like to punch bowels in the throat.  no he is not a 'good man' he is the worst coach this team has ever seen including kotite.

As for "Tru" The team should put this a$$hole up against a locker and kick his ass.  old school.

We pay these guys millions and they are a disagrace.

Mac should be fired with bowles he has spent gob of money on morons.

Archived