Trumaine Johnson is a "mystery"-Connor Hughes

Bugg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BigO said:

Can we get away from his contract? If not what are the repercussions if we cut him? He’s an absolute stiff. More proof as to why Mac must GO!

Let him have a real coach before we pass judgement.  Bowles is horrible!  He has no credibility with players.  Players want to succeed, but Bowles is putting them in a position where they can't.  What a dysfunctional disgrace!!!

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

56Mehl  at the end of the day pretty well every single big money signing the jets have had has laid a huge egg and been one of the worst players on the team.  Like it or not that hangs on the gms neck as it should.

Bowles should be on the 1st train out of NY, Mac should be on the 2nd train out of NY.

Again my sticking point is - these players were good on other teams. How did their coaching staff get them to perform so that they were highly sought after FA's . It can't simply be that all these guys got paid and became dogs . The point of the matter is that no matter how talented a player is , he'll look like a bust if he's played in a system not conducive to his style . How many times do we see Bowles force his system on a player , instead of maybe just once altering his system to fit the skill of the player.

Bottom line Bowles needed to go two years ago, he's retarded any growth some of our young players could have gained. Now do I agree with all of Mac's moves certainly not and I know there's blame in both places.  But if I look at other teams I see that's a common sentiment among fan bases. Hell just in this town the Yankee fan base kills their GM regularly for not being able to buy another World Series. No GM is hitting on winners all the time, its just not possible. Would I be upset if Mac is fired not terribly, but there is a reason I believe he now needs to stay. 

In a week there are going to multiple HC vacancies ,teams are going to be ready to strike to find the few quality HC's that are available. If we also fire Mac , I'm afraid we'll get pushed to the back of that line as timing will become crucial.  If I felt the Johnson's had both a GM candidate and HC candiates lined up I  might be ok with firing both - but nothing this ownership has ever done makes me feel comfortable that is the current situation.

Archived