Miami to move on from Tannehill

Rhg1084

Even tho he never panned out to what they hoped I feel like he always killed the jets with his arm and running around too. Add another team to the list who will need a new qb. I could see him getting another starting QB gig in the league and actually think he’d be a nice fit for Giants. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Even tho he never panned out to what they hoped I feel like he always killed the jets with his arm and running around too. Add another team to the list who will need a new qb. I could see him getting another starting QB gig in the league and actually think he’d be a nice fit for Giants. 

I don't know why, but I see Joe Flacco on the Giants next year.

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Our old friend Mr. T has apparently worn out his welcome also as Miami will be going through a complete overhaul this offseason. Wonder if Gase survives, he had that team winning games this year despite the horrendous talent they put out on the field.

4 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Long time coming.  Never a quality starter again or ever.  Worse than Eli,  Lots of People have killed the Jets included the recently unemployed, not a great achievement.

yeah Hackenberg is the #1 Jet killer ad he is not in football

16 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Shlt..... even Tebow killed the Jets. As a Bronco and a Jet. 

49 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

And it’s the smartest move for them. With multiple QB prospects coming next year you don’t necessarily need to end up with the first pick. 

But as we learned this past year, you really do want one of the top picks.  The two best QBs in Mayfield and Darnold were gone by 3.  The jury is still out on Rosen and Allen, but I feel fortunate that the Jets were able to get one of the top guys from that group of 4 (5 including Lamar).

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
 3h3 hours ago
More

Dolphins “All But Certain” To Fire VP Mike Tannenbaum http://bit.ly/2QRPoq7  #Dolphins

DvYPu1yUwAAJuiQ.jpg

Sign this beast. 

In all seriousness tho... JK about signing him, but for all his flaws, you could argue that the Jets had more talent in the Tanny days than they have under Idzik and Macc

Starting QB price tag is getting too high for some of these middle of the road guys who show enough to be possible FQB but just not there - Dalton could be next, Winston is there, Mariota is close...

like Fitz or Uncle Josh - they need to be signed to backup money and played as needed - only the Jets announce them as starters and waste cap space

3 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Starting QB price tag is getting too high for some of these middle of the road guys who show enough to be possible FQB but just not there - Dalton could be next, Winston is there, Mariota is close...

like Fitz or Uncle Josh - they need to be signed to backup money and played as needed - only the Jets announce them as starters and waste cap space

What’s interesting is that we will see more of these type of players move on to other teams. At least a few will pan out and surprise on their new team.

Things should be interesting for QBs in about 2 years. It’ll look very different between player movement, young QBs drafted from 2016-2020 and retirement of the long time starters/stars (Brady, Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Manning).

Chris Johnson better be putting together a plan of action to get an experienced Head Coach in here with ties to multiple coordinators to pick from who would be excited to work with Darnold & turn this defense around. 

The entire AFC East is up in the air, Brady is showing cracks & turns 42, Gronk & Edelman are beat up, and their defense is mediocre. 

The Bills have an inaccurate QB that can run around, good DCs can contain a guy like that. 

Now Miami looks like they will be blowing it up. Funny how Gase owns Bowles, that in itself should have pissed off Chris Johnson. B4 Brady, the Dolphins are the most hated team in Jet fandom & watching Bowles get out coached by Gase every year has not been fun.

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I'm not sure Tannehill ever had a good game against us, he had some games w/ good #s but he was never the reason they beat us.

I wish Miami would sign him to a 5 year contract extension along w/ the giants signing Eli to a new deal.

Archived