Natahan Shepard another 3rd round bust for Maccagnan

Jetsbb

On 12/27/2018 at 7:09 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s 25.

And you’re talking about him like he’s a 6th rounder. He was our 2nd pick in the same draft as a QB.

The plan should have been to take OL or WR there. So if we’re gonna have the audacity to take yet another DT, then no, “giving him time” was never gonna be acceptable.

Get ready for ANOTHER D lineman at pick 3 in 2019 hahaha.  And no he won’t be able to get to the QB, just like Williams.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drafting a DL in the third round this year was just plain stupid. Just like it was stupid to draft a safety in the second round in 2017. We had just drafted Darnold in the first, leaving us out of the second round. A smart GM would have realized that with a young QB, and with the Jets history of neglecting the offensive in drafts over the past decade, that you had to start stocking up on offensive talent in that third round. I don't care what position -- OL, WR, RB -- but it had to be one of those positions. Instead, Macc picks an older, small-school guy. It's like he intentionally tried to be different out of a desire to prove he's smarter than everyone else. That smells of insecurity. 

On 12/27/2018 at 10:41 PM, jetscrazey said:

I think it's safe to say at this point drafting in the early rounds is the worst aspect of having Maccagnan as GM.  Especially rounds 2-3.

Isn’t drafting part of the GM job description?  I don’t expect Maccagnan to hit every pick, but to at least have a reasonable hit rate.  His is so bad you couldn’t do it if you tried.  So then you move on to free agency.  He has money doled out to some of the worst personalities imaginable, Wilkerson (they knew he was a “bad egg”  BEFORE giving him the money) Revis, now this Trumane Johnson.  Maccagnan is so bad it’s almost where you question, “Is the guy f**kin with the fan bases head?, is he doing this on purpose?”

if I saw Maccagnan driving a taxi cab...I wouldn’t get in hahaha.

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Drafting a DL in the third round this year was just plain stupid. Just like it was stupid to draft a safety in the second round in 2017. We had just drafted Darnold in the first, leaving us out of the second round. A smart GM would have realized that with a young QB, and with the Jets history of neglecting the offensive in drafts over the past decade, that you had to start stocking up on offensive talent in that third round. I don't care what position -- OL, WR, RB -- but it had to be one of those positions. Instead, Macc picks an older, small-school guy. It's like he intentionally tried to be different out of a desire to prove he's smarter than everyone else. That smells of insecurity. 

You’re right.

The Hackenberg pick too.  But it was calculated.  “I hit I look like an absolute genius, I whiff I explain it away as “oh well it was only a 2nd Rd pick not a 1st, look at all the 1st Rd QB picks Elway whiffed on, I didn’t do that”...and true to form he pretty much did say that.  He made about 100,000 people who go to Penn St games and had seen every Hackenberg snap fall over in their chairs laughing in unison when the pick was made....but he saw more with his coke bottle glasses.

Archived