Laquon Treadwell (Possible WR option for Sam)

NYDreamer

43 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Am I the only person here who thinks we might have something in Deontay Burnett? He's younger then Darnold,, but as advertised, catches everything near him. That catch he made Sunday was crazy. If it was inbounds it would've been the catch of the year.

Really happy we have Burnett and I have to be honest that play last week in the back of the end zone that was out of bounds was great.  A full offseason on our team should be helpful.

9 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Absolutely not.

I'd be willing to give Kevin White a chance here before thinking about Laquon.  And I don't think I really want White.

I truly think this WR corp is a decent cast when healthy.  We just need that bonafide #1 elite playmaker WR.  Obviously we wont be finding that in FA, but maybe we will hit on one in the draft.

I'm hoping we bring back Quincy and Robby.  Kearse i'm fine either way.

No... Kearse needs to go

8 hours ago, bigalbarracuda said:

While I would looooove to have Green or Evans I would really hate to give up a high 1 and then not have a pick until the 3rd. I'm basing this off of Amari Cooper netting a mid-late 1st.

My strong preference is to trade down in the first that nets us a mid-1 and a 2nd rounder -- use the 1-2-3-3 for OL, WR, Passrusher, RB in whatever order where the value is maximized.

Agree with both points...

I wouldn't trade a #1 for those guys given that it will likely be a Top 3 pick.  If the Jets were picking around 15-20 then it might be more acceptable.

I also want to trade down in the 1st to net a 2nd rounder.  With all the Jets' needs (Edge rusher, OT, WR) there would be no problem finding a player who could help this team if they traded down to the 7-12 range.

But back to AJ Green for a second.  I'm not sure it will take a #1 pick.  Maybe it will but he's got a bloated contract and is an aging guy coming off an injury.  Wouldn't mind seeing the Jets trade down from say #3 to #8 and get a 2nd round pick in return, then take an OT or pass rusher at #8 and swing the 2nd round pick for AJ.

17 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/27/laquon-treadwell-hoping-deactivation-was-a-one-time-occurrence-with-vikings/

I have seen and heard over the last couple of weeks, possible trades for Wr Mike Evans from Tampa (Would cost significant Draft capital) or A.J. Green from the Bengals to come play in NY.  What about former first round pick Laquon Treadwell from the Vikings.  Could be similar to Amari Cooper just needing a fresh start and could come cheaper than the other 2 names with maybe a third round pick.  From this article, it looks like he may be available.

I certainly wouldn't give up AQNY draft pick for him. Classic underachiever. He will NOT be on Minny's roster next year.

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Agree with both points...

I wouldn't trade a #1 for those guys given that it will likely be a Top 3 pick.  If the Jets were picking around 15-20 then it might be more acceptable.

I also want to trade down in the 1st to net a 2nd rounder.  With all the Jets' needs (Edge rusher, OT, WR) there would no problem finding a player who could help this team if they traded down to the 7-12 range.

But back to AJ Green for a second.  I'm not sure it will take a #1 pick.  Maybe it will but he's got a bloated contract and is an aging guy coming off an injury.  Wouldn't mind seeing the Jets trade down from say #3 to #8 and get a 2nd round pick in return, then take an OT or pass rusher at #8 and swing the 2nd round pick for AJ.

Just saw that Green turns 31 in July... so def not a first rounder. A 2nd I would consider but it would be a one-year rental as he's an UFA in 2020.

I could see a trade down with:

• Jags (need a QB and could want to leapfrog Raiders and Giants)
  • Falcons (could fall in love with a defensive player like they did with Julio)
  • Panthers (their window is now with Cam and Kuechly), or
  • Redskins (Currently at #16 but need a QB so multiple picks or a 2020 1st could be in play).

The more I think about it the more I'd prefer using a 2nd on a Harry, Arcega-Whiteside, Metcalf, Claypool, or Johnson.

14 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Treadwell has been total poop in Minnesota.

If we want to take a chance on a big bodied wideout, then go after Devante Parker if Miami lets him go.

Hes a pussy. He doesn't just not play hurt, he doesn't play sore. Or mildly tired. He doesn't fight for contested balls and displays zero toughness. Seriously, the media down here now makes jokes about what trivial injury will put him on the Injury report.   No thanks. 

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I wouldn’t mind signing Funches but just as depth

6'4 1/2 230 lb'er with "ok" speed and a great catch radius and vert. Thats played with an inaccurate, inconsistent passer. 

Ok numbers, NOT a #1 obviously, but a huge target and good posession receiver. 

If we can't get a trade done for AJ or Evans, then signing Funchess and still drafting a receiver would be ok.

KELVIN HARMON, NC STATE. (Michael Thomas clone)

Funchess opposite Robby makes sense, with Enunwa back for slot and a rookie (HARMON) in the mix (along with Herndon) would be a good start and a huge upgrade over Kearse/Pryor/Roberts

Oh, Kelvin Harmon:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/23/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-kelvin-harmon/

http://www.draftblaster.com/2019-nfl-draft-blog/kelvin-harmon-wr-north-carolina-state/

Archived