Rhg1084

Jets job is the most desired job this offseason

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And yeah, it's subjective. How can it not be?  

I mean, if it were a person who is well-connected and has actual contacts within the league, that would make a list like this far less subjective. 

Anyone can just create their own criteria and make a list.  It's nice that this Chad guy thinks so highly of the Jets' job, but history has suggested it's been far from a desirable job.  High profile coaches haven't even given the Jets an interview when the job has opened up previously.  We've been forced to hire first-time HC's every single time.  Herm Edwards hadn't even been a Coordinator before. 

Darnold makes a big difference, so that's a positive change since the last time the HC position opened up.  And I guess the Patriots' finally starting to spiral downward helps too.  But otherwise....what else has changed?  Is that enough to make us the # 1 job among many different openings?  The Packers are not in amazing shape right now, but they still have a tremendous pedigree, ownership structure and history. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My biggest concern is your face scaring away good coaches.

Him always asking for action shots doesn't help either. 

• Upvote 1

So, the term "the mistake by the lake" no longer applies.  How come Cleveland has all of a sudden become a "destination" spot.  Just don't get it.  Considering all the warts associated with the Jets' job it IS still New York,  and we do have the "DARNOLD"

That’s what solid drafting does for you.

Myles Garrett, Mayfield, Denzel Ward, Njoku. That’s a tremendous core of homegrown players.

While Jets fans were busy making fun of the Browns, they lapped us with their decision-making as a franchise.
  • Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company