Rhg1084

Jets job is the most desired job this offseason

14 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Ehh, I disagree. I think the Browns are #1. They are in a similar situation to us in regards to having that young franchise QB but they have a lot more talent on the roster outside of the QB & a ton of draft capital coming up. 

I'd put the Jets #2, Packers #3 (Rodgers) & then Ravens #4. The rest aren't nearly as desirable as the top 4. 

I'd imagine the argument, from the perspective of any of the "top" / veteran candidates would be that Maccagnan will be much easier to push around the way they want than Dorsey.  The Jets next coach will likely have more ability to build "their team", as opposed to coaching Dorsey's team.  I'd imagine this is less of a sticking point for first time head coaches, but if it's true that the Jets are looking at more of the experienced coaching crowd, that could certainly be a selling point for some of them.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

You can be optimistic without engaging in unfounded hyperbole.

Our job is a good job, not the best, not the worst.  And that's ok.

Of course the truly best jobs aren't actually available.  What a pointless argument for the sake of argument.

Short of an unexpected retirement from an all-time great team, the head coaching jobs becoming available already means they all have their own negatives.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I don't agree with all of that - trying to push people around in a work place will always cause friction & can be tough to deal with. 

Also, if Dorsey keeps hitting on draft picks why would it matter? The HC & GM can have a great working relationship as well. Having 2 guys with differing opinions isn't necessarily a bad thing

I'm not debating whether any of this is a good or bad thing for the team itself, but rather the appeal of certain head coaching candidates.  With names like Shanahan and Harbaugh flying around related to the Jets, you're talking about candidates who will want complete control.  Guys like that aren't going to be convinced that anyone else can build their team better than they can.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Pac said:

While the Johnson bashing is deserved in some situations (i.e. making Bowles and equal to Macc or Tebow and re-acquiring Revis), it's way overblown on this forum.

Woody and now Chris have never been afraid to spend money, always have the backs of their players, provide state of the art facilities, were the first to voice opposition against that ridiculous kneeling rule, and have never embarrassed coaches or GM's with in season firings or being critical in the media.

Throw in the fact that they largely stay out of football affairs and ownership is probably viewed as a strength to both FA's and would be coaches alike.

You don't think potential FA's know the Jets have helped guys like ASJ and Robby turn their lives around and didn't give up on them like many owners would have?

The Jets job will be the best one available next week.  The only thing that could scare away a coach is the relentless media and fan scrutiny.   But if that would be the thing that scares a coach away, I wouldn't want them anyway.

I can't help but laugh at this.  Your argument is that the bashing is overblown (which I do actually agree with), but feel the need to point out they're not responsible for many things except for when it comes to individual events that you've deemed they should be blamed personally for, which just so happen to be those that fit into your ridiculous narrative of excusing others for their own incompetencies (most recently, Maccagnan).  You're pushing a serious (and absurd) agenda here.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company