Rhg1084

Jets job is the most desired job this offseason

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Surely you jest.

C'mon...say it with me....J....E...S....T!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What? Not possible. The Johnson's are evil.. We have no talent. Macc is a fool. Our best player on defense is a box safety.  Robby Anderson is a thug. 

Note.  I gave you the "Confused" smiley reaction just so that you could claim the Royal Flush of reactions to this post. :D 

269851178_ScreenShot2018-12-27at10_23_54AM.png.3a738f80f7e45f03031e55227a46b3cd.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Ehh, I disagree. I think the Browns are #1. They are in a similar situation to us in regards to having that young franchise QB but they have a lot more talent on the roster outside of the QB & a ton of draft capital coming up. 

I'd put the Jets #2, Packers #3 (Rodgers) & then Ravens #4. The rest aren't nearly as desirable as the top 4. 

The Packers situation is dicey.  The Coach will be on equal footing (at best) with Aaron Rodgers.  Can they even entertain the idea of a rookie HC and a slow rebuild in Green Bay??  Aaron isn't quite "old"  yet but let's face it....he's 35 and his window is going to start closing.  We can see it with Brady who has withstood the test of time better than any recent QB, but even he isn't quite the same player these days.

The next Head Coach in GB is likely to be the last one Rodgers will have there.  There's as much riding on these HC decisions for teams trying to gracefully wrap-up the careers of legacy guys as there is for teams trying to bring young guys with franchise talent (Darnold, Rose, etc.) to the next level.

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'd imagine that's a rarity.  One thing we can all agree on is that Jets ownership and Jets management are a polarizing issue.

No doubt about it.  I truly believe Ownership wants all the right things.  They're not necessarily cheap, they are (too) patient with coaches and GMs (which is a positive for attracting the next HC), and they want to win.  The issue with Ownership is competence and their ability to do the right thing, not their desire to do the right thing.  Unlike Jerry Jones, I've never seen Jets ownership claim to be football experts....and it's a good thing that they recognize what they're not good at.  They've certainly spent money on consultants (Korn Ferry, the Wolf/Casserly endeavor, etc.) in an effort to find and acquire the right talent.  Again, they just haven't been able to hit the nail on the head.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

When people are optimistic for no reason there’s no incentive to give them a reason. You are why the Jets will always be bad.

The NFL is a QB and Head Coach driven league.  The Jets have lacked both for the better part of 5 years now.  But the past 4 months have shown that one of those boxes might have finally been checked with QB Sam Darnold.  There are absolutely reasons to be optimistic.  I don't see anyone here claiming this team is close to a Championship or even playoff contention yet.  Expectations are reasonable in my opinion that a talented QB with the right coach could lead to a much better team over the next 2-3 years.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company