Rhg1084

Jets job is the most desired job this offseason

27 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

According to Chad Forbes 

CE71514D-69AB-4645-9C85-5A66F8643739.png

Hahaha.... this list is idiotic.  This is nothing but one moron's subjective opinion.  Obviously has no knowledge of how badly the Johnsons do things.  The one thing he is right about though, is that the Johnsons place HC above GM in importance by having both GM and HC report to them.  So a potential HC might like not having to report to a GM.  Johnsons give HC an inordinate amount of say, particularly in player acquisition and the draft. We've seen that for well over a decade.  )nly 2 out of 11 1st round picks have been used on offense (Sanchez & Darnold) since 2009. No coincidence that the HCs during this insane 1st round "always pick defense" were all defensive headcoaches who were uninterested in offense.    Headcoach obviously gets priority over GM for round 1.  Otherwise why have all the 1st round picks (except Sanchez and Darnold) been defensive players?  It's flat out crazy.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

You’re right. Everything has been just great.

Come on man... give jojo some credit.  Although he's one of the most unrealistic, green tinted lenses posters on the board, he is indeed one of the most optimistic posters here.  What would this forum be without some posters like that?  We all actually need that occasional dose of delusion to keep our hopes up.  

But I'll credit Forbes with one thing.  It sure would be desirable to become an NFL HC and never have to answer to the commands of a GM.  On the Jets, the HC trumps the GM often.  That certainly has appeal. (As stupid as the hierachy is).

Just now, Untouchable said:

It is the top job available 

Sure the Jets don’t exactly have some sort of glorious history, but they have a sh*t ton of things working in their favor that many have already pointed out.

- NYC

- 21 year old potential stud at QB

- $100+ million in cap space 

- Top 5 draft pick (Top 3 in all likelihood)

- Low expectations 

- A division that will be ripe for the taking within another year

- A defense that is damn near set with the exception of a premier passrusher and a DC with a brain

People can gush over the Browns all they want, but not too many people are choosing a city like f*cking Cleveland over New York. Especially the wives.

^this.  The icing on the cake for coming to coach the Jets?  Well, isn't it obvious?  Our HC doesn't have to report  to, answer to or be accountable to whoever the emasculated GM happens to be.  The amount of say over personnel that Woody gives to his HC is extraordinary.   Any potential HC should find that appealing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, IndianaJet said:

And you're not even getting much of a tax savings benefit when you compare Ohio to NJ.  In fact, the total tax burden difference between the two states is just about half of a percent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/10/us-states-with-the-highest-tax-burdens.html

New York taxes are irrelevant.  Jets employees who live in NJ pay NJ income tax, not NY.  Rex and Bowles both lived in NJ.  NJ taxes are high, but nowhere close to the obscene New York State/ & City income tax.  

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Who said anything about NY taxes?

nobody.  I misread.  carry on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Note.  I gave you the "Confused" smiley reaction just so that you could claim the Royal Flush of reactions to this post. :D 

269851178_ScreenShot2018-12-27at10_23_54AM.png.3a738f80f7e45f03031e55227a46b3cd.png

I'd imagine that's a rarity.  One thing we can all agree on is that Jets ownership and Jets management are a polarizing issue.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Totally. That's why after another losing season the HC is staying while his pissboy the GM is getting fired.

Oh, wait.

The marginal tax rate is higher in NJ (8.97%) than in NY (8.82%). Also figuring any HC is probably married, the marginal rate kicks in at just $500K in NJ while for NY it's way up at over $2MM. 

State income taxes are higher in NJ than NY.

Funny, I lived in both states.  My taxes as a New Yorker were always miserably higher (% wise) than in NJ.  Perhaps NY lowered its rates in the last 30-35 years while NJ raised its own?  Perhaps it was the added extra NYC irritating income tax?  I worked in Manhattan while living in NJ as well for a few years, and the % to NY was higher than NJ, but at least I got to deduct that NYS non-resident beastly rate to lower my NJ tax.   All I can tell you is I made a lot less money when I lived in NY but paid a considerably higher income tax rate there compared to here.  I really don't care.  NY and NJ taxes both suck ass.  It's downright confiscatory.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company