Rhg1084

Jets job is the most desired job this offseason

Warts with each of the HC jobs:

Packers- job is scary because Rodgers looks like he has gone prima donna a bit. the look right now is that he forced McCarthy out so coaches will be hesitant. Plus there is not much else there

Broncos- Kind of stuck in the middle. Elway has done a poor job with QB selection. Keenum is okay. Their window has closed a bit. 

Cardinals- Just got rid of a HC after 1 year. Job security will scare some people away.

Ravens- Just confusion at the moment. Nobody knows what's going on with them. Also new HC would have to try and match up with Lamar's skillset

Jets- The power structure. Is Macc on board for a couple more years? Does he have the power?

Browns- The ability to get along with Baker, who can be a bit of a hot head. 

Buccaneers- Who's their QB? 

As of this moment I would go

1. Browns

2. Jets

3. Ravens

4. Broncos

5. Packers

6. Buccaneers

7. Cardinals

On 12/27/2018 at 9:51 AM, bgivs21 said:

Ehh, I disagree. I think the Browns are #1. They are in a similar situation to us in regards to having that young franchise QB but they have a lot more talent on the roster outside of the QB & a ton of draft capital coming up. 

I'd put the Jets #2, Packers #3 (Rodgers) & then Ravens #4. The rest aren't nearly as desirable as the top 4. 

Yeah but you would have to live in Cleveland vs NY

53 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If we draft Allen andbhe immediately pans out plus sign a Clowney we will have a legit pass rush next year

Absolutely! That plus a legitimate DC we can do a complete 180 next year.

16 hours ago, Dcat said:

Funny, I lived in both states.  My taxes as a New Yorker were always miserably higher (% wise) than in NJ.  Perhaps NY lowered its rates in the last 30-35 years while NJ raised its own?  Perhaps it was the added extra NYC irritating income tax?  I worked in Manhattan while living in NJ as well for a few years, and the % to NY was higher than NJ, but at least I got to deduct that NYS non-resident beastly rate to lower my NJ tax.   All I can tell you is I made a lot less money when I lived in NY but paid a considerably higher income tax rate there compared to here.  I really don't care.  NY and NJ taxes both suck ass.  It's downright confiscatory.

Or maybe you weren't making $5MM per year? ;) 

Unlikely the HC will live in NYC and be subject to the extra city taxes. Most are married, have kids, and would opt to live in the suburbs even if the team was in NY.

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets job is flawed and certainly not the top vacancy of I was a coaching candidate just based on the idiotic power structure. 

So the so called "idiotic power structure" that gives the HC access to the owners ear, gives him say, is something a HC wouldn't want?  

Lol, sure it is.  

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So the so called "idiotic power structure" that gives the HC access to the owners ear, gives him say, is something a HC wouldn't want?  

Lol, sure it is.  

So in a normal power structure, you think the coach never gets to talk to the owner? That he doesn’t have a say? Really? You’re not this dense. 

• Butt Fumble 1

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So in a normal power structure, you think the coach never gets to talk to the owner? That he doesn’t have a say? Really? You’re not this dense. 

Actually I've said before I don't think the we HC taking to the owner is a problem or that the Jets are the only team that has had a owner who talks to his staff. To me it's one of those meaningless complaints.  And in no way would scare a HC off.  

I'm not getting your point.  You comment that the owner talked to the HC and that would turn away candidates making the job less desirable.  Then in the next post ask if I think we're the only team where the owner gets to talk to the hc?  

You then insinuate that I'm dense?  Because you're logic doesn't work   You're so predictable and rude.  Go play with yourself Carl.

We have a potential QB, a TE, a decent WR, some decent depth on both sides of the ball, a safety, a kicker and a return man.  We have a ton of cap room (but very few people under contract) and a high draft pick.  We have cap room because we have had very few people worth retaining.  We are a desirable job because of the ineptitude of the current regime, not because they have put us in a good position for the future. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually I've said before I don't think the we HC taking to the owner is a problem or that the Jets are the only team that has had a owner who talks to his staff. To me it's one of those meaningless complaints.  And in no way would scare a HC off.  

I'm not getting your point.  You comment that the owner talked to the HC and that would turn away candidates making the job less desirable.  Then in the next post ask if I think we're the only team where the owner gets to talk to the hc?  

You then insinuate that I'm dense?  Because you're logic doesn't work   You're so predictable and rude.  Go play with yourself Carl.

I will go play with myself. There’s more intelligence in my trousers than under your likely balding dome piece. It’s wholly unsurprising you don’t get my point. Have a nice new year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I will go play with myself. There’s more intelligence in my trousers than under your likely balding dome piece. It’s wholly unsurprising you don’t get my point. Have a nice new year. 

F off.  You're totally clueless and just argue to argue no matter how ridiculous the point. You're incapable of normal conversation and had to call me dense etc.  Typical Carl. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

F off.  You're totally clueless and just argue to argue no matter how ridiculous the point. You're incapable of normal conversation and had to call me dense etc.  Typical Carl. 

I’m very capable of normal conversation. You quoted me with ridiculous questions because you couldn’t grasp my first post. You chose to come at me, bud. Don’t get all bent out of shape because your counterpoints were easily disputed and wrong. If you want to talk about the actual structure of the New York Jets organizationally, I’d be happy to show you how dysfunctional and ridiculous it is and how no other team worth a lick operates that way. But you’d rather name call and think you’re berating me when in reality, all you’ve done is add mounting evidence to the theory that you’re out of your depth and are just a curmudgeonly Jets fan who tries to be smarter than he is. But, just kindly put me on ignore. That way your feed will be much easier for you to comprehend. Have a nice Friday. 

• Downvote 1

On 12/27/2018 at 12:29 PM, Pac said:

While the Johnson bashing is deserved in some situations (i.e. making Bowles and equal to Macc or Tebow and re-acquiring Revis), it's way overblown on this forum.

Woody and now Chris have never been afraid to spend money, always have the backs of their players, provide state of the art facilities, were the first to voice opposition against that ridiculous kneeling rule, and have never embarrassed coaches or GM's with in season firings or being critical in the media.

Throw in the fact that they largely stay out of football affairs and ownership is probably viewed as a strength to both FA's and would be coaches alike.

You don't think potential FA's know the Jets have helped guys like ASJ and Robby turn their lives around and didn't give up on them like many owners would have?

The Jets job will be the best one available next week.  The only thing that could scare away a coach is the relentless media and fan scrutiny.   But if that would be the thing that scares a coach away, I wouldn't want them anyway.

The Johnsons have paid players, often foolishly, and have invested in a state of the art facility.  All good.  Tampa Bay in its heat does not have an indoor practice field.

But I do think the Johnsons have paid below market for the HC/Coaching and GM roles.  If I had to guess, teams like Seattle and Phila pay much, much for their coaches and management than the Jets do.  

• Upvote 1