RB dept. - Elijah McGuire, Trenton Cannon.. ~ ~ ~

kelly

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The thought of a Crowell-McGuire-Canon trio for Sam in 2019 is nauseating.

Get us Lev bell please.  Let's see how the offense and Sam look with Bell carrying the ball for the next 4 years.

Yup, Jets need to completely overhaul their RB's.  Even if they don't land Bell, this unit needs a big upgrade.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Yup, Jets need to completely overhaul their RB's.  Even if they don't land Bell, this unit needs a big upgrade.  

Crowell is consistently inconsistent.  Can't have that.  Plus he is an a-hole.   Canon just sucks in every way.  I know I should be more patient since he is a rook, but he looked like hot garbage anytime he was anywhere on the field, particularly on special teams.  I like McGuire and he seems like a good candidate to remain the jets #2 (much like Powell did for all his years with the Jets).  And what of Powell?  

this has been a terribly inferior RB group and needs to be changed pronto if we want Sam to succeed.

• Upvote 2

On 12/27/2018 at 11:30 AM, kelly said:

Inside the Jets with RBs Elijah McGuire & Trenton Cannon (12/26)

Watch the Jets Running Back Duo on the Weekly Radio Show with Eric Allen and Erik Coleman

video..

Shouldn’t this head post be entitled ‘Unemployment Department RB’s McGuire, Cannon’.

Not completely fair to judge this group so harshly.  Offensive line, play calling REALLY stunk.  What'd you expect.  We know that from experience Bilal Powell is  a nice #2 back.  Best blocker, receiver, combo-back on team.  Unfortunate with the fluke injuries.  May cost him his spot.  McGuire was out for half the season.  Showed flashes, just like last year.  Worth a look.  Crowell is an enigma.  POOR blocker.  May be a Blockhead.  Hands of stone.  Then, at times, brilliant.  Cannon has some talent.  Hits hole hard {if there is one} Fast.  Can be a weapon catching the ball, but has disappointing "hands that need to get better.   Good special teamer.  That being said this group needs work.  Not really on LeVeon Bell bandwagon.  Cost/Risk.  If they signed him I wouldn't have a stroke, though.  Maybe a free-agent and draft pick will do.

7 minutes ago, kelly said:

bell is gonna take too much $.  trade or wait for 2020 draft    ?

trade what?  Draft picks?  For a running back?  Who?  You have this completely ass-backwards.  No RB is worth trading draft capital for.  Especially a team that traded away three 2nd round picks.  What Mac does have is $100 million + in spending money.  Perfect time to spend on Bell, who is arguably one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL.  Keep the picks.  Use them on Oline, Edge rusher, WR (gulp, even though WR is Mac's worst position in scoouting by far).  Spend on FA getting the best there is at positions of need, such as running back.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, kelly said:

jets-bills-football.jpg

... i would hate to Lose him but we might be able to get a pretty good RB and a draft pick   ?

pipe dream.  trade him for what RB on the trade market?  What in the world do you think you can get for Leo?  

You seem to have a lot of unrealistic expectations and the idea of actually trading anything for a RB when Bell is sitting right there is maddening.  I'd rather trade for something that can't be had in free agency or the draft, if we are going to trade Leo (you assume he will be coveted by other teams).  Truth is we wouldn't get much for him.  Give me Bell at RB for the next 4 years over any sort of trade (picks or players) .

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

pipe dream.  trade him for what RB on the trade market?  What in the world do you think you can get for Leo?  

You seem to have a lot of unrealistic expectations and the idea of actually trading anything for a RB when Bell is sitting right there is maddening.  I'd rather trade for something that can't be had in free agency or the draft, if we are going to trade Leo (you assume he will be coveted by other teams).  Truth is we wouldn't get much for him.  Give me Bell at RB for the next 4 years over any sort of trade (picks or players) .

dear Dcat, hi !  ?.. we'll see    ?

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

On 1/14/2019 at 11:44 AM, Dcat said:

Crowell is consistently inconsistent.  Can't have that.  Plus he is an a-hole.   Canon just sucks in every way.  I know I should be more patient since he is a rook, but he looked like hot garbage anytime he was anywhere on the field, particularly on special teams.  I like McGuire and he seems like a good candidate to remain the jets #2 (much like Powell did for all his years with the Jets).  And what of Powell?  

this has been a terribly inferior RB group and needs to be changed pronto if we want Sam to succeed.

I tired of hearing you guys gushing about McGuire for two years.  Please tell me what had you seen so far that I'm not?  Cause every time I seen him he do not gain more than a few yards.   There were a lot 3rd and long last year and he was one of the cause.

9 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

I tired of hearing you guys gushing about McGuire for two years.  Please tell me what had you seen so far that I'm not?  Cause every time I seen him he do not gain more than a few yards.   There were a lot 3rd and long last year and he was one of the cause.

"Gushing?"  LOL.  You grossly misinterpret my post.  All I said is that McGuire is OK.   My post criticized the entire RB group.  I just have fewer criticisms against McGuire than I do against the others.  They all need to be replaced, IMO.  

• 2 weeks later...

Crowell is a very average back, and Eli McGuire=Cedric Houston. A very replaceable player. Trenton Cannon well his skillset remains to he seen. 

A pretty uninspiring trio and an area definitely needing upgrade.  

If the Jets fail to bring Bell on board well Tevin Coleman and one of Damien Harris/ Josh Jacobs or David Montgomery would not be a bad alternative. 

But all of this is moot if the offensive line is not overhauled first. It's the most glaring mess right now.

Bell is my top choice but he's a free agent. So, he can chose to go to the Colts or some other team. Our backup plan should be Tevin Coleman. Get one of those two guys and a C in FA. Then grab a couple of OL in the draft. We have to get a couple of WRs also. Macchiato has a lot of work to do. 

• 2 weeks later...