RB dept. - Elijah McGuire, Trenton Cannon.. ~ ~ ~

kelly

New York Jets head coach Adam Gase announced that Le’Veon Bell will not play during the preseason and it appears as if that is the right decision to make.

When the 2018 season concluded for the New York Jets, it was clear that changes needed to be made. After all, the team once again disappointed, finishing with a lackluster 4-11 record and once again failing to make the playoffs.Since then, the team has indeed made changes, including bringing in new head coach Adam Gase, new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and new general manager Joe Douglas.

Changes were also made to the roster, however, and the Jets made the biggest splash of the off-season when the team signed star free agent running back Le’Veon Bell to a four year $52.5 million contract.Widely considered to be amongst the best backs in the league, Bell not only gives the Jets a type of dynamic playmaker that they’ve lacked for years but he’s expected to immediately provide the Jets offense, which has long been stagnant, with a much-needed spark.

Despite reports that he’s performed well in practice, however, that spark has yet to be seen as he hasn’t appeared in two pre-season games thus far. And as it turns out, Bell won’t get a chance to perform in a live game against another opponent until the regular season begins in a few weeks, as Gase told CBSSports.com:

“I feel like he’s in great shape, he’s been contacting about as good as anybody on the practice field. I feel confident that he’ll be ready to go week one,” Gase said. “He’s in a good place right now. The way he’s working in practice, the way he’s running the ball in practice, I feel really good about him when we hit the regular season.”

While Jets fans are undoubtedly eager to see the team’s biggest addition in action, this decision made by Gase appears to make quite a bit of sense.

First and foremost, Bell sat out for the entirety of the 2018 season due to a contract dispute with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Given the number of touches he’s been given throughout his career and the wear and tear he’s dealt with over the years, it wouldn’t seem wise to rush him back into action. Instead, Gase’s plan to slowly build him back up and prepare him for game-like situations seems like the smarter approach.In addition, having Bell play often throughout the pre-season wouldn’t only increase the chance of him suffering an unnecessary injury. This idea was just seen with Jets linebacker Avery Williamson, who suffered a torn ACL in last week’s game against the Atlanta Falcons, an injury that Gase blamed on himself for keeping Williamson in the game too long.

“Looking back on it, hindsight is 20/20, I wish I would’ve gotten him out of there a series earlier. I talked to him. It’s on me. I’m the one who has to make that call and get him out of there. We didn’t. It’s a shame because he was having a good camp.”

Williamson’s injury is certainly a blow to a Jets defense that is already struggling with depth issues and the team can’t risk a similar situation playing out with Bell.Having totaled 1,291 rushing yards and nine touchdowns on 321 attempts and 85 receptions for 655 yards and two touchdowns in 2017, Bell’s importance to the Jets as a dual-threat back cannot be taken lightly.If he performs at the level he has at in the past, Bell has the ability to not only take the Jets offense and second-year quarterback Sam Darnold to new heights, but he has the ability to take the team overall to new heights.

That possibility simply can’t be risked by playing the 27-year-old in the pre-season.

>     https://thejetpress.com/2019/08/20/jets-decision-leveon-bell-sitting/

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, kelly said:

Rich Cimini    ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets have released RB Elijah McGuire, a source confirmed. It became apparent in recent days that Bilal Powell and Trent Cannon were solid as the RB3 and RB4, respectively. First reported by the NFL Network.

>      https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

No way when did this happen? ))))))))))))))))))))))sarcasm alert(((((((((((((((((((((((

Josh Adams spent last Sunday night traversing the Jersey Turnpike, heading north.

Three days prior, Adams had made a similar journey on the Eagles’ team bus, bound for MetLife Stadium and the team’s fourth preseason game.

But this time around, Adams was flying solo.

That’s because, on Saturday afternoon, the 22-year-old running back got the call. He had been cut. Again.“It was unfortunate, obviously," Adams said. “That’s not what I wanted. But at the end of the day, I knew that my opportunity would come somewhere.”

That somewhere turned out to be a place where Adams had just been – New York.

Adams is clearly in the very early stages of acquainting himself with the Jets. He’s had just three practices with his new team. So head coach Adam Gase admits he still doesn’t know much about his new practice squad addition.But the man calling the shots for the Jets these days – general manager Joe Douglas – knows plenty about Adams and what he’s capable of. After all, he watched Adams’ rookie season up close last year, when he was still working in the Eagles’ front office under Howie Roseman.“He was actually the one who called me and told me Philly had a spot for me (in 2018),” Adams said. “He was fired up about it. Obviously, I was fired up because I felt like I had a lot to prove after going undrafted.”

To the untrained outsider, it sure seems like that’s exactly what Adams did last season.

After all, he worked his way up from the practice squad to the active roster in just two weeks – then played the next 14 games for Philadelphia. Along the way, he started five times and ended up as the team’s leading rusher, tallying 511 yards and three touchdowns on 120 carries.Those numbers aren’t elite by any means. But they were certainly strong for an undrafted rookie who failed to make the Eagles’ 53-man roster out of training camp.

In fact, in Weeks 12 and 13, Adams recorded 20 and 22 touches. That made him the first Eagles running back to carry the ball 20-plus times in consecutive games since DeMarco Murray did it in 2015. Sounds like a dream for a kid who grew up just outside of Philly.But by the time the playoffs rolled around, he’d snapped back to reality – and fallen out of the Eagles’ good graces in favor of Darron Sproles and Wendell Smallwood. He played just one snap in two postseason games, tallying one carry for -2 yards.Eight months later, he was cut again. Now he’s back to the bottom rung on the NFL ladder – this time in unfamiliar surroundings.

One factor, however, remains the same: Douglas.

“It’s great to have people behind you ... who want to see you improve as a player and an individual," Adams said. “When he was (in Philadelphia), he continued to push me and I went from the back and he kept on me about staying confident and being positive and eventually I worked my way to the front.”So Adams, naturally, was excited to get that call from his biggest booster again this year – even if it meant leaving his home city and swapping shades of green.“Just having those people behind you when you may seem down or whatever, it’s always great – especially as a rookie last year,” Adams said. "But this year, it’s good to come into this position with a little bit of confidence and a little bit of support.”But Douglas’ support can only go so far, of course. Now, it’s on Adams to prove to Gase and the Jets’ coaching staff that he’s a viable option, if and when an opportunity to use him arises.

In the meantime, Adams is using that push from Douglas to remain relentlessly positive. Despite being forced to push the reset button on his career, there is no woe-is-me streak burning inside of him. Adams refuses to believe that taking a step back and observing the Jets’ Week 1 game from the sidelines will be a mental burden – even though he’s clearly become accustomed to influencing games, rather than watching them.Instead, Adams is devoting all his mental energy to learning a new playbook and staying patient.“You never know what could happen in this sport,” Adams said. “Next thing you know, you’re up. So whether that’s next week or a couple weeks down the road, I just have to stay ready.”

After the rapid rise and fall of this past year, Adams knows that better than most.

>      https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/09/how-did-jets-josh-adams-cope-with-eagles-nosedive-by-embracing-joe-douglas-advice.html

Days before Le’Veon Bell was set to take the field on Sunday, he told his head coach not to hold back.

Adam Gase obliged to his running back’s demands and subsequently played Bell for all 66 of the Jets’ offensive snaps. Returning to the field after a year-long hiatus, Bell didn’t miss a beat Sunday against the Bills. In his first Jets performance, he rushed 17 times for 60 yards and had six receptions for 32 yards and one touchdown. He also picked up a two-point conversion pass.“Honestly, it didn’t feel like (an extended layoff),” Bell told reporters following the Jets’ 17-16 loss. “It felt normal. I felt good… just being out there and having fun. I still had fun playing the game today. The outcome wasn’t what I wanted it to be. I’m a competitive guy, so I’m not happy that we lost the game.”

In his first game since Jan. 14, 2017, Bell recorded the offense’s lone touchdown. His first score in over 600 days came on a nine-yard pass from Sam Darnold. Moments later, he made a leaping catch in the back corner of the end zone to successfully add two more points to the board. Bell scored eight of the team’s 16 points.To begin the game, Bell needed just four yards to become the fastest player in NFL history to reach 8,000 career scrimmage yards. And on his first carry, he ran for five.While it is an impressive accolade, Bell’s most notable achievement on Sunday came on a 4th & 1 situation. After initially being stuffed behind the line of scrimmage, Bell was able to convert what, at the moment, was a big first down for New York. Down by one, the Jets turned the ball over on downs four short plays later, but it wasn’t for a lack of effort from Bell, who kept the game alive.

Bell looked fluid in his return. He put any questions about rust to bed with his performance on Sunday. Even if the outcome is certainly not what the Jets would’ve hoped for, Bell inspired confidence that he can be a key building block in Darnold’s development.

>    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/09/new-york-jets-leveon-record-breaking-return/

• 2 weeks later...

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

RB Le'Veon Bell tried to take the high road, insisting, "I'm not frustrated at all. I just know this team has a lot of talent. We just have to put it together." Good point. With a veteran O-line and a star running back in Bell, they should able to score at least a TD. Bell had only 63 total yards from scrimmage on 22 touches, one of the worst games of his career.

>    https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

• 3 weeks later...

Remember when Ty Montgomery was a prominent piece of Adam Gase’s offensive gameplan? Better yet, remember Ty Montgomery?

With Le’Veon Bell sitting out, Montgomery started three of New York’s four preseason games and made enough of an impact to make it a foregone conclusion that he would see the field a decent amount in the regular season. Bell was always going to be the workhorse out of the backfield, but Montgomery showed enough throughout the summer to cement a role in Gang Green’s offense.

Or so everyone thought.

Since the regular season kicked off, Montgomery has barely seen the field, taking 45 snaps through four games. He has carried the ball no more than three times in a game and played only five snaps against the Bills in Week 1. Montgomery ran for 25 yards and 8.3 yards per carry against the Browns in Week 2, but even that was not enough to convince the Jets to give him a larger workload. He has taken only four carries in New York’s past two games, rushing for one yard in each game.Why has Montgomery been shunned to the sideline? Nobody really knows. Gase summed up his decision to play Montgomery only five snaps in New York’s season opener as one he made simply because he could as the head coach, providing no insight into why a player who was so productive in the preseason was wasting away on the bench.

It’s understandable that the Jets want Bell to be a focal point of their offense. They didn’t give him $52.5 million to share carries or only play on certain downs. However, there’s something to be said about New York’s puzzling decision to stick almost exclusively with Bell instead of occasionally giving Montgomery the chance to make plays.For whatever reason, it looks like Montgomery is in Gase’s dog house. There’s really no other reason to explain why he’s not playing. You’d think Montgomery would see more snaps in an effort to jumpstart New York’s sputtering offense, but that has not happened. As a supposed offensive mastermind, it’d benefit the Jets if Gase experimented with having Bell and Montgomery on the field at the same time, but that has yet to happen either.

Montgomery is being wasted on the bench — there’s no other way to put it. It remains to be seen if Gase will change his mind and give Montgomery the role he deserves, but either way, there’s no excusing the way he’s been utilized so far this season.

>   https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/10/new-york-jets-ty-montgomery-leveon-bell-adam-gase/

• 2 weeks later...

Rich Cimini     ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets RB Le'Veon Bell is looking forward to facing the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots. "It's going to be a fun game and I think we have a really great opportunity to shock the world in a sense," he said. Asked about Sam Darnold's "unstoppable" comment about the offense, Bell said, "I'll ride with my quarterback."

• 3 weeks later...

One day after it was revealed that Le’Veon Bell received an MRI on his knee, the Jets are bringing in another running back.

That would be Josh Adams, who is being added to New York’s active roster, according to multiple reports. The Notre Dame product has been on the Jets’ practice squad after a productive preseason with the Eagles.Adams does have some regular season experience, too. The 23-year-old appeared in 14 games for Philadelphia in 2018, making five starts. He made good use of that opportunity, running 120 times for 511 yards and three touchdowns. He averaged 4.3 yards per attempt.

It remains to be seen how serious Bell’s knee issue is. Bell was hurt in Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins, but that information wasn’t revealed until Monday when Adam Gase spoke to the media. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the back will be fine and that the Jets are adding Adams to prevent another team from signing him.Should Bell miss any time, though –even just a game — the Jets backfield would be left to Adams, Ty Montgomery and Bilal Powell. Montgomery and Powell, both veterans, have been used sparingly this season, so Adams would most likely serve as a depth piece after Trenton Cannon was placed on injured reserve.

>    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/05/eveon-bell-injury-jets-josh-adams-active-roster/

Rich Cimini   ESPN Staff Writer 

RB Le'Veon Bell (knee) won't practice tomorrow, per Adam Gase. The coach declined to reveal the results of Bell's MRI, but said, "I think he's feeling better. We'll see how it goes from there." The Jets signed RB Josh Adams from the practice squad, which provides insurance. (Courtesy: The Michael Kay Show, ESPN New York).

Rich Cimini     ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets RB Le'Veon Bell missed some plays in the fourth quarter because of sore ribs. He said "really didn't want to take too many carries on my body," so they went with Bilal Powell. Bell said "of course" he will play next week.

Rich Cimini    ESPN Staff Writer 

It was another tough-sledding game for RB Le'Veon Bell, but he believes there was some progress in the run game. "I feel like it's getting better," he said. Bell complimented running mate Bilal Powell — well, except the play in which he tripped on the way to the end zone. "I'm sure he wishes he didn't tackle himself," Bell joked.

>    https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

For the fourth consecutive week, the Jets offense got off to a speedy start and scored on their opening drive in a 34-17 victory against the Washington Redskins. One notable difference in the team’s first road win though was the re-emergence of the run game.“We didn't have the penalties that we've had before where we were second-and-six or less, which helps us run it,” said head coach Adam Gase on the ground success. “I think the guys did a good job of staying ahead of the sticks.”

Making the most out of the Green and White’s hot start, Gase utilized the talent out of the backfield and incorporated more bodies than usual in the rush offense, with four different running backs getting touches in Sunday’s contest: Le’Veon Bell, Bilal Powell, Ty Montgomery and Josh Adams. Leading the pack was the 27-year-old Bell, who recorded 18 carries for 59 yards and 1 TD, averaging 3.3 yards per carry."Guys were getting on the blocks, sustaining blocks and knew who they were blocking. I just have to do a better job of falling forward and continue to do my thing,” Bell said. “We’re continuing to move up and I feel like we’re getting better."

Heading into the matchup, the Redskins defense ranked 28th in the league in rushing yards allowed per game (136) and 16th in rushing yards allowed per play (4.22), presenting an opportunity that the Jets pounced on. Bell and company rushed for a combined 78 yards in the first half — the most in any half for the Jets this season — and finished the game with 115 yards on the ground, which was their most rushing yards this year.Powell – the ninth-year veteran and longest-tenured Jet— got into the mix early, rushing for a season-high 42 yards on seven attempts, with an impressive 17-yard scamper up the left side of the field that set up K Sam Ficken’s 30-yard FG in the second quarter.

“That’s what BP does. He’s been in this game for a really long time and he can read holes really well,” Bell said about the 31-year-old back. “I’m sure he wishes he didn’t tackle himself (laughing) but he had a great drive and a great game. He’s a veteran guy and I wouldn’t expect anything else from him.”

The Green & White capped off the win with 400 total yards of offense and accumulated 23 first downs — six of which came by rushing. After making ground gains in Washington, the Jets will transition to preparation for the Raiders, whose defense ranks 17th in rushing yards allowed per game (105.9) and tied for 16th in rushing yards allowed per play (4.25).

“It felt good because we’re tired of the dramatics,” said Bell. “We were able to go in here today, start off fast, get a quick lead and sustain that lead over the quarters of the game and run the ball well and efficiently. It was good today.”

>      https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-run-game-makes-big-impact-in-team-s-first-road-win

Rich Cimini     ESPN Staff Writer 

Le'Veon Bell played 75% and 56% of the snaps in the last two games, his lowest numbers of the season. Why? Three reasons, per Adam Gase: They don't want to be predictable. The other RBs "deserve" to play. They want to keep him fresh. Said Gase: "We want to make sure we have a strong, 16-game season from him." Smart move, especially since Bilal Powell has provided a spark as a change-up off the bench.

>        https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

• 3 months later...

The NY Jets will have a decision to make on running back Bilal Powell this offseason. Should the Jets re-sign the long-tenured running back?

The NY Jets have seen plenty of roster turnover in recent years with few players remaining on the team for more than four or five years at a time. But one player who has lasted nearly a decade with the organization is running back Bilal Powell.Powell was originally selected by the Jets in the fourth round of the 2011 NFL Draft back nine years ago. The Louisville product would play in just two games during his rookie season, but he was able to crack the rotation by his second NFL season.Despite never being a true feature back of the Jets’ backfield, Powell has been a steady presence for the team’s offense for essentially all of the 2010s. In nine seasons with the Jets, Powell has amassed 3,675 yards and 15 touchdowns on 850 attempts for a very solid 4.3 yards per carry.

Spending nine seasons with one franchise is a remarkable feat in today’s NFL, but even more incredible given his position. No other running back currently in the NFL has been with their respected franchise for longer than Powell has.

And at 31-years-old, there aren’t too many that are even older than he is. Yet, he hasn’t exactly shown his age.

Even this past season, Powell rushed for 229 yards on a 3.9 yards-per-carry average despite running behind one of the worst offensive lines in football. At times, he was the Jets’ most effective backfield option.But now that he’s a free agent once again, will the Jets opt to bring him back for one more season?

Should the Jets re-sign him ?

The Jets will be looking to get younger across the board this offseason and that extends to their depth players. But there is a strong case to make regarding bringing Bilal Powell back.The nine-year veteran is a locker room leader and could provide veteran leadership to what’s expected to be a new-look Jets offense in 2020. On top of that, let’s not discount the fact that he’s still very effective at what he does.Powell is still a very capable runner who also doubles as a reliable pass catcher. Moreover, he’s excellent at picking up opposing blitzers — something very important given the Jets’ struggles in that regard last season.

That said, he’ll be 32-years-old in October and the Jets could certainly stand to get younger at the running back position, perhaps by addressing the position in the draft.But signing him to a cheap, non-guaranteed contract can’t hurt and it’s likely both sides are open to a return.

Will the Jets re-sign him ?

Powell may be on the older side and his role may be diminished, but head coach Adam Gase seemed to like him more and more as the season went on.It didn’t take long for Powell to overtake Ty Montgomery as the primary backup running back and he served as the lead ball-carrier during the one game that Le’Veon Bell missed.The coaching staff is clearly high on Powell, but that doesn’t mean that his roster spot is safe.

Without a clear successor to Bell, the Jets very well could spend a draft pick on Powell with the hope that the rookie could become their primary second option. That could mean that the Jets are more willing to move on.Ty Montgomery is also a free agent and likely won’t return, but the Jets also have the likes of Josh Adams, Trenton Cannon, Kenneth Dixon, and Jalin Moore all under contract. That’s already four camp bodies behind Bell who could compete for roster spots.

There are reasons to believe that Bilal Powell will be back with the Jets for another season. But given his age and lack of a defined role, it’s not something you should be putting money on.

Odds of re-signing: 40%

>      https://thejetpress.com/2020/03/02/ny-jets-re-sign-decline-bilal-powell/

• 8 months later...

'Everybody loves Frank': Gore is the one bright spot in a dark Jets season

THE MAN APPEARING in the doorway of Adam Gase's office late on an October Wednesday night looks like a character out of a nursery rhyme, squat and nearly square. He is an employer of few words, and his presence in this doorway at this moment attests to the overall seriousness of his purpose.The 2020 New York Jets are winless at this point and will remain so, perhaps in perpetuity, and their record provides only the merest hint of their systemic dysfunction. Gase, the head coach, is sitting at his desk trying to figure out something -- anything, really -- when the visitor arrives. It is nearly 9 p.m., hours after the day's final meetings and a time when every player is usually long gone.

At a tap at the door, Gase looks up to see Frank Gore.

Through 16 seasons in the NFL and 37 years on the planet, Frank Gore is still playing running back. He is the third-leading rusher in league history, an athletic and actuarial marvel who has gained most of his 15,687 yards after contact, a disproportionate number of them on 5-yard runs when the circumstances dictated 2, and all of them after two ACL tears he suffered at the University of Miami. He has been around so long that his son, Frank Jr., is a freshman running back at Southern Miss. His running style, a form of straight-ahead burrowing, is notable for its absolute dependence on utility; it has also led to a career that makes little sense in our current age: remarkable in scope, and criminally underappreciated. He has played the same pitiless game the same way year after year, flinging his body through piles of much larger humans like bait at the end of a line.

Now, hours after his teammates have gone home, he is waiting to be invited into Gase's office.

"Frank, what's up?" Gase asks.

Gore has some questions about blitzes; where they might be coming from and how to stop them. But now he stays rooted in the doorway, looking over his shoulder down the hall. He motions to someone out of Gase's line of sight, impatiently, and says, "Come on, man. Don't be afraid to come in here."Slowly, head down, looking like a kid following his dad into the principal's office, rookie running back La'Mical Perine appears in the doorway.

"This is the night I look at third-down pressures," Gore tells Gase, "and I brought him in here because I want him to see how I study."

Perine, from Gase's perspective, looks like he might have preferred to stay behind in the film room, content to have the pertinent blitz-related information relayed secondhand. The problem, though, is that Gore sees something in Perine, something somebody else saw in him once upon a time, and the Frank Gore Experience -- whether as mentor or player, whether on a team undefeated or winless -- requires total immersion."Frank Gore loves football more than anyone I've ever been around," Gase says. "That kind of thing right there doesn't happen a whole bunch anymore; players would rather go home and play Xbox. It's been rough here, but the younger guys are watching a Hall of Fame running back bust his ass on a Wednesday for a team whose record looks like s--- right now."

rest of above article

>    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30267154/everybody-loves-frank-gore-one-bright-spot-dark-jets-season

• 2 weeks later...

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets injury update: Rookie RB La'Mical Perine is likely heading to IR with a high-ankle sprain. Get ready for a whole lot of Frank Gore. RT George Fant is week-to-week with ankle and knee sprains. Chuma Edoga, who would replace him, has a low-ankle sprain, but there's a chance he could play.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

3b5cfef1d64573bf106a2af57d5f9032--gratef

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Gruden has developed a lot of respect for Frank Gore over the years.

Las Vegas’ head coach has seen it all between his 14 years at the helm of the Raiders and Buccaneers, in addition to his lengthy stint as a broadcaster. So, Gruden knows that players like Gore, a 16-year veteran, don’t grow on trees.Gruden has quite the admiration for Gore, who he considers to be a friend. In fact, he was trying to sign the 37-year-old to be a veteran presence in Las Vegas’ running back room. Gore was mulling offers between the Jets and Raiders but ultimately signed with the former because of his relationship with Adam Gase, according to NFL.com’s Jim Trotter.

“He’s what the NFL is all about,” Gruden said this week, per The Mercury News’ Jerry McDonald. “I wish all young running backs could meet Frank Gore, watch him work, see why he’s able to do what he’s done. He’s as physically and mentally tough as anybody that’s been in the NFL in the history of this league.”Gruden was likely hoping that Gore could make an impression on Josh Jacobs, who is fifth in the league in rushing but will miss Sunday’s game with an ankle injury. Instead, Gore signed with the Jets and has become the team’s bell-cow back as he tries to defy Father Time.

Gore originally signed on to be Le’Veon Bell’s complementary back while serving as a mentor for La’Mical Perine. He certainly got more than he bargained for.Gore has 141 carries for 521 yards and a touchdown this year. He’s on pace to play all 16 games in his 16th season. Although the Jets are in evaluation mode at 0-11, it doesn’t appear that Gore will be moved out of his starting role anytime soon.

While Gruden remains quite fond of Gore, he’ll need his defensive line to step-up Sunday as the Raiders look to avoid another letdown against the Jets. The Raiders’ defense is allowing 113.4 rushing yards per game, which ranks 13th in the NFL. Luckily for Las Vegas, Gore leads the league’s 26th ranked rushing offense, which is averaging 97.5 yards per contest.

> https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/06/jon-gruden-frank-gore-new-york-jets-las-vegas-raiders-week-13/

6f8b83081c1fb2f544eab3bcb2ac3de4.jpg

..ugghhh,.. did u ever coach the NEW YORK jets ?   ?

Rich Cimini   ESPN Staff Writer 

RB Ty Johnson scored his first NFL TD on Sunday. He said Breshad Perriman told him in the huddle, "Congrats on your first NFL touchdown." Johnson said today, "BP called it. That's crazy. I was like, ‘I appreciate you, man.'" Johnson rushed for a career-high 104 yards; his previous high was 65. He did that last season as a member of the Lions. Frank Gore (concussion) is expected to play this week, but the Jets should ride with Johnson, only 23.

>      https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

6c47c08dc24f57d97052b66522cddf48.gif

Rich Cimini   ESPN Staff Writer 

Even though RB Frank Gore, 37, has no future with the Jets, he will continue to get carries, according to Adam Gase. Gore and Ty Johnson split the workload yesterday even though Johnson delivered the first 100-yard rushing day under Gase the previous week. Gase said he "might change the way we're doing things" when La'Mical Perine comes off IR, which might be this week. Until then, it'll be status quo. It's positively maddening.

>     https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

624ffb6de0ba11013b3efa2c58004882.gif

After taking the field in Week 15, Frank Gore has now played in 240 career games, the most by a running back in NFL history.New York’s veteran running back passed Lorenzo Neal (239), who was more known for his work as a fullback. From 1993-2009, Neal played for eight different teams, including a single-season stop with the Jets in 1997.

Gore joined the Jets for what could be his 16th and final season. Coming into Sunday’s game, Gore had 546 rushing yards on 150 carries, averaging just 3.6 yards per carry, which ties a career-low.The eventual Hall of Famer is just 107 yards away of reaching 16,000 rushing yards for his career. Gore has three games, including Week 15’s matchup against the Rams, to do so.

>     https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/20/new-york-jets-frank-gore-running-back-nfl-history-week-15/