After Bowles is evicted on Black Monday

Dcat

I sure hope that everyone here with a "Bowles" in their screen name swaps it out for a new one.  Nobody, I mean absolutely nobody, will want to see that name around these parts.  After Kotite, Bowles is by far the worst HC in Jets history.  And some would say Bowles rivals Kotitian level. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I sure hope that everyone here with a "Bowles" in their screen name swaps it out for a new one.  Nobody, I mean absolutely nobody, will want to see that name around these parts.  After Kotite, Bowles is by far the worst HC in Jets history.  And some would say Bowles rivals Kotitian level. 

I would be one of those who say that, yes.

I have no sympathy for a guy that did his job so poorly & still gets to collect enough money NOT WORKING over the next year that will be more than many people here will save in their lifetimes. I'm a huge Jet fan, I love football & always can't wait for the season to start. Since that last Bills game in 2015, this team has been a sh*tshow! Just horrible. 

Everybody can rag on Macc all they want but his trade to 3 for only 3 second round picks which included 1 he got for Richardson whose already on his 2nd team since will go down as the best trade in our organizations history! 

Bowles on the other hands decisions have gotten WORSE every year, his defenses have folded like a cheap suit, players have quit on him each & every year, Adam Gase has made him his personal whipping boy with Cutler, Tannyhill, Moore, Tannyhill again & Osweiller. Omg my god I can't express how much I'm looking forward to kicking this guy out the door, he's literally ruined 4 seasons in a row of Jet football for me. This coming after Rex, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014! 

Its pretty amazing this team still has fans! 8 years of pure ?.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Holtz was worse and Coslet was close. I might give Coslet a very slight edge because he had Pete Carroll as his defensive coordinator who did a nice job. 

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Holtz was worse and Coslet was close. I might give Coslet a very slight edge because he had Pete Carroll as his defensive coordinator who did a nice job. 

Coslet got the shaft with Blair Thomas.  Holtz was weird.  Wanted the players to sing a fight song before the games.  Must have been senile thinking he was fielding highschool and young college kids. Grown men weren't going to like that.   I was a child, so that's all I remember of his short-lived tenure.   

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

WarBowlesMaccFish is my new name come next week.

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Everybody can rag on Macc all they want but his trade to 3 for only 3 second round picks which included 1 he got for Richardson whose already on his 2nd team since will go down as the best trade in our organizations history! 

Stop buying into this myth.  His trade ensured us of either Josh Allen or Josh Rosen. That's it.  Getting either Mayfield or Darnold in that spot was dictated solely by the Browns and the Giants.    After-the-fact reasoning doesn't work well with this.  What would you be feeling right now had it been Allen or Rosen?  The result of the trade was great.  But that is as much luck as you can get. 

Even Heimerdinger said it was luck when he told mac he had a horseshoe up his ass.  

Luck. Sheer luck.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — “You have a horseshoe up your ass.”

The words instinctively rolled off the tongue of Jets VP of player personnel Brian Heimerdinger, and were directed at the boss, GM Mike Maccagnan, who wouldn’t let himself believe this would happen.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Unless the Jets somehow hire Hue Jackson, Rich(4-28) Kotite has the title of worst Jets coach all to himself.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The words instinctively rolled off the tongue of Jets VP of player personnel Brian Heimerdinger, and were directed at the boss, GM Mike Maccagnan, who wouldn’t let himself believe this would happen.

when was said horseshoe extricated from Eli Mannings rectum?

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Stop buying into this myth.  His trade ensured us of either Josh Allen or Josh Rosen. That's it.  Getting either Mayfield or Darnold in that spot was dictated solely by the Browns and the Giants.    After-the-fact reasoning doesn't work well with this.  What would you be feeling right now had it been Allen or Rosen?  The result of the trade was great.  But that is as much luck as you can get. 

Even Heimerdinger said it was luck when he told mac he had a horseshoe up his ass.  

Luck. Sheer luck.

I 'd take being lucky over good every day of the week.

Just now, section314 said:

I 'd take being lucky over good every day of the week.

So you are fine with taking a chance at more "luck" rather than bringing in someone who provides the opportunity for "good"?  With Mac, we know it is either luck or bust, because he has proven over an excruciatingly long 4 years that he is NOT good.

Sorry.  Can't sign up for that.  His one lucky moment was just that.  Otherwise he is flat out bad.  Give me "good" over that every day and twice on Sunday.

37 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I have no sympathy for a guy that did his job so poorly & still gets to collect enough money NOT WORKING over the next year that will be more than many people here will save in their lifetimes. I'm a huge Jet fan, I love football & always can't wait for the season to start. Since that last Bills game in 2015, this team has been a sh*tshow! Just horrible. 

Bowles on the other hands decisions have gotten WORSE every year, his defenses have folded like a cheap suit, players have quit on him each & every year, Adam Gase has made him his personal whipping boy with Cutler, Tannyhill, Moore, Tannyhill again & Osweiller. Omg my god I can't express how much I'm looking forward to kicking this guy out the door, he's literally ruined 4 seasons in a row of Jet football for me. This coming after Rex, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014! 

Its pretty amazing this team still has fans! 8 years of pure ?.

Me neither the guy lives in a $2 million-dollar home while PSL fees, ticket prices, concessions and merchandise  is priced way out of control. 

Been done with this guy as HC for a longtime, Black Monday cant come soon enough for me. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

He's not a bad guy, just a bad coach.  But his lasting legacy might just be that he was the head coach who lead the team to a bad enough record to acquire Sam Darnold.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So you are fine with taking a chance at more "luck" rather than bringing in someone who provides the opportunity for "good"?  With Mac, we know it is either luck or bust, because he has proven over an excruciatingly long 4 years that he is NOT good.

Sorry.  Can't sign up for that.  His one lucky moment was just that.  Otherwise he is flat out bad.  Give me "good" over that every day and twice on Sunday.

Was Belichik good or lucky getting Brady in the 6th rd? Because without Brady, he's probably back being a coordinator. Point being, if getting Darnold was lucky, and he gets us a Super Bowl, or two, is anyone gonna give a rats ass about Stewart, Hack, Lee or any of the others? I think you know the answer to that.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Was Belichik good or lucky getting Brady in the 6th rd? Because without Brady, he's probably back being a coordinator. Point being, if getting Darnold was lucky, and he gets us a Super Bowl, or two, is anyone gonna give a rats ass about Stewart, Hack, Lee or any of the others? I think you know the answer to that.

Bill Belichick is a defensive coordinator somewhere today if Mo Lewis doesn’t injure Drew Bledsoe 

50 minutes ago, section314 said:

It's because of Macc that we're a long ways away from a Super Bowl.  Had he been building the roster properly, we'd be a contender in 2019. 

So yes, we all should care about busts like Stewart, Hansen and Hackenberg (sins of commission) as well as Macc's total negligence with the O-line (sins of omission).  It's miraculous that Darnold was able to have a quality rookie season despite so many things working against him within the franchise itself. 

But yeah, go ahead and compare Macc to Belichick if it makes you happy, I guess. 

I can't believe the whining on this site regarding who Macc drafted or who he didn't draft, lets move on the past is the past! So, he doesn't draft Lee, how much better does it make us? Go back & tell me who he should have drafted? Again, tell me that wasn't Todd Bowles thinking he was drafting Buchanan? 

EVERYTHING WORKED OUT! Had anything Macc has done gone 15% more positive, we might be watching Josh Allen this year for god sakes. Did you see some of those throws last week vs the Pats? Wide open guys & the ball is hitting the ground 3 feet in front of them! After years and years and years of bad luck, 21 year old Sam Darnold just fell in our lap after Macc traded up to 3. So he was lucky, who the hell cares at this point! Imagine if we pinned our hopes of a Super Bowl on Teddy Bridgewaters shredded wheat knee? We're going to have years of football fun watching Darnold develop. Jets past history ended for me in the Texans game, when Sam was calmly running away from Clowney & Watt, like he was in Central Park throwing the ball around with friends. And how fun was it last week seeing him zip pass after pass into guys waiting arms? Stop being buzz killers and enjoy the game this Sunday. New QB, new coaches, new Unis, AFC East soon to be WIDE OPEN, you guys might soon be tailgating B4 a Home playoff game!

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Luck. Sheer luck.

Just imagine Mac stood pat at #6 and Sam was drafted at #3, 4 or 5 . No one here would be saying he did a great job keeping his 3 2nd round picks , they would being saying he was stupid to not move up to get Darnold.  He put the team in a position to get a quality QB, what the other teams did in front of us was out of his control. 

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Just imagine Mac stood pat at #6 and Sam was drafted at #3, 4 or 5 . No one here would be saying he did a great job keeping his 3 2nd round picks , they would being saying he was stupid to not move up to get Darnold.  He put the team in a position to get a quality QB, what the other teams did in front of us was out of his control. 

Drafted 2 superstar players in 4 years as GM. 

Archived