After Bowles is evicted on Black Monday

Dcat

20 hours ago, section314 said:

Was Belichik good or lucky getting Brady in the 6th rd? Because without Brady, he's probably back being a coordinator. Point being, if getting Darnold was lucky, and he gets us a Super Bowl, or two, is anyone gonna give a rats ass about Stewart, Hack, Lee or any of the others? I think you know the answer to that.

You’re delusional. Takes more than a QB to win a SB. Numerous great ones fell short - Marino, Jurgensen, Fouts, Moon, Tarkenton, Lamonica, Testerverde, Hadl,  Mcnabb, Gabriel, Brodie, Anderson, Romo, Cunningham, Esiason, Kelly, and numerous others that were very very good fell short. Mac was given a gift by the Giants. His ‘shrewd’ GM skills or luck had nothing to do with it.  And while you say he was lucky there, he has been ‘unlucky’ 20 times more than ‘lucky’.  Had both Darnold and Mayfield been gone, Rosen would have been the pick. No doubt. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

An act of desperation - priceless :rl:.  He moves up to secure what they believe was one of top 3 QB's in the draft , yet Jet fans who have been clammering for a QB forever view the move as desperation . You can't make this sh*t up.

When are you guys gonna accept Mac is going to be here in 2019.

At this point it actually would be stupid to fire him. The Jets desperately need a new HC , by also having to look for a GM it will hinder their ability to strike quickly to land one of the top HC candidates. The only priority right now is to find the right HC to complement our franchise QB.

Mac is a bumbling, incompetent fool who has next to zero talent evaluation skills. You are probably right that our mentally challenged owner won't fire him.  But that doesn't mean it is right.  WIth his terrible drafting track record and horribe FA deal track record, he will put whatever new HC comes in in a very bad position right from the start.   It is absolutely stupid NOT to fire him.

23 hours ago, Jetster said:

I have no sympathy for a guy that did his job so poorly & still gets to collect enough money NOT WORKING over the next year that will be more than many people here will save in their lifetimes. I'm a huge Jet fan, I love football & always can't wait for the season to start. Since that last Bills game in 2015, this team has been a sh*tshow! Just horrible. 

Everybody can rag on Macc all they want but his trade to 3 for only 3 second round picks which included 1 he got for Richardson whose already on his 2nd team since will go down as the best trade in our organizations history! 

Bowles on the other hands decisions have gotten WORSE every year, his defenses have folded like a cheap suit, players have quit on him each & every year, Adam Gase has made him his personal whipping boy with Cutler, Tannyhill, Moore, Tannyhill again & Osweiller. Omg my god I can't express how much I'm looking forward to kicking this guy out the door, he's literally ruined 4 seasons in a row of Jet football for me. This coming after Rex, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014! 

Its pretty amazing this team still has fans! 8 years of pure ?.

He was never a defensive "guru" as claimed.  He had one decent defense in Arizona.  He is making this much money because our doofus owners listened the the Grand Doofus of all---Charley Casserly, and determined that he was worth the salary.   I think he did the best he could--which was not very good .  Just not head coach material.  Maybe not even good DC material beyond that one year.  They did not distinguish themselves int he playoffs against Carolina

6 minutes ago, jack48 said:

He was never a defensive "guru" as claimed.  He had one decent defense in Arizona.  He is making this much money because our doofus owners listened the the Grand Doofus of all---Charley Casserly abd determined that he was worth the salary.   I think he did the best he could--which was not very good .  HJust nor head coach material.  Maybe not even good DC material beyond one yer.

Always fun to read rewrites of history.  Bowles was on everyone's too coordinator, deserves a shot, HC candidate list.  Not just one person.  It doesn't turn or well and he'll be gone soon.  Change the history doesn't help.    

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Mac is a bumbling, incompetent fool who has next to zero talent evaluation skills. You are probably right that our mentally challenged owner won't fire him.  But that doesn't mean it is right.  WIth his terrible drafting track record and horribe FA deal track record, he will put whatever new HC comes in in a very bad position right from the start.   It is absolutely stupid NOT to fire him.

Yes, the new HC will have a franchise QB , a top 5 draft pick and the team has tons of cap space to spend on FA's. And if the reporting structure stays the same he'll likely have a major say in the draft picks chosen.

Boy will that new HC be at a major disadvantage.

Archived