Jump to content

Maccagnan Brownie Points


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leonard Williams Darron Lee Jamal Adams Marcus Maye  Brandon Shell Eli McGuire Sam Darnold Jordan Jenkins Lac Edwards Robby Anderson Chris Herndon

Bum with little to no impact on the game Tiny LB who gets flushed out of a ton of plays   The GOAT — but still a safety.   Seriously, what has Maye proven? He’s decent b

Pethaps we can ban this valued and long-time poster who’s clearly lost his way

Posted Images

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Pethaps we can ban this valued and long-time poster who’s clearly lost his way

Tom Shane c'mon brother. Making a point like many do here. I still hate Bowles more than Ted Bundy if that helps...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Leonard Williams

Darron Lee

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye 

Brandon Shell

Eli McGuire

Sam Darnold

Jordan Jenkins

Lac Edwards

Robby Anderson

Chris Herndon

Derrick Jones

Henry Anderson 

Avery Williamson

Jermaine Kearse

Trumaine Johnson

Andre Roberts

Jason Myers

These are guys he has brought in that in my opinion can help make us a playoff team. Factor in this years draft pick in the top 5 and all the cap space we have accumulated and I think its safe to say with a competent coaching staff we can make the playoffs in 2019 with a Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy etc. Macc has done more than enough to improve this roster. Lets not forget everyone has misses in the draft every year too not just us. 🙄

LOL

Bro I repped ya, just because you got balls for this post.  LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jet fans are some of the toughest out there. That’s what being deprived of a super bowl win since 69 will do but also sometimes irrationally impatient. I agree mac has done to me a slightly better then average Job, but also had a lot of misses and weird things like ummm hackenberg? Bowles gotta go, I’m ok with mac staying another year. Remember his trade basically got us darnold 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Leonard Williams

Darron Lee

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye 

Brandon Shell

Eli McGuire

Sam Darnold

Jordan Jenkins

Lac Edwards

Robby Anderson

Chris Herndon

Derrick Jones

Henry Anderson 

Avery Williamson

Jermaine Kearse

Trumaine Johnson

Andre Roberts

Jason Myers

These are guys he has brought in that in my opinion can help make us a playoff team. Factor in this years draft pick in the top 5 and all the cap space we have accumulated and I think its safe to say with a competent coaching staff we can make the playoffs in 2019 with a Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy etc. Macc has done more than enough to improve this roster. Lets not forget everyone has misses in the draft every year too not just us. 🙄

All that and three straight 5-11 or worse seasons. Yeah, we are a playoff team!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to consider roster management and structure 

The foundational positions, QB, EDGE, LT, CB, WR he added players here and there but never seemed to really build something that could come together 

Fitz, Mauldin, beachum, Revis, Marshall 

All stop gap types of players at the most important positions 

He inherited a mess but then he made his own mess 

The worst part of it is that when he passed on Watson and mahomes for this last class that makes me feel like he had ownership buy in and is safe 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bum with little to no impact on the game

Tiny LB who gets flushed out of a ton of plays

 

The GOAT — but still a safety.

 

Seriously, what has Maye proven? He’s decent but can’t stay healthy. Not worth the 2nd round pick.

 

My man, did you really just list an average RT?

 

OK this Eli hype is officially aggravating me. 3.2 YPC dude. He can be a poor man’s Bilal Powell.

 

Literally the only player on this list that matters besides Robby.

Calvin Pace led us to back to back AFC Championships so this makes sense.

 

Ok now you are just picking names out of a hat.

 

Player that matters #2

 

Promising TE. We’ll see where year 2 takes us first though.

 

Why....

 

Solid DL.

 

Solid MLB

 

He’s been invisible all year and he won’t even be with the team next year.

 

oof... 

 

 

66% of Mike Maccagnan’s picks are out of the league already. It’s MORE than just “every GM misses”

stop this BS. 

You Maccagnan apologists are crawling out of the woods like Jeremy Bates will soon be going back in them. Yeah the guy will have another chance but that doesn’t mean he deserves it.

I notice you dissaprove Lee who is excellent in coverage and is subpar in run support, but approve of Williamson who is subpar in coverage but good in run support.

What is the reason behind that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I notice you dissaprove Lee who is excellent in coverage and is subpar in run support, but approve of Williamson who is subpar in coverage but good in run support.

What is the reason behind that?

Lee’s strong suit hasn’t come up enough. He’s gotten a few picks but it simply hasn’t overshadowed his god awful run support. I also wouldn’t call him excellent in coverage. He’s better in coverage. He still looks lost and caught in the wrong place on passing plays at times.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Tom Shane c'mon brother. Making a point like many do here. I still hate Bowles more than Ted Bundy if that helps...

Ted Bundy still gets so much notoriety.  One night watching one of those serial killer programs... it brought up one I had forgotten about. 

Danny Rolling.

Living in Florida, what that guy did in Gainesville at UF only 12 years after Bundy at FSU... amazing how easy it was to forget about him.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
oof... 
 
 
66% of Mike Maccagnan’s picks are out of the league already. It’s MORE than just “every GM misses”
stop this BS. 
You Maccagnan apologists are crawling out of the woods like Jeremy Bates will soon be going back in them. Yeah the guy will have another chance but that doesn’t mean he deserves it.
If Sam ends up being a franchise qb than Macc will have gotten us our first one in what 50 years? Even if he was just throwing poop against the wall that in its own right give him one more year in my books. It is not about being appologetic it is about analizing what the guy has done from every angle. He will get another year and I hope he proves the haters wrong.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All Maccagnan needs to show me in the next draft is he understands OL is a need to any successful offense. Thats the only thing that chaps my ass about Macc. Last year I expected atleast 1 good lineman to be drafted yet he fcked that up again. If he gets us 2 starting caliber oL this year he's done about everything needed to get to the post season with a good HC.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

If Sam ends up being a franchise qb than Macc will have gotten us our first one in what 50 years? Even if he was just throwing poop against the wall that in its own right give him one more year in my books. It is not about being appologetic it is about analizing what the guy has done from every angle. He will get another year and I hope he proves the haters wrong.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

I am analyzing what he has done from every angle. And it’s down right fireable but yes, Maccagnan should stay because he lucked into one player. He still deserves the chance to ruin that player with the rest of his drafting. 

Am I right?

Maccagnan has to prove DA HATERZ WRONG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

No offense but imagine if you read these players names listed off on a post on a Dolphins or Bills message board. You’d laugh your ass off. 

That’s always my test when we are defending JAGs (like Geno): what would we say to dolphin fans defending same? I mean we mock tannehill, who is joe Montana against Geno and Sanchez.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who thinks Leonard Williams is a bum doesn't understand defensive Line. He is the only guy we have that demands a double team hence the success of Henry Anderson. Yes he isnt a sack artist but im sure with more dline help being another talented guy by his side he'd make a jump to the next level. A better dline coach and a DC that could scheme wouldnt hurt his production either.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jgb said:

That’s always my test when we are defending JAGs (like Geno): what would we say to dolphin fans defending same? I mean we mock tannehill, who is joe Montana against Geno and Sanchez.

He’s Joe Montana anyway...as long as Bowles can’t figure how to stop the complex playing style of Ryan Tannehill.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Anyone who thinks Leonard Williams is a bum doesn't understand defensive Line. He is the only guy we have that demands a double team hence the success of Henry Anderson. Yes he isnt a sack artist but im sure with more dline help being another talented guy by his side he'd make a jump to the next level. A better dline coach and a DC that could scheme wouldnt hurt his production either.

He hasn’t been double teamed like that this season. Cut the crap. His QB hits aren’t even there anymore. He’s been exposed multiple times for dogging it on plays. This crap where posters yell.. “HES ALWAYS DOUBLE TEAMED, WHAT CAN HE DO!?” is hilarious, man.

He hasn’t been double teamed extensively in a long time. Look at the All-22. Look at the numbers. It’s so false. You are a good poster...stop this man.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He hasn’t been double teamed like that this season. Cut the crap. His QB hits aren’t even there anymore. He’s been exposed multiple times for dogging it on plays. This crap where posters yell.. “HES ALWAYS DOUBLE TEAMED, WHAT CAN HE DO!?” is hilarious, man.

He hasn’t been double teamed extensively in a long time. Look at the All-22. Look at the numbers. It’s so false. You are a good poster...stop this man.

Yes he has underachieved for a 6th overall pick but this guy isnt a bum or he wouldn't have started 4 yrs straight. He can be better with more help in talent and coaching. Sheperd type busts arent gonna help him much. Anderson is twice the player Sheperd is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yes he has underachieved for a 6th overall pick but this guy isnt a bum or he wouldn't have started 4 yrs straight. He can be better with more help in talent and coaching. Sheperd type busts arent gonna help him much. Anderson is twice the player Sheperd is.

Williams ain’t no bum. He’s loafing a bit this year but Todd isn’t exactly the kind of coach to hold players to task. I’d be bitterly disappointed if we unload him this year would like to see him under a HC with gravitas.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Yes he has underachieved for a 6th overall pick but this guy isnt a bum or he wouldn't have started 4 yrs straight. He can be better with more help in talent and coaching. Sheperd type busts arent gonna help him much. Anderson is twice the player Sheperd is.

He’s a bum because he dogs it on plays just like Wilkerson did. All that size and power for nothing. He’s started 4 years because he has so much draft capital invested in him and he’s been just average enough to not be noticed or pulled. He doesn’t impact plays. Run or pass. He doesn’t do anything. 

You can throw any 300 pounder out there in his place and we would have the same record!

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s a bum because he dogs it on plays just like Wilkerson did. All that size and power for nothing. He’s started 4 years because he has so much draft capital invested in him and he’s been just average enough to not be noticed or pulled. He doesn’t impact plays. Run or pass. He doesn’t do anything. 

You can throw any 300 pounder out there in his place and we would have the same record!

He may take plays off (he clearly does) but there is no buzz about his brushing off meetings and being a malcontent poop-stirrer. Let’s see what he can do with a fresh staff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s a bum because he dogs it on plays just like Wilkerson did. All that size and power for nothing. He’s started 4 years because he has so much draft capital invested in him and he’s been just average enough to not be noticed or pulled. He doesn’t impact plays. Run or pass. He doesn’t do anything. 

You can throw any 300 pounder out there in his place and we would have the same record!

I blame Bowles for the dline sucking. Bowles is a buffoon when it comes to young players. Why hasnt he given Foley Fat or that Simon kid some playing time in the past  ? We obviously need more help. Simons already cut but we had him 3 yrs and Bowles never played tjis guy. We run a 34 and he cant get 2 young 6 ft 4 330 pound guys in there at NT? Why?? Oh but Mcclendon fits the scheme?? Bs!!!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

He may take plays off (he clearly does) but there is no buzz about his brushing off meetings and being a malcontent poop-stirrer. Let’s see what he can do with a fresh staff.

That, i’ll give him. He hasn’t done anything like that yet. He did say that he doesn’t know if he’ll sign back if Bowles is fired but i’ll just chalk it up to emotional talk. Something may be up with him. He threw a punch at a GB Packer. Very out of character for him, despite what I think of his play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I blame Bowles for the dline sucking. Bowles is a buffoon when it comes to young players. Why hasnt he given Foley Fat or that Simon kid some playing time in the past  ? We obviously need more help. Simons already cut but we had him 3 yrs and Bowles never played tjis guy. We run a 34 and he cant get 2 young 6 ft 4 330 pound guys in there at NT? Why?? Oh but Mcclendon fits the scheme?? Bs!!!

Sheldon and Mo puffed up and turded out under Bowles and Leo dragging out there. Bowles turned the heart and strength of this team into a hole. It’s on him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lee’s strong suit hasn’t come up enough. He’s gotten a few picks but it simply hasn’t overshadowed his god awful run support. I also wouldn’t call him excellent in coverage. He’s better in coverage. He still looks lost and caught in the wrong place on passing plays at times.

Lee has been used wrong, he should be rushing the qb with his speed not playing cb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

That, i’ll give him. He hasn’t done anything like that yet. He did say that he doesn’t know if he’ll sign back if Bowles is fired but i’ll just chalk it up to emotional talk. Something may be up with him. He threw a punch at a GB Packer. Very out of character for him, despite what I think of his play.

I got in a first fight with my brother at my grandmother’s house after losing two games of techmo bowl in a row.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...