Maccagnan Brownie Points

TNJet

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He hasn’t been double teamed like that this season. Cut the crap. His QB hits aren’t even there anymore. He’s been exposed multiple times for dogging it on plays. This crap where posters yell.. “HES ALWAYS DOUBLE TEAMED, WHAT CAN HE DO!?” is hilarious, man.

He hasn’t been double teamed extensively in a long time. Look at the All-22. Look at the numbers. It’s so false. You are a good poster...stop this man.

I bet it would surprise you that pff has Williams and Anderson rated almost as a tie 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

I bet it would surprise you that pff has Williams and Anderson rated almost as a tie 

I’m never going to post PFF grades again if that’s the case.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

We had a no bo rule, as did most people I’m guessing 

I turned into a beast with the 9ers and Rodger Craig because of that rule lol. We kept a NES through the PlayStation 2 era. Life changing for a millennial such as myself.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Leonard Williams

Darron Lee

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye 

Brandon Shell

Eli McGuire

Sam Darnold

Jordan Jenkins

Lac Edwards

Robby Anderson

Chris Herndon

Derrick Jones

Henry Anderson 

Avery Williamson

Jermaine Kearse

Trumaine Johnson

Andre Roberts

Jason Myers

These are guys he has brought in that in my opinion can help make us a playoff team. Factor in this years draft pick in the top 5 and all the cap space we have accumulated and I think its safe to say with a competent coaching staff we can make the playoffs in 2019 with a Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy etc. Macc has done more than enough to improve this roster. Lets not forget everyone has misses in the draft every year too not just us. ?

ANOTHER post where I need to get popcorn and a beer and just sit back and enjoy the entertainment!

BTW, he has failed in two of the three most important things to build in the draft....just sayin!

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m never going to post PFF grades again if that’s the case.

I like Anderson, but he's definitely getting overrated around here lately, after an admittedly very good run the past few weeks.  But let's not forget, before this recent stretch, the guy had totally disappeared for about half the season.

35 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s a bum because he dogs it on plays just like Wilkerson did. All that size and power for nothing. He’s started 4 years because he has so much draft capital invested in him and he’s been just average enough to not be noticed or pulled. He doesn’t impact plays. Run or pass. He doesn’t do anything. 

You can throw any 300 pounder out there in his place and we would have the same record!

Hell, we kept Hackenberg for two years, two years too long.  Mac is a black hole who draws bums into the Jet facility.  A couple of outliers doesn't cover up the smell of the GM's poor choices.

TNJet must have been playing truth or dare and took the dare to start this thread.

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Ansolutely agree. Lee should be a standup outside lb. Nuff said.

That could not possibly be a worse idea.  Lee's ability as a rusher is based on hitting the holes as a blitzer, and never taking on anyone beyond a RB.  As an OLB he'd get matched up against OTs and get absolutely destroyed.  He's 230lbs and has not shown a single rush move in his arsenal.  The attempted touting of some of these guys are based on some serious works of fiction.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

If Sam ends up being a franchise qb than Macc will have gotten us our first one in what 50 years? Even if he was just throwing poop against the wall that in its own right give him one more year in my books. It is not about being appologetic it is about analizing what the guy has done from every angle. He will get another year and I hope he proves the haters wrong.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bum with little to no impact on the game

Tiny LB who gets flushed out of a ton of plays

The GOAT — but still a safety.

Seriously, what has Maye proven? He’s decent but can’t stay healthy. Not worth the 2nd round pick.

My man, did you really just list an average RT?

OK this Eli hype is officially aggravating me. 3.2 YPC dude. He can be a poor man’s Bilal Powell.

Literally the only player on this list that matters besides Robby.

Calvin Pace led us to back to back AFC Championships so this makes sense.

Ok now you are just picking names out of a hat.

Player that matters #2

Promising TE. We’ll see where year 2 takes us first though.

Why....

Solid DL.

Solid MLB

He’s been invisible all year and he won’t even be with the team next year.

oof... 

66% of Mike Maccagnan’s picks are out of the league already. It’s MORE than just “every GM misses”

stop this BS. 

You Maccagnan apologists are crawling out of the woods like Jeremy Bates will soon be going back in them. Yeah the guy will have another chance but that doesn’t mean he deserves it.

^^ this one's infected.

12 hours ago, TNJet said:

Leonard Williams

Darron Lee

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye 

Brandon Shell

Eli McGuire

Sam Darnold

Jordan Jenkins

Lac Edwards

Robby Anderson

Chris Herndon

Derrick Jones

Henry Anderson 

Avery Williamson

Jermaine Kearse

Trumaine Johnson

Andre Roberts

Jason Myers

Now to play a new game:

Devin Smith

Lorenzo Mauldin

Bryce Petty

Deon Simon

Christian Hackenberg

Justin Burris

Ardarius Stewart

Chad Hansen

Dylan Donohue

Darrelle Revis

Buster Skrine

Antonio Cromartie

Steven Ridley

Marcus Gilchrist

Matt Forte

Ryan Clady (desperation move because no contingency plan for D'Brick)

Ryan Fitzpatrick (resigning)

Mo Wilkerson (HUGE contract)

Damon Harrison (Letting him go to sign Mo)

Spencer Long

Travis Swanson

NOT sure why you have Trumaine Johnson on the YEAH list....he has played like sh*t for most of the year.

NOT sure why you have Marcus Maye on the YEAH list...he has been hurt for almost a 1/3 of the games he is eligible for, and considering we drafted a Safety with the first pick and there were RB, T, G, C, and LB's all worth taking, and all positions of need.....

He has done NOTHING to build the offensive line in 4 years....NOTHING.  You cannot ignore your trenches for four years and expect to get a pat on the back.

He has used some draft capital, but so far has found nothing to build a pass rush.

He found a franchise QB.  He gets credit for it in my book;  However, I think he was lucky he got the one he did.  Had the Giants gone Darnold like we all figured they would, we would be looking at Josh Rosen or Josh Allen, and that would NOT be good.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I notice you dissaprove Lee who is excellent in coverage and is subpar in run support, but approve of Williamson who is subpar in coverage but good in run support.

What is the reason behind that?

ILBs are generally expected to stop the run and hope you don;t get killed in coverage.  Look at any higlight and any time a Rb is up against anyone it is a 'mismatch'.

Our faulty system uses a safety to come up and stop the run and an ilb to cover.

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This relates to one of the most often used and most fallible line in football.  "He is a guy to build around."

A smart gm builds while looking for the star player so he is not totally screwed in his 1st few years.  Mac did NOTHING to effectively build the offense before we got the QB.

Lee’s strong suit hasn’t come up enough. He’s gotten a few picks but it simply hasn’t overshadowed his god awful run support. I also wouldn’t call him excellent in coverage. He’s better in coverage. He still looks lost and caught in the wrong place on passing plays at times.

Lee is ranked third among NFL LBs in pass coverage by PFF. He’s ranked below average in run defense, with a score of 55. Overall, he is ranked 22 for total defense among all LBs. If not for the substance abuse issue, I would consider him a net positive draft pick. 

Lee’s strong suit hasn’t come up enough. He’s gotten a few picks but it simply hasn’t overshadowed his god awful run support. I also wouldn’t call him excellent in coverage. He’s better in coverage. He still looks lost and caught in the wrong place on passing plays at times.

Nah, he's excellent in coverage.  I believe PFF has him ranked around 2nd or 3rd in coverage.  

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Leonard Williams

Darron Lee

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye 

Brandon Shell

Eli McGuire

Sam Darnold

Jordan Jenkins

Lac Edwards

Robby Anderson

Chris Herndon

Derrick Jones

Henry Anderson 

Avery Williamson

Jermaine Kearse

Trumaine Johnson

Andre Roberts

Jason Myers

These are guys he has brought in that in my opinion can help make us a playoff team. Factor in this years draft pick in the top 5 and all the cap space we have accumulated and I think its safe to say with a competent coaching staff we can make the playoffs in 2019 with a Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy etc. Macc has done more than enough to improve this roster. Lets not forget everyone has misses in the draft every year too not just us. ?

The only thing I can say about that list collectively is that ALL deserve to be rostered on an NFL team.  However, it really is a mixed bag and the one point I have a hard time with in your post is when you say they, "can help make us a playoff team."

On the high end you've got a Pro Bowler in Adams, a promising potential franchise QB in Darnold and several above average guys like Leonard Williams, Lac Edwards and maybe Herndon.  The rest are a mix of average guys and several who should probably be backups and definitely wouldn't start on a lot of other NFL teams like Kearse, Derrick Jones, McGuire, etc.

This thread could have easily just been titled, "A bunch of dudes currently on the Jets."

Yes he has underachieved for a 6th overall pick but this guy isnt a bum or he wouldn't have started 4 yrs straight. He can be better with more help in talent and coaching. Sheperd type busts arent gonna help him much. Anderson is twice the player Sheperd is.

Starting 4 years straight shouldn’t be considered an accomplishment. It’s more of a reflection of the lack of talent on the defense than anything Williams has accomplished.

He’s a disappointment at best. Bust at worst.

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Anyone who thinks Leonard Williams is a bum doesn't understand defensive Line. He is the only guy we have that demands a double team hence the success of Henry Anderson. Yes he isnt a sack artist but im sure with more dline help being another talented guy by his side he'd make a jump to the next level. A better dline coach and a DC that could scheme wouldnt hurt his production either.

He's an "Artist", all right.  Six more guys on the D-line should help, so Leo can stand aside and observe the way he does now. Best jump he could make might be to another team.  #2 draft pick would be nice.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

HThat could not possibly be a worse idea.  Lee's ability as a rusher is based on hitting the holes as a blitzer, and never taking on anyone beyond a RB.  As an OLB he'd get matched up against OTs and get absolutely destroyed.  He's 230lbs and has not shown a single rush move in his arsenal.  The attempted touting of some of these guys are based on some serious works of fiction.

He'd get stopped dead in his tracks, or run off the edge on every play.  Bet on it.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

ILBs are generally expected to stop the run and hope you don;t get killed in coverage.  Look at any higlight and any time a Rb is up against anyone it is a 'mismatch'.

Our faulty system uses a safety to come up and stop the run and an ilb to cover.

By " mismatch" I assume you mean big gain, first down, or touchdown.  Don't forget the slot receivers and tight ends.  The "coverage" against anyone who gets off the line of scrimmage against this defense is  laughable.  Don't even "attempt" to jam anyone at the line of scrimmage.  Just a free for all Jailbreak.. Sure,  this Defensive Genius will get another gig "real soon", don't bet on it.

It’s worth going back to 2015.  We’ve had multiple high first round picks and 100s of millions of dollars in FA money.  Any idiot of the street can sign 5 big names FAs to ridiculous contracts and output more net talent than what’s listed above.  I mean Darnold, Adams and Leonard are such easy and obvious picks it’s not even a credit to the GM.

What’s really criminal is that only Darnold and Adams are what you would consider real blue chip talent at this point, and I’d say only Adams is really a proven commodity in this league.  Everything else have question marks about longevity, injury, true talent level or questions about  production levels.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

1 out of last 20 SB winners had a QB on a rookie deal so this guy has a point...

You are pulling this out of your ass. Brady in 01, Roethlisberger in 05, Manning in 07, Flacco in 12, Wilson in 13, Wentz in 17. 

Archived