Maccagnan Brownie Points

TNJet

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

You are pulling this out of your ass. Brady in 01, Roethlisberger in 05, Manning in 07, Flacco in 12, Wilson in 13, Wentz in 17. 

Wentz didn't win a SB...  

I was informed anything before 2011 doesn't count.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Wentz was an MVP candidate before he got hurt. Eagles would not have been in such good position for the postseason without his play.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

quit while you're ahead.. the post above is worse than being wrong about Flacco being in the 5th year of his rookie deal.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You’ll go to bed smiling for how much you owned those Macc haters. Like every night.

only eyeballing the last 20 SB winners for 5 seconds should tell you how much effort I put into "owning Macc haters".  Most times I just cringe and legit feel bad for some of the posts I see..

anyway off to dream about all the owning I did today..  adios.

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

Leonard Williams

Darron Lee

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye 

Brandon Shell

Eli McGuire

Sam Darnold

Jordan Jenkins

Lac Edwards

Robby Anderson

Chris Herndon

Derrick Jones

Henry Anderson 

Avery Williamson

Jermaine Kearse

Trumaine Johnson

Andre Roberts

Jason Myers

These are guys he has brought in that in my opinion can help make us a playoff team. Factor in this years draft pick in the top 5 and all the cap space we have accumulated and I think its safe to say with a competent coaching staff we can make the playoffs in 2019 with a Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy etc. Macc has done more than enough to improve this roster. Lets not forget everyone has misses in the draft every year too not just us. ?

Mac is smart, assemble a roster so bad every year, you get a sweet top 10 can’t miss draft pick ?‍♂️ Wow, some real losers on this fan base, who accepts being just a hair above the worst team in nfl every yr

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

only eyeballing the last 20 SB winners for 5 seconds should tell you how much effort I put into "owning Macc haters".  Most times I just cringe and legit feel bad for some of the posts I see..

So are you saying that you actually proof-read your own posts?

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

You owning Mac haters? ?You are 1 delusional homer ?‍♂️

7 hours ago, TNJet said:

Leonard Williams

Darron Lee

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye 

Brandon Shell

Eli McGuire

Sam Darnold

Jordan Jenkins

Lac Edwards

Robby Anderson

Chris Herndon

Derrick Jones

Henry Anderson 

Avery Williamson

Jermaine Kearse

Trumaine Johnson

Andre Roberts

Jason Myers

These are guys he has brought in that in my opinion can help make us a playoff team. Factor in this years draft pick in the top 5 and all the cap space we have accumulated and I think its safe to say with a competent coaching staff we can make the playoffs in 2019 with a Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy etc. Macc has done more than enough to improve this roster. Lets not forget everyone has misses in the draft every year too not just us. ?

Leonard Williams    unachiever

Darron Lee     BUST

Jamal Adams    Wannabe  big mouth

Marcus Maye      Potential but dumb pick and injury prone

Brandon Shell    Depth at best

Eli McGuire         JAG

Sam Darnold       Every dog has his day

Jordan Jenkins    JAG limited

Lac Edwards         A punter Whoopi’s

Robby Anderson   Todd found this guy NOT Mac

Chris Herndon       Mac’s only success 

Derrick Jones         Who?

Henry Anderson      B+ FA agent.  But what about all the others - Eeee gatz 

Avery Williamson   Good find 

Jermaine Kearse     Pullllesse

Trumaine Johnson    Worst FA signing in NFL this past year

Andre Roberts   Good signing

Jason Myers.      Good signing

Reality. What a Concept.

It's often said that games are won and lost in the trenches.

DL, fair enough, some decent talent
OL, one guy drafted who has developed into an OK right tackle ... other than that, JAGs galore.

Macc's biggest failing, in my book, is the OL. It's not even like he's swung and missed, he just doesn't seem to consider it - and that is most worrying.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Since 2015 draft

Jets drafted 29 players - 17 played in 2018 - 59%

Pats drafted 33 players - 22 played in 2018 - 67%

The draft is a crapshoot when 8% separates the best from the worst.

I'd argue it's proportionally harder to crack an established successful line-up than one that has done zero in the same time frame.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

It's often said that games are won and lost in the trenches.

DL, fair enough, some decent talent
OL, one guy drafted who has developed into an OK right tackle ... other than that, JAGs galore.

Macc's biggest failing, in my book, is the OL. It's not even like he's swung and missed, he just doesn't seem to consider it - and that is most worrying.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I wonder if he thought that it wasn’t worth investing in until he got his franchise qb.  Of course if he ignores the position again this offseason that will answer this question.

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans are some of the toughest out there. That’s what being deprived of a super bowl win since 69 will do but also sometimes irrationally impatient. I agree mac has done to me a slightly better then average Job, but also had a lot of misses and weird things like ummm hackenberg? Bowles gotta go, I’m ok with mac staying another year. Remember his trade basically got us darnold 

In 4 years, he took a 4-12 team to 4-12.  His drafts have resulted in the least active NFL players of any GM over that time period, and that is with typically high picks.

So, if that is impatient, what would patient be?

And, if that is “above average,” what would “bad” be?

He did make a trade that resulted in Sam Darnold, but the Darnold part was luck.  If he really was all-in on Darnold, he should have gone to 1.  We could just as easily have Allen/Rosen right now.

59 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Since 2015 draft

And the jets are picking near the very top of each round, Patriots are picking at very bottom.. So Mac has a advantage in the draft, and he still blows.

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Since 2015 draft

18 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I'd argue it's proportionally harder to crack an established successful line-up than one that has done zero in the same time frame.

This, it is significantly easier to make the Jets 4-12 roster than it is to make the Pats 12-4 roster.

Also, 8% isn’t all that small.  It’s 5 players.  You don’t think we’d benefit from an additional 5 players?

Lastly, the Jets picked at the top of rounds and still have done the worst.  Imagine what it might be like if it were harder...

10 hours ago, Pac said:

1 out of last 20 SB winners had a QB on a rookie deal so this guy has a point...

Wilson, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Brady (x2), Warner, and I'd also count Wentz. 

In recent years, Wilson made to the big game a second time, and other QBs on a rookie deal who made it there but lost include Kaepernick, Newton, and Grossman. 

But yeah, one. 

Count that up. More than half of the QBs who appeared in the last 20 Super Bowls were on their rookie deals. 

47 minutes ago, slats said:

Wilson, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Brady (x2), Warner, and I'd also count Wentz. 

In recent years, Wilson made to the big game a second time, and other QBs on a rookie deal who made it there but lost include Kaepernick, Newton, and Grossman. 

But yeah, one. 

Count that up. More than half of the QBs who appeared in the last 20 Super Bowls were on their rookie deals. 

Yes incidental exaggeration was called already..  I was penalized 15 butt fumbles.  On to the next post.

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I notice you dissaprove Lee who is excellent in coverage and is subpar in run support, but approve of Williamson who is subpar in coverage but good in run support.

What is the reason behind that?

Post-OSU Lee is excellent at nothing except combine drills.

His supposedly wonderful excellence in coverage was chiefly based upon one game vs the Lions when the terrible HC had the team successfully steal the opponents' offensive signals. We knew the plays before the ball was snapped and then Lee had his one and only elite game.

Being that was week 1, that game had him as selectively-quoted PFF's #1 LB or ILB right from the start. But because he had so many plays (picks/PDs) it carried over for a long time with a disproportionate impact on the mean, like a QB who had a perfect QB rating one game or a single 6-TD game, or a RB with a single monster game among mostly-trash weeks.

Since then he slowly worked his way out of the top 20 including that game. Since knowing the opponent's plays pre-snap is not a repeatable act, he should be chiefly judged on the games since then, and it's doubtful he's even in the top 40-50.

Oh, and also he's mental. 

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

His supposedly wonderful excellence in coverage was chiefly based upon one game vs the Lions when the terrible HC had the team successfully steal the opponents' offensive signals. We knew the plays before the ball was snapped and then Lee had his one and only elite game.

Being that was week 1, that game had him as selectively-quoted PFF's #1 LB or ILB right from the start. But because he had so many plays (picks/PDs) it carried over for a long time with a disproportionate impact on the mean, like a QB who had a perfect QB rating one game or a single 6-TD game, or a RB with a single monster game among mostly-trash weeks.

Since then he slowly worked his way out of the top 20 including that game. Since knowing the opponent's plays pre-snap is not a repeatable act, he should be chiefly judged on the games since then, and it's doubtful he's even in the top 40-50.

Lee can catch the ball thrown TO HIM. Otherwise he is useless.

BRADY took him out, FFS!!

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Can’t agree with you more Sperm

Darron Lee is AWFUL.  Get him and Skrine out of here

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I disagree.  Thanks for the thoughts. I enjoy your stuff.

For what it's worth, I'm not s huge PFF grades person, but according to them, the scenario in which you explain his "high grade" is not how their grading system works.  One individual great game should not skew their overall season grade like that.  According to their website at least.

Darron Lee is not the Hill I'm choosing to fight and die on, by any means.

13 hours ago, TNJet said:

Maccagnan > Bowles ?

hmmm....maybe but on the other hand when bowles had a qb who was playing well and some decent receivers like in 2015 the team did play pretty well.  but then you look at the things when the defense gave up leads or the poor clock management or even the uninspiring play calling and maybe mac is better than bowles.  mac needs to nail a couple of drafts and make some good free agent pickups before he should get any real accolades.

Archived