Quinnen Williams

Jet_Engine1

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

If Maccagnan drafts Q. Williams at 3 it would just reinforce that Maccagnan has zero feel for what moves the needle for an NFL football team.  This franchise has drafted non-impact interior defensive linemen year after year and still after all that draft capital being spent, has done nothing to advance this franchise.  It’s maddening.   There needs to be an infusion of skill and talent and players capable of making plays in a week in week out basis. .   

Heres my “move the needle” offensive draft plan:

Rnd 1.   DK Metcalf, WR Ole Miss

Rnd 3.   Riley Ridley, WR Georgia

Rnd 3.  Max Scharping OT Norther Illinois.  

Rnd 4.  Erik McCoy, C  Texas A&M

Rnd 5.  Trayvon Williams RB. Texas A&M

Rnd 6.  Josh Oliver TE  San Jose State

Rnd 7.   Nik Needam CB UTEP

I would give anything to scream that in Macc’s ear. 

Also, your draft? 

giphy.gif.14a01d180add51bf8379378bf92f5390.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I would give anything to scream that in Macc’s ear. 

Also, your draft? 

giphy.gif.14a01d180add51bf8379378bf92f5390.gif

If you add a Metcalf and Ridley to Enunwa, Anderson and Burnette, you FINALLY have a complete and complimentary WR group.  You have a dynamic X in Metcalf, a volume guy in Ridley, a move the chain banger in Enunwa, deep/speed guy in Anderson, and a slot guy in Burnette.  Add Herndon and a dual threat RB and you have a legitimate offense.   All by just using a few draft picks at the right time.   

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

If you add a Metcalf and Ridley to Enunwa, Anderson and Burnette, you FINALLY have a complete and complimentary WR group.  You have a dynamic X in Metcalf, a volume guy in Ridley, a move the chain banger in Enunwa, deep/speed guy in Anderson, and a slot guy in Burnette.  Add Herndon and a dual threat RB and you have a legitimate offense.   All by just using a few draft picks at the right time.   

I would totally support that. I think you could actually let Robbie Anderson go after this next season if that was the case. Metcalf is probably going to need a year of grooming at split end, and going into 2020 I think we could let Anderson go and lean on the triage of Ridley Metcalf and Enunwa 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I would totally support that. I think you could actually let Robbie Anderson go after this next season if that was the case. Metcalf is probably going to need a year of grooming at split end, and going into 2020 I think we could let Anderson go and lean on the triage of Ridley Metcalf and Enunwa 

Agreed.  You would also have some decent depth for the first time so when Enunwa takes his annual trip to the inactive list, you aren’t crippled and relying on guys like Peake, Roberts and some refugee from the streets to play WR.   

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

So, let me see if I have this straight.  We have a young QB.  And you are suggesting surrounding him with weapons.  And drafting a couple of linemen to protect him.  Instead of upgrading the interior DL.  What kind of crazy talk is that???

But seriously, we have not had depth at the WR position like you outline above in, like forever.  I just hope Macc is thinking the way you are.  I am so tired of watching offenses where it is an accomplishment to get to 3rd and manageable.  How bout we get some weapons and actually try to score a lot points.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

So, let me see if I have this straight.  We have a young QB.  And you are suggesting surrounding him with weapons.  And drafting a couple of linemen to protect him.  Instead of upgrading the interior DL.  What kind of crazy talk is that???

But seriously, we have not had depth at the WR position like you outline above in, like forever.  I just hope Macc is thinking the way you are.  I am so tired of watching offenses where it is an accomplishment to get to 3rd and manageable.  How bout we get some weapons and actually try to score a lot points.

It all sounds like common sense right?  But it’s been lost on Maccagnan.  Hope he sees the light soon.  

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, derp said:

I think free agency and trades with the quarterbacks may shed a little light on needs there - although I’m not sure anyone is going to make a team think they don’t need to draft one. Maybe Foles given what it’ll likely take to get him.

To me, barring trades, some combo of Bosa/Allen going 1/2 makes the most sense. Might turn out differently if Bosa’s injury lingers, Williams is a freak athlete, Arizona goes QB, or obviously a trade. Still a long way to go.

If it’s Bosa/Allen I think the move has to be a trade down. Think there are two scenarios there. Multiple teams want to leapfrog the Raiders who are an absolute wildcard and get their choice of the QB’s, in which case maybe you get a good return.

Or you take less in a trade just to pick up the extra pick. Team desperately needs pieces and I think that top tier of the draft is Bosa/Allen. Does anybody really feel all that much better about taking Williams than Oliver/Gary and having an extra day two pick - or preferably not a DT at all? Think they can move down several spots and remain in the same tier - particularly a quarterback run starts.

That said, Bosa honestly lines up most with what Macc has done towards the top of the draft. Big time favorite of public scouting community, on top of most boards. I definitely think there are scenarios he falls to 3 between his injury and Allen having awesome SEC production and likely killing the combine.

I agree 100%. Well, almost. 

Certainly there are multiple scenarios where the Jets could have an opportunity to trade down. And yes, its possible Bosa drops to #3. But I truly think both scenarios (Bosa sliding and Jets moving down) are unlikely. If Bosa and Allen go 1 and 2, I would not be at all surprised if the Jets take the best player on the board at 3. To me, that is easily Q.Williams. And it would make sense. 

With the Jets presumably moving to a 4-3, I think G.Williams would love to move L.Williams to DT and draft Q.Williams to play next to him. That is a dominant pair on the interior. 

The Jets are likely to go after one of the Pass Rushers in FA (Flowers, Fowler, Clark, etc.) and should try to re-sign H.Anderson to a cap-friendly deal. Anderson had a great year and showed that he can be a productive pass rusher. 

H.Anderson, Q, Leo, Flowers/Fowler/Clark is a nightmare D-line for opposing Offensive lines. One that can come at the QB from the edge or from the inside and can shut down the run. 

26 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Certainly there are multiple scenarios where the Jets could have an opportunity to trade down. And yes, its possible Bosa drops to #3. But I truly think both scenarios (Bosa sliding and Jets moving down) are unlikely. If Bosa and Allen go 1 and 2, I would not be at all surprised if the Jets take the best player on the board at 3. To me, that is easily Q.Williams. And it would make sense. 

With the Jets presumably moving to a 4-3, I think G.Williams would love to move L.Williams to DT and draft Q.Williams to play next to him. That is a dominant pair on the interior. 

The Jets are likely to go after one of the Pass Rushers in FA (Flowers, Fowler, Clark, etc.) and should try to re-sign H.Anderson to a cap-friendly deal. Anderson had a great year and showed that he can be a productive pass rusher. 

H.Anderson, Q, Leo, Flowers/Fowler/Clark is a nightmare D-line for opposing Offensive lines. One that can come at the QB from the edge or from the inside and can shut down the run. 

Fck Q Williams. 

9 hours ago, PepPep said:

I get where you’re coming from but I don’t think Anderson gets re signed, not a great fit in the 4-3, and I don’t know how much more the Jets need to invest in defensive tackles. Williams, Pennell, Shepherd, and Fatukasi should be plenty to run a 4-3.

That line you described also has three defensive tackles in a 4-3 and one defensive end. They need to focus on adding ends, not tackles.

Also think the gap between Williams and Oliver/Gary is small. Small enough not to justify taking Williams at 3.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 11:34 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Phuuuck. That guy has been a monster and has dominated......DOMINATED SEC O lines. He has surpassed Ed Oliver as best Interior Pass Rusher, and I love Olivers game, but hes a bit small for interior D line imo.

I know, I know, we have to build the Offense around Darnold. We need O line desperately. But if Jonah Williams grades out as a OG/RT, and we cant trade back, do they reach for Jonah anyway, or take a guy that looks like Aaron freakin' Donald? 

I like Josh Allen, but Dee Ford may be available, and a front of Ford, Leo, Quinnen, etc in the front 7 could be a monster D. 

I know. DT. Again. Stupid. LOL, but that kid looks filthy, type of guy that would put up double digit sacks from the interior routinely. Type of player that wrecks game plans.

Or maybe we can just beat the Pats and take him out of the equation, because hes a top 3 pick imo.

You're an idiot. A DT? Seriously? WTF is wrong with you, man? 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You're an idiot. A DT? Seriously? WTF is wrong with you, man? 

Is this to be considered JetEngine1A?, cause if it is then my money's with the "original",  JetEngine1.  You realize the original is always the best.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:
  On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:34 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Phuuuck. That guy has been a monster and has dominated......DOMINATED SEC O lines. He has surpassed Ed Oliver as best Interior Pass Rusher, and I love Olivers game, but hes a bit small for interior D line imo.

I know, I know, we have to build the Offense around Darnold. We need O line desperately. But if Jonah Williams grades out as a OG/RT, and we cant trade back, do they reach for Jonah anyway, or take a guy that looks like Aaron freakin' Donald? 

I like Josh Allen, but Dee Ford may be available, and a front of Ford, Leo, Quinnen, etc in the front 7 could be a monster D. 

I know. DT. Again. Stupid. LOL, but that kid looks filthy, type of guy that would put up double digit sacks from the interior routinely. Type of player that wrecks game plans.

Just a reminder of words spoken by an intelligent astute observer of Football.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:27 PM, sec101row23 said:

It all sounds like common sense right?  But it’s been lost on Maccagnan.  Hope he sees the light soon.  

While Im all for investing in the Oline, I dont think spending 2 top 50 picks on WRs is smart.  We have a generational talent at QB, who will make the players around him better.  Plus we now have a coach, who for the first time in 8 years will have an actual plan on offense to scheme people open.

If we want to pay Bell, or preferably Tevin Coleman - great, we have the space.  But defense still matters in the NFL and while I dont necessarily want Wiliams, a player like Josh Allen is a very smart use of a top 3 pick.

Id rather look at defense and Oline, and then take a player like Isabella in a later round to add speed to the offense. 

29 minutes ago, BCJet said:

While Im all for investing in the Oline, I dont think spending 2 top 50 picks on WRs is smart.  We have a generational talent at QB, who will make the players around him better.  Plus we now have a coach, who for the first time in 8 years will have an actual plan on offense to scheme people open.

If we want to pay Bell, or preferably Tevin Coleman - great, we have the space.  But defense still matters in the NFL and while I dont necessarily want Wiliams, a player like Josh Allen is a very smart use of a top 3 pick.

Id rather look at defense and Oline, and then take a player like Isabella in a later round to add speed to the offense. 

If Andy Isabella is the WR that Maccagnan walks away with from this draft, then he has failed miserably again.  This fallacy of “scheming open” WRs needs to stop.  You need guys who can beat their man and go up and catch the ball.  You can’t roll out a bunch of jags and street FAs and say “hey coach, scheme them open”.   It’s a failed approach.  I cringe every time I hear this line of thinking.  

If Andy Isabella is the WR that Maccagnan walks away with from this draft, then he has failed miserably again.  This fallacy of “scheming open” WRs needs to stop.  You need guys who can beat their man and go up and catch the ball.  You can’t roll out a bunch of jags and street FAs and say “hey coach, scheme them open”.   It’s a failed approach.  I cringe every time I hear this line of thinking.  

So I guess the Bears game breakers like Taylor Gabriel and Allen Robinson suddenly became top end talents in 2018, and Matt Nagy had nothing to do with it.

If we want to take someone like DK Metcalf in the 3rd round, sure, but there are no elite level WRs in this class worth taking before then

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

So I guess the Bears game breakers like Taylor Gabriel and Allen Robinson suddenly became top end talents in 2018, and Matt Nagy had nothing to do with it.

If we want to take someone like DK Metcalf in the 3rd round, sure, but there are no elite level WRs in this class worth taking before then

Oh my.  

On 1/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, sec101row23 said:

I’ll say this now, there is no circumstance in where I can happily draft Quinnen Williams this year.  Not saying he isn’t a good prospect, just that I can’t stomach another interior defensive lineman with a premium pick.  Maybe he can be Aaron Donald, maybe not, chances are he won’t be.  Donald is exceptional, I don’t see that with Quinnnen.   I would MUCH rather roll the dice on other positions of greater need and greater upside.  

Im willing to bet $100, that if we don't trade down, Gary or Ferrill will be the pick. Greg Williams will look at the tape, and convince the Jets brass he can turn Gary, especially into a star

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Im willing to bet $100, that if we don't trade down, Gary or Ferrill will be the pick. Greg Williams will look at the tape, and convince the Jets brass he can turn Gary, especially into a star

I just can’t get on board with any of these interior D-linemen at 3.  Settling for Ferrell at 3 wouldn’t feel great either.  

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I just can’t get on board with any of these interior D-linemen at 3.  Settling for Ferrell at 3 wouldn’t feel great either.  

I hear what you are saying, but as much of an offensive league as the NFL is, it's almost eerie that 15 of the top 25 guys in the PFF top 101 are defense, and lots of the top 15 guys are edge/ interior guys.

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

I hear what you are saying, but as much of an offensive league as the NFL is, it's almost eerie that 15 of the top 25 guys in the PFF top 101 are defense, and lots of the top 15 guys are edge/ interior guys.

It would interesting to see the hit rate on edge/pentrating sack oriented interior lineman. I suspect it is very very low.

The Jets have shown that drafting lineman that do not have high sack numbers is a complete waste. I am not convinced edge is as important as people make it today. Nor are first round DL. Now if you are convinced you are getting Mack or Donald. go for it but if you think they will be Wilkerson, Coples, Williams etc....hard pass.

32 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It's a conundrum. If we can't trade down, they might be our best bets. Metcalf at #3. No. Jonah at #3. No. With a 4-3, we need to draft an end somewhere.

4 minutes ago, genot said:

It's a conundrum. If we can't trade down, they might be our best bets. Metcalf at #3. No. Jonah at #3. No. With a 4-3, we need to draft an end somewhere.

How is Ferrell a consideration at 3 and not Metcalf?   I’d be extremely careful selecting Ferrell that high and expecting him to be an impact edge rusher.   

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

How is Ferrell a consideration at 3 and not Metcalf?   I’d be extremely careful selecting Ferrell that high and expecting him to be an impact edge rusher.   

Injury concerns with Metcalf. I agree, that Ferrell at #3 is a reach. Ferrell and Gary are the only natural ends you can justify drafting in the top #10. I said, it's a  difficult choice if we can't trade down,

13 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Metcalf is a tall WR who used his size to his advantage in college.  He doesnt have top level speed and is coming off an injury.

How is he an elite prospect?

If you think that Metcalf is only about size then I don’t know what to say to you.  It’s a pretty futile discussion from there.   

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

If you think that Metcalf is only about size then I don’t know what to say to you.  It’s a pretty futile discussion from there.   

I quickly read up on him and watched his "highlights" the first 1:30 out of 3 mins were 2 long catches that he just ran straight down the field.

Walterfootball has him at pick 48 in the second round and Tony Paulines site has him with a 3/4 round grade. 

So again - not sure how a WR with an injury history (foot as a freshman plus this year) is in play for the 3rd overall pick

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

I quickly read up on him and watched his "highlights" the first 1:30 out of 3 mins were 2 long catches that he just ran straight down the field.

Walterfootball has him at pick 48 in the second round and Tony Paulines site has him with a 3/4 round grade. 

So again - not sure how a WR with an injury history (foot as a freshman plus this year) is in play for the 3rd overall pick

Lol...so that settles it then.  

Besides, your entire premise is completely wrong.  You can’t simply rely on Gase to scheme receivers open, it’s silly to think so. Your example of Nagy and the Bears doesn’t support what you say either.    There needs to be talent.  Again, if Isabella is the WR Maccagnan walks away with, he’s failed.   

Lol...so that settles it then.  

Besides, your entire premise is completely wrong.  You can’t simply rely on Gase to scheme receivers open, it’s silly to think so. Your example of Nagy and the Bears doesn’t support what you say either.    There needs to be talent.  Again, if Isabella is the WR Maccagnan walks away with, he’s failed.   

So Nagy didnt have a significant  influence on the Bears offense?  Do you have an actual point are you just saying Im wrong?  Im not saying you can put 4 mediocre players at WR and except the offense to be good.  Im saying that a good coach, which I believe we have, and a QB with an elite ceiling (which I also believe we have) will make good WRs great and avg WRs good.

We have talent on offense.  Robbys last 4 games when Sam had a center with 2 working hands 23-336 and 3 TDs, thats a talented player.

Archived