Enunwa Extended

southtown24th

Well.....lets hope he can finally stay healthy, then. 

Hope the $$$ are pretty low tbqh.  Resume to-date doesn't warrant a big $$ deal.

I also hope this doesn't get in the way of material attempts to upgrade the WR position.  That's my biggest fear of Enunwa/Anderlols, that our GM, and his track record of failing badly at drafting WR's, will say "good enough" just by retaining Enunwa and Anderson and maybe throwing a few more spare parts and castoffs at the unit.

EDIT:  Nope, we overpaid.  Which means Macc DOES see him as the #1/#2 with Anderson.  :-k

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

The GM isn't on his way out. 

We should all get used to that idea, like it or not.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Macc is here.

This extension leads me to believe Bowles is too.  If Macc was gonna hire a new coach and staff, wouldn't he want their input on what players to keep n so on for their system?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mike135 said:

This extension leads me to believe Bowles is too.  If Macc was gonna hire a new coach and staff, wouldn't he want their input on what players to keep n so on for their system? 

Enunwa has been here for 2 different regimes.  My guess is they felt keeping him transcended any other decisions yet to come this offseason. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

No, it means Maccagnan is finally acting like a GM and getting the players HE wants.  The coach will coach the players the GM picks. 

Its about time

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It’s more important To extend Anderson. But a maximum average of 9 million isn’t bad especially if the guarantee is around $20 million. 

This makes me think Macc is coming back.

That's a lot for a guy like Enunwa even if he was healthy, but I could live with it.  but to give a guy that can't stay on the field that much money is a very bad decision.

With that said, we don't have the specific details on how it's set up so I'll fully reserve judgement.

• Upvote 1

I really think this is a great deal for the Jets.  Like someone above said, the AR market is insane with whats being given out.  I think this is something that is fair to both Quincy and the organization.

A huge piece also shows we are taking care of our own if you play hard.  He has had quite a few injuries, but Quincy always seems to play hard, and I don't think anyone has ever said anything negative about him.

Love the move.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

You keep this up, prove to me all these moves you speak of were not all Bowles.   Prove it. 

Bowkes has so much power I think a ton of the picks and signings were all Bowles.  

If all of our moves were Bowles-initiated, that speaks even WORSE about Macc.  You realize that, right?

The HC has no time to be making decisions on who to draft and sign.  He can't scout the league or the college ranks while preparing for a season or game.  If Macc was deferring to Bowles this whole time, that means Macc is a spineless coward who also can't evaluate talent.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1