Enunwa Extended

southtown24th

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

11 games in the last two years including a serious neck injury.

I totally get it man. I’m not ok with Q being our 1 or even 2 given his injury history. He’s a #3/depth/guy that puts you over the top when healthy type player. We still need to draft a receiver since we won’t find too much in FA.

Maybe he stays healthier in a more limited role and we could use him in 2 TE sets kind of like when he was used as H back/gadget guy a few years ago. Universal weapon on offense but should not be replied upon. He’s the icing on the cake. I’m still happy with the deal even though this icing is expensive. 

4 hours ago, Pac said:

Slight over payment given the injury history but there is no denying his impact when healthy.  When you consider that Sammy Watkins got a 3 year, 48 Mil contract with 30 mil guaranteed this doesn't seem too bad.

Enunwa is exactly the kind of guy you want around Darnold which I'm sure played a significant part in the decision.

Watkins is a great example why you don’t sign guys that are injury prone. He’s had one good season that was cut short by injury, a solid rookie season and the rest are sh*t. If he stayed healthy he’d be a good receiver but he can’t so it’s a waste of cap and roster space. 

4 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

You keep this up, prove to me all these moves you speak of were not all Bowles.   Prove it. 

Bowkes has so much power I think a ton of the picks and signings were all Bowles.  

Wow 4 butt fumbles. I'm impressed.   Don't sweat it (not that you are)  Mob Mentality is very real. The idea that Macc is staying, right or wrong, is going to get a lot of people here very upset. I fully expect weeks of outrage and condescension. 

That being said, I like Enunwa and am glad we retained him. I hope Anderson is next.  

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

After 4 years the jets roster is pretty close to being as bad as after idzik other than finding qb in year 4 that you had to traade 3 2nd rounders to get.

Idzik 8-8, 4-12

Mac 10 wins, 5 wins 5 wins, probably 4 wins

Idzik sucked at drafting Mac sucks at drafting and team planning

After 4 years this roster is nowhere near as barren as that roster.  Start with QB.  Move to anyone playing CB.  Anyone.  OL etc.  

Funny how we can always credit who we want for 8-8.  Idzik, sure.  Geno?  LOL, no way.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

After 4 years this roster is nowhere near as barren as that roster.  Start with QB.  Move to anyone playing QB.  OL etc.  

Funny how we can always credit who we want for 8-8.  Idzik, sure.  Geno?  LOL, no way.  

Maccagnan drafted Sam Darnold. That trumps basically any move that Idzik made. 

49 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Watkins is a great example why you don’t sign guys that are injury prone. He’s had one good season that was cut short by injury, a solid rookie season and the rest are sh*t. If he stayed healthy he’d be a good receiver but he can’t so it’s a waste of cap and roster space. 

So where is this magical WR we are gonna find to replace Q?  Do you have a tree that grows one?  One that’s gonna be better and gonna cost less?

Its easy to sit there and bitch about stuff without offering reasonable and viable alternatives. 

21 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maccagnan drafted Sam Darnold. That trumps basically any move that Idzik made. 

Wait, getting a FQB is important?  But Sam only has won 4 games, Geno Smith won 8.  You did read that, didnt you?

55 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

And there are tons of players who after going through a couple of injuries come back and are productive.  Using one example of anything is pointless 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wait, getting a FQB is important?  But Sam only has won 4 games, Geno Smith won 8.  You did read that, didnt you?

@Sperm Edwards and @Beerfish are the two posters who hate Maccagnan obsessively and give him no credit for anything at all, seemingly.

Others on here are more balanced. They hate Maccagnan. but give him credit when he does things to their liking.

We were never gonna not keep him.

It was either

1. sign him on a one year 6 million deal. Which would be good but short sighted, given that a good year next year would earn him 13M a year afterwards..

2.  take a shot on a long term deal that could be a big bargain  if he stays healthy and produces or could be meh if he gets hurt, but not a big guaranteed investment. 

Both sides win

Just now, JiF said:

Love Q.  But the best ability is reliability, especially for a young QB.  

I assume they tender Robby.  I wonder what that means in terms of new WRs on the horizon 

I also think that the concept of "#1 receivers" are changing

I look at some teams and they really dont have prototypical #1's.

Chiefs- Tyreek Hill

Packers- Randall Cobb?

Bears- Taylor Gabriel?

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

you gotta love the way enunwa plays but the guy hasn't played a full season forever.  36 m over 4 years is near no.1 receiver pay.  here's to hoping he can stay on the field.

36 million over 4 years is laughably far away from what true No. 1 WRs make these days.  9 million per year is a beautiful deal for a guy like Quincy.  It's an absolute steal if the new offense and a leap from Sam has him looking like the guy from 2016 again, especially if all of that has him playing even better than that.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I also think that the concept of "#1 receivers" are changing

I look at some teams and they really dont have prototypical #1's.

Chiefs- Tyreek Hill

Packers- Randall Cobb?

Bears- Taylor Gabriel?

Packers #1 is Davante Adams BEAST 111 receptions 1386 yards 13 TD's so far this season. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

maybe but it also shows how skewed the nfl is getting.  a wr, who may get 10 touches per game, is getting money nearly rivaling that of a qb who will have maybe 60 touches per game and more than a running back who will get maybe 22-25 touches.  and please don't say guys like odell beckham or hopkins are such great down field blockers that they are needed on run plays.

The market is the market whether you agree with it or not. People are saying the Jets overpaid which is not the case.

15 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So where is this magical WR we are gonna find to replace Q?  Do you have a tree that grows one?  One that’s gonna be better and gonna cost less?

Its easy to sit there and bitch about stuff without offering reasonable and viable alternatives. 

I’m sure they can find a WR in the draft or FA that averages 300 yards and one TD a year. 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And there are tons of players who after going through a couple of injuries come back and are productive.  Using one example of anything is pointless 

you also gotta think the jets know more about his injuries than anybody and still thought he was worth it

Archived