Enunwa Extended

southtown24th

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m sure they can find a WR in the draft or FA that averages 300 yards and one TD a year. 

Yeah...name one, you would have signed instead.  Put your name on it.  Otherwise, you're just another little bitch, bitchin about sh*t with no real answers.

I think everyone needs to reserve judgment until it is understood how the contract is structured.  It makes all the difference in the world.  People are vastly overreacting to the injury guaranty and people here are acting as though Mac is paying him WR1 money, which this contract is nowhere near.  

Considering the puke FA market for WRs,  this deal is fine by me.  Lets see how that contract is structured, but people here need to get realistic about money.  The amount mentioned so far are right in line with who Q is and comps to others in the league who signed deals last year.  So here goes...  fine with this for the Jets and Darnold... just stay the fk healthy, Q.  I'm Ok with Mac on this one.  

Yeah...name one, you would have signed instead.  Put your name on it.  Otherwise, you're just another little bitch, bitchin about sh*t with no real answers.
Kevin white I would take a chance on him. Aside from him some lesser guys like tavon Austin and kelvin Benjamin are not complete players but they have unique skill sets that could help if used right.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, cant wait said:

enunwa is a very good slot receiver. he’s been hurt but considering that a 30 year old golden tate is going to get a similar deal I’d much rather have the younger player

yes.  I really don't get why everyone is freaking out over what is an appropriate amount for Q, including the risks that come with him.  People have their heads in 2009 dollars and it is making the criticism absurd.

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Kevin white I would take a chance on him. Aside from him some lesser guys like tavon Austin and kelvin Benjamin are not complete players but they have unique skill sets that could help if used right.

Kevin White....I'm not sure I even how to respond to that.

Seriously?

Really?

So you would have let Q walk to sign Kevin ******* White?

A guy who has been even MORE injury prone the Q?

Seriously? That's your response.

Bahahaha.

13 games in 3 years....but Q was a bad signing?

Dude......with all due respect, ya gotta come better than Kevin White.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I also think that the concept of "#1 receivers" are changing

I look at some teams and they really dont have prototypical #1's.

Chiefs- Tyreek Hill

Packers- Randall Cobb?

Bears- Taylor Gabriel?

Does the name Davante Adams ring a bell?  He just trashed the Jets defense a short while ago or didn't you watch?  Allen Robinson? Granted Robinson struggled this season.  He is still the Bears' 1.  

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Excited about the move hopefully the guaranteed money is front loaded if he can stay healthy this is a very reasonable contract especially given what free agency will look like at the position this year.

Yeah.  This is the bottom line.  When Q is on the field he gives the team 100%.  He's fun to watch.  Unfortunately his style of play leads to getting banged up.  If he had re-injured his neck I'd be hands off.  He didn't.  It is a high ankle sprain.  Real common injury that takes a while to heal.  Darnold has some kind of foot thing.

There just isn't anybody out there who is at all interesting in that price range.  Right now this is a real nice signing for both sides.  I honestly think Enunwa gets paid real well in this market. 

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There’s a whole list of FA WRs that have a better average then 300 yards and 1 TD per season. 

Again...no names.  Pick one.  Put your name on it.  I can do this all day until you tell me someone who you would have preferred.

Kevin White?

bahahahahahahahaha

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

you also gotta think the jets know more about his injuries than anybody and still thought he was worth it

You would think so. Not like they had no choice but to extend him.  

To many people offended about paying a player at a position we need to address to middle of the road money.  

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There’s a whole list of FA WRs that have a better average then 300 yards and 1 TD per season. 

Name all those who had the season he had in 16 with nothing around him.  Or had a connection with Darnold.

The average for someone with so little history is meaningless 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You would think so. Not like they had no choice but to extend him.  

To many people offended about paying a player at a position we need to address to middle of the road money.  

This is just arguing to argue.

Gonna have this all off season that Macc signs anyone.  Probably going to be a lot of them.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ah. When he plays

What the hell are you talking about?  He hasn't missed a game this season.  He's missed 2 games in the past 3 years while being a top 5 WR each year.  Check your facts before you post dude. 

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is just arguing to argue.

Gonna have this all off season that Macc signs anyone.  Probably going to be a lot of them.

Thanks but it's not. Arguing to argue?  We don't need WRs and can afford to lose one too and be down to one who's not a given and had issues off the field?

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Does the name Davante Adams ring a bell?  He just trashed the Jets defense a short while ago or didn't you watch?  Allen Robinson? Granted Robinson struggled this season.  He is still the Bears' 1.  

He seems to have done less and less this year. The Bears main weapon is Tarik Cohen

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

My bad. I was thinking of Davante Parker. MY bad

Oh... now I see.  Speaking of that guy, some people want Parker here.  I don't.  His head isn't right.  Give me Quincy over Parker everyday and twice on Sunday.

8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Oh yeah, I'm sure Macc is here.

This extension leads me to believe Bowles is too.  If Macc was gonna hire a new coach and staff, wouldn't he want their input on what players to keep n so on for their system?

Nah, don't read too much into it.  Izdick extended Kerley right before he got canned.  

4 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

$20 million guaranteed for injury to a bloke who is guaranteed to be injured is very generous. I wish my bosses were as generous.

Explain how its guaranteed to INJURY.  Its guaranteed like any WR would get.  

Another gem 

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’m sure they can find a WR in the draft or FA that averages 300 yards and one TD a year. 

How many times can you post this same pointless number as if thats what he is?  Because if you think hes a 300 yard, 1 TD WR you should check out of this thread

You have to separate out the past from the present/future.

The Past-Mac bungled his drafting of WRs, and the only WR under contract next year is Charone Peake. He elected not to trade for any WRs.  After four years, Mac has not done what he needed to do to add WRs.  Mac probably could have locked down Enunwa through 2020 2 years ago for much less overall money.  This is one of many reasons why Mac should also lose his job.

The Present/Future and Reality-the Jets now have a potential FQB who needs someone to throw to.  They have lots of cap space.  Given what WRs go for, signing a original draftee and good citizen like Enunwa seemed like a good risk to take.   There are few FA WRs, for good reason.  As an attempt to maximize the results of next year, I think this is a good move, on balance.  

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I also think that the concept of "#1 receivers" are changing

I look at some teams and they really dont have prototypical #1's.

Chiefs- Tyreek Hill

Packers- Randall Cobb?

Bears- Taylor Gabriel?

As pointed out there is also Davante Adams on the Packers.  

The Bears #1 is Allen Robinson.  He leads the team in targets and yards. They also drafted Anthony Miller who is more of a traditional #1, and added Trey Burton.  They drafted the prototypical #1 and he has busted - Kevin White. 

Tyreek Hill is a freak, but they picked up Watkins who is more of the "standard" #1.  So is Conley - if production didn't matter.  They are also a very TE heavy O.

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Last  year Michael Crabtree signed a 3/21 contract with the Ravens. Crabtree is trash. If he is worth 7 mill a year, Enunwa is worth 9. 

Jimmy Graham, a TE, signed a 3  year 30 contract with the Packers and Graham is well past his prime. 

Donte Moncrief got 1/9.6 million deal. Granted only a 1 year deal, but Enunwa is better than Moncrief. 

Albert Wilson got 3/24. 

Paul Richardson got 5/40. 

And of course, the great Sammy Watkins who also never stays healthy and when he does isn't that great, got a 3/48 this past offseason and wasn't doing much in an all time prolific offense before he got hurt...again. 

With the cap numbers rising, the going rate for Enunwa was right in and around what he got. There is no reason to think this signing was awful for either side. It's a good signing of a good player that plays hard and was Darnold's #1 target before he got hurt. If Enunwa can stay healthy this will be a steal, if he continues to miss multiple games every year, then it will be a bad deal.

Did any of you guys expect Enunwa to take less than Albert Wilson/Crabtree/Richardson? 

I really don’t understand people at times. If he manages to stay healthy, this is a bargain. The Watkins deal is an absolute JOKE. He’s worth 1/3 of that deal. 

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I really don’t understand people at times. If he manages to stay healthy, this is a bargain. The Watkins deal is an absolute JOKE. He’s worth 1/3 of that deal. 

Sammy Watkins, who is only worth 3/$16M has 40/519 3TDs @73% in 10 games.  Quincy Enunwa, a bargain at 4/$36M has 38 for 449 1TD @55% in 11.  Yep, I really don't understand people at times either.

Archived