Jump to content

Enunwa Extended


southtown24th
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What UFA WR is available that is better than Enunwa?

Someone who can stay healthy and give me more than an average of one touchdown per season. For starters how about Donte Moncrief. He is 25 and over a year younger, came out of the same draft as Min Q, and as of now has 16 more touchdowns (21) and played in 68 games thus far compared to Min Q's 5 touchdowns and 40 games played. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

The people bashing this extension haven’t seen the list of JAGs and scrap heap bums available on the market this offseason 

Exactly. And the Jets are gonna be in the free agent market for a WR even after signing Enunwa and tendering Anderson, and probably won’t be signing their top choice because, well, free agents tend to turn Mac down. Without Q under contract, they’d be looking for at least two starting caliber WRs this winter, and paying them more than $9M/year. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Someone who can stay healthy and give me more than an average of one touchdown per season. For starters how about Donte Moncrief. He is 25 and over a year younger, came out of the same draft as Min Q, and as of now has 16 more touchdowns (21) and played in 68 games thus far compared to Min Q's 5 touchdowns and 40 games played. 

Okay stop.  Moncreif is a friggin JAG 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slats said:

Exactly. And the Jets are gonna be in the free agent market for a WR even after signing Enunwa and tendering Anderson, and probably won’t be signing their top choice because, well, free agents tend to turn Mac down. Without Q under contract, they’d be looking for at least two starting caliber WRs this winter, and paying them more than $9M/year. 

I do think the jets should still sign a slot receiver since Kearse is horrible 

 

We should also sign a veteran WR as depth.  Someone who doesn’t totally suck like Terrelle Pryor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'd rather have that JAG. Pun intended.

Moncrief stinks.  He’s gotten semi ok stats because the Jaguars are forced to play him every snap since Marqise Lee can’t stay healthy, Robinson left and most of their other receivers don’t even belong in the nfl

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

I do think the jets should still sign a slot receiver since Kearse is horrible 

 

We should also sign a veteran WR as depth.  Someone who doesn’t totally suck like Terrelle Pryor

Kearse retired earlier this year. They need to dip into free agency for a starting caliber WR and TE, imho. Mac needs to be aggressive, because it’s thin pickin’s. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slats said:

Kearse retired earlier this year. They need to dip into free agency for a starting caliber WR and TE, imho. Mac needs to be aggressive, because it’s thin pickin’s. 

It’s a crap market for sure.  Golden Tate or Cole Beasley at slot would be good as well as a semi decent TE like Jeff Heurman who could play in 2TE sets with Herndon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Moncrief stinks.  He’s gotten semi ok stats because the Jaguars are forced to play him every snap since Marqise Lee can’t stay healthy, Robinson left and most of their other receivers don’t even belong in the nfl

If Donte Moncrief stinks then Quincy Enunwa is even worse.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Moncrief stinks.  He’s gotten semi ok stats because the Jaguars are forced to play him every snap since Marqise Lee can’t stay healthy, Robinson left

How do you explain his stats in Indianapolis? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoncDo00.htm

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

How do you explain his stats in Indianapolis? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoncDo00.htm

They arent as good as what Enunwa put up in '16?

How do you explain the idea that the Colts gave up on him?

And what do you think this Jag is going to want after making 9.6 mil this season?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s a crap market for sure.  Golden Tate or Cole Beasley at slot would be good as well as a semi decent TE like Jeff Heurman who could play in 2TE sets with Herndon

Why can't Burnett be in the slot? He's more quick than fast & has great hands. You have a Healthy Q, Anderson, Bell in the backfield, why not Sams guy in the slot? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, slats said:

Exactly. And the Jets are gonna be in the free agent market for a WR even after signing Enunwa and tendering Anderson, and probably won’t be signing their top choice because, well, free agents tend to turn Mac down. Without Q under contract, they’d be looking for at least two starting caliber WRs this winter, and paying them more than $9M/year. 

I hardly see the fact that we are in a position to desperately need wide receivers in a year we’re forced to spend a lot of money with a poor FA class as proper justification to call this a good move.

It’s basically a lesser of two evils situation between overpaying our guy who is a good guy and good player when healthy* and a free agent. 

Sperm’s point is completely accurate, we basically should have done this conversation years ago to have some leverage. The **** is the point of trying to start extension conversations in a walk year? It’s showcasing that yet again this organization has absolutely no foresight or planning for a big picture. 

The fact that we have sucked at drafting receivers is the only reason you’re suggesting this is the right move. If we had any sort of drafted talent there we wouldn’t desperately needed to sign two to three receivers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We have posters acting like Moncrief is Julio Jones because he had 700 yards 4 years ago 

I never acted like Moncrief is Julio Jones. You asked me what UFA WR is available that is better than Enunwa? For starters I said Donte Moncrief. I backed up why by showing you Moncrief has had better production since he entered the league the same year as Quincy in 2014, and he's a year younger. You've done nothing to win the argument with me but call Moncrief a "friggin JAG" and play strawman. Basically you lose, but I'm sure you'll try to find something to grasp onto to feel right. Lol

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Your the one acting like 391 yards from Moncrief during a 16 game season is amazing

Let me play strawman too! You're acting like Quincy Enunwa is the next Antonio Brown, and handing him 20 million now was a great move. You acting like you want to put Q in the Jets ring of honor after his 2016 season. 

That's the kind of sound logic that got Hackenberg drafted by the Jets in round 2 because he had an amazing freshman year at Penn State under Bill O'Brien. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Sperm’s point is completely accurate, we basically should have done this conversation years ago to have some leverage. The **** is the point of trying to start extension conversations in a walk year? It’s showcasing that yet again this organization has absolutely no foresight or planning for a big picture. 

The point really is why would a player, coming off a year where he didnt play and out of only 3 seasons on the roster played in only 2?  I dont get the idea that the player and his agent are dumb enough and dont have enough confidence in their talent to wait until they reach their walk year and maximize their demands.  Why on earth would an Enunwa ever agree to a minimum type extension after only putting up 2 years of tape? 

It all sounds good but how often do guys with more potential than numbers sign low ball contract extensions 2-3 years into their rookie deals.  Bet its hardly ever

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Q.  Watkins is even more injury prone he gets hurt walking

And let's be fair., the Jets call a lot of plays where Enunwa has to make plays in traffic.  He's constantly getting hit by multiple guys, having multiple guys fall on him (especially his legs), breaking tackles, running over guys.  They should probably ease up on that sh*t.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

PLAYER A is 25 years and 234 days old. He stands 6' 3" and weighs 190 lbs soaking wet. He's caught 15 touchdowns in 45 games for the New York Jets. For his entire career with the Jets he caught 54.7% of the balls he's been targeted with. PLAYER A has started to develop a chemistry with the Jets young quarterback Sam Darnold by hauling in 20 receptions for 312 yds and 3 touchdowns. He was targeted 31 times in those 3 games good for a 64.5% catch percentage.

PLAYER B is 26 years and 212 days old. He stands 6' 2" and weighs a whopping 225 lbs. He's been with the New York Jets since the great John Idzik drafted him in 2014. Due to a neck injury he missed an entire season in 2017. He's caught 5 touchdowns in 40 games for the New York Jets. For his entire career with the Jets he's caught 53.9% of the balls he's been  targeted with. PLAYER B hasn't played since week 14, and hasn't had one game over 100 yds this season. 

 

Mike Maccagan's final gift to the Jets was to sign PLAYER B to a massive extension.

This analysis doesn't hold up at all. The first and most obvious reason being that player A is not in the final week of his final season under contract - player B is!

You can have issue with Q is making, but at this point, you can't argue that he signed one INSTEAD of the other, because you don't know that. 

Signing Q doesnt mean Robby can't/wont be signed. Q is an UFA THIS year, Robby is not. He might not be injury prone, but Robby has a ton of question marks around him. Tender him, see that he has the ability to be a freaking choir boy this offseason, and then talk extension next year. 

BUT if the Jets go into next years training camp with the intention that you want to sign Robby long term (no problems this offseason), I do everything I can to get it done before the season starts. Right now he has only had on season that was close to what you would call very good production. If my intention is to sign him, I dont take the chance of him having a real breakout season with Darnold next year and his price tag becoming even more inflated. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wrong? Not likely Slats. Besides he never made it to the open market, but if he did I would be willing to bet Quincy would have taken less on a multi-year deal, or signed a prove it deal with a pass happy team.
And we would go into the off-season with Anderson brunette and peake as our receivers? If he hit the open market we may very well have been the team who had to pay him more. The guy is known to be one of the best blocking receivers in the league and has a pretty solid set of hands. He might not be a top talent but he is pretty solid and was not paid top talent money. The deal we gave him is essentially little more than a prove it deal with the way the salary cap increases every year. If you want to complain about a contract go complain about the one we gave to tru but don't whine about paying our best receiver a reasonable deal to stay here.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I never acted like Moncrief is Julio Jones. You asked me what UFA WR is available that is better than Enunwa? For starters I said Donte Moncrief. I backed up why by showing you Moncrief has had better production since he entered the league the same year as Quincy in 2014, and he's a year younger. You've done nothing to win the argument with me but call Moncrief a "friggin JAG" and play strawman. Basically you lose, but I'm sure you'll try to find something to grasp onto to feel right. Lol

Moncrief sucks.  You are lost in space.  The colts with nothing at wr gave up on him and so will Jacksonville 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Let me play strawman too! You're acting like Quincy Enunwa is the next Antonio Brown, and handing him 20 million now was a great move. You acting like you want to put Q in the Jets ring of honor after his 2016 season. 

That's the kind of sound logic that got Hackenberg drafted by the Jets in round 2 because he had an amazing freshman year at Penn State under Bill O'Brien. 

Any more links you want to post about the glory days of Donte Moncrief getting 300 yards receiving for the entire season playing with Andrew Luck?

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Enunwa is better than Moncrief and it isn't even close.  Quincy had almost 900 yards in his first season starting (and didn't even start the entire year) and with a crappy QB.  He didn't play at all the next year and he was on his way to a 1,000 yard season this season before he hurt his ankle.  

Let's not act like the dude is an unknown.  The dude can play, doesn't have much tread on his tires, and Darnold likes him.

When the posters on this board overrated Marquise Lee for years they were wrong but at least they had some form of logic.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Enunwa is better than Moncrief and it isn't even close.  Quincy had almost 900 yards in his first season starting (and didn't even start the entire year) and with a crappy QB.  He didn't play at all the next year and he was on his way to a 1,000 yard season this season before he hurt his ankle.  

Let's not act like the dude is an unknown.  The dude can play, doesn't have much tread on his tires, and Darnold likes him.

Let's take Moncrief's 21 touchdowns and divide it by 68 games. That's a touchdown 30.9% of the games he plays. If you multiplied that against Quincy Enunwa's 40 games he would have 12.4 touchdowns....let's say between 12 and 13 touchdowns over the same time period of games. Quincy right now has 5 touchdowns, and his season is shut down. Moncrief still got a 69th game to play this Sunday 

Moncrief has made 198 receptions from 343 targets, which is good for a catch percentage of 57.72%. Enunwa has made 118 receptions from 219 targets, which puts him at 53.9% catch percentage. Fact is Moncrief will makes more receptions on the same amount targets, and he'll score more touchdowns. 

Moncrief has had 5 games in which he's eclipsed 100 yards receiving: 113, 134, 122, 114, and 109. The last one versus the great Trumaine Johnson. Enunwa has 1 game in which he's eclipsed 100 yards receiving: 109. I don't know how good you are at math, but 5 games over 100 yds > 1 game over 100 yds.

Moncrief's top 5 longest touchdown receptions are: 80 yards (Bortles), 79 yards (Luck), 67 yards (Bortles), 60 yards (Brissett), and 48 yards (Luck).

Enunwa's top 5 longest/only touchdown receptions are: 69 yards (Smith), 24 yards (Fitzpatrick), 22 yards (Fitzpatrick), 21 yards (Darnold), and 3 yards (Fitzpatrick). 

Moncrief clearly has better big play ability. Don't blame it on the QB either, because Fitzpatrick may be a JAG but he can throw a deep ball when he's on, and two out of Moncrief's longest touchdowns have come courtesy Blake Bortles, not Andrew Luck. 

Both receivers have had some injury concerns over their 5 year NFL careers since being drafted in 2014, but Enunwa clearly has Moncrief beat in this department. 

Moncrief is 25 years and 145 days old, whereas Enunwa is 26 years and 212 days old. That makes Enunwa 1 year and 67 days older than Moncrief, and the less healthier over his first 5 years in the NFL. 

Clearly one Jag is better than the other. 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...