Enunwa Extended

southtown24th

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Matt39 said:

I like him but dude never plays

The most important ability is availability.

And we just handed a guy who can't stay on the field $20 million in injury guarantees. 

Wow. 

That would have been like giving Ricky Williams a marijuana suspension guarantee. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And we just handed a guy who can't stay on the field $20 million in injury guarantees. 

Wow. 

That would have been like giving Ricky Williams a marijuana suspension guarantee. 

Wonder if they let Anderson walk...

Who knows what Anderson’s off the field baggage really is, but he’s the better receiver imo.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

It seems like too much money for an oft-injured #2 at best WR. But Macc always overpays. 

Negotiating against himself. 

Q and his agent win this round.  The only victory Macc got here is that its a signal he gets another season to f**k things up some more. 

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, I'm glad that for once, Macc finally extended a player DURING the season rather than waiting until that player's value is at its peak.  But that's a lot of money for an oft-injured player. 

Yikes. 

Wut? Enunwa's risk of serious further injury was gone.

This is a player that should have been extended 2 years ago, with the guaranteed portion of it already over by now. Two years ago, back when people were praising Maccagnan for not extending him because of an eventual preseason injury. 

Instead he extends him anyway and we pay full UFA price by waiting until the team had no leverage. Again.

$9MM/year with $20MM guaranteed for Enunwa. Happy for him to cash in, but lol.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wow. 

Feels like a waste of money to me.  I just have no faith he's going to stay healthy.   I certainly hope Mac knows something we don't.  On the surface, as far as I'm concerned, this was a terrible signing.

$20mm guaranteed ($36mm over 4 years) to a slot receiver that doesn't play.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's a lot for a guy like Enunwa even if he was healthy, but I could live with it.  but to give a guy that can't stay on the field that much money is a very bad decision.

With that said, we don't have the specific details on how it's set up so I'll fully reserve judgement.

Yep those $9 million should only be attainable through serious incentives. It’s a risky play with nice upside but it could cost us Anderson if it’s a poorly structured contract.

Let me add the following for the mouth-breathers:

1) I like Q.

2) I wanted Q back.

3) We have precious few homegrown players, so it kind of necessitated we bring back a few guys like Q.

But he's a little better than JAG-level and can't stay healthy.  No way he would have gotten a deal even close to this on the open market, even with limited options coming loose on the WR front. 

Archived