2018-2019 Islanders Thread

RobR

If they get past the Penguins, its gonna suck that the games will move to Brooklyn.  The Coliseum has created such a great environment and a great home ice advantage.  You can feel it just watching on TV.  Forget Brooklyn, and forget Belmont.  When they play at the Coliseum, they are home.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:54 PM, Lith said:

Forget Brooklyn, and forget Belmont.

I think Belmont will be great for this franchise. New arena which was desperately needed and being on the Nassau/Queens border will make it easy for LI residents to get to the game. Any of the fans they picked up from moving to Brooklyn should have no issues traveling one borough over. TBH I'm excited about Belmont. 

How much fun was that tonight.  They played Islander hockey; physical, griniding one out, great goaltending, strong defense .  Thought Mayfield rebounded really well after a rough game 1.  Bailey's power play goal was huge -- after 0 for their first 6, getting that one on the PP was big for this game and also for the rest of the series.

Is it Sunday yet?

LGI

Just now, RobR said:

What a great game and series. I really hope we get the Caps next....gotta beat the best too be the best. Hope Boychuks injury isn't serious.

Don't care who we get next, but it probably will be the Caps.  And can't you envision going against Toronto in the Eastern Conf Finals.  Had a real good feeling about this one once we answered their early goal.  Did that in each of the last 3 games.   

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Don't care who we get next, but it probably will be the Caps.  And can't you envision going against Toronto in the Eastern Conf Finals. 

If that ever happened and we made it to the finals this would be a special team. I will not comment further on this because I don't want to jinx them.?

Also crazy what happened with Tb and Col.

9 hours ago, RobR said:

If that ever happened and we made it to the finals this would be a special team. I will not comment further on this because I don't want to jinx them.?

Also crazy what happened with Tb and Col.

That is the beauty of the NHL playoffs.  So unpredictable.  Couldn't watch much of that series since they played opposite the Isles most days, but it seems like TB never recovered from giving up the 3-goal lead in Game 1.  Add in some injuries and a suspension and by the time they got to Game 4, I don't think anyone was suprised.

As for our series, I really thought Pitt was a bad matchup for us.  We can't match their high end offensive talent.  I was afraid of their PP.  Add in all of the postseasaon experience, and I did not like our chances.  Shows what I know.  Loved seeing the way we frustrated Sid and some of those other guys.  Bring on the Caps!!! Or the Canes!!! Reallyl doesn't matter to me.  We got more playoff hockey coming up after a few days' break.  Have not had this much fun watching hockey since the 80s, maybe '93. 

LGI.

• Sympathy 1

If the Isles weren’t inconsistent since the ASB they win their division easily, probably 112 points but they didn’t so I had some concern. So far they started the playoffs like they were playing into the break. Great sweep. LGI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lith said:

That is the beauty of the NHL playoffs.  So unpredictable.  Couldn't watch much of that series since they played opposite the Isles most days, but it seems like TB never recovered from giving up the 3-goal lead in Game 1.  Add in some injuries and a suspension and by the time they got to Game 4, I don't think anyone was suprised.

As for our series, I really thought Pitt was a bad matchup for us.  We can't match their high end offensive talent.  I was afraid of their PP.  Add in all of the postseasaon experience, and I did not like our chances.  Shows what I know.  Loved seeing the way we frustrated Sid and some of those other guys.  Bring on the Caps!!! Or the Canes!!! Reallyl doesn't matter to me.  We got more playoff hockey coming up after a few days' break.  Have not had this much fun watching hockey since the 80s, maybe '93. 

LGI.

TB never faced adversity as a team during the regular season.  When it came to the playoffs, they werent ready for it.  I think that's part of the problem why they were swept.  CBJ had to play playoff hockey going down the stretch just to get into the playoffs while TB knew they were going to be in for months now.  

As for our series, I think we stack up particularly well against high end offensive talent.  Teams like Tampa, Toronto and Pitt we've done well with this year while bigger teams we will have the problems with i.e. Bruins.  All in all great goaltending and defense prevails again.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Not going to pretend to follow Hockey but I do enjoy the playoffs.  Been watching the Islanders series, good fun!   Pops used to take me to Islanders games all the time growing up.   Was a sweep expected?  

I wasn’t expecting a sweep but after game 2 they looked like they were playing their game. Game 2 was dominating a performance, thought they were going to sweep them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...