Report: Trumaine Johnson Skipped Meetings, Practice

JetNation

IMG_6166.jpg

The spirit of Muhammad Wilkerson lives on in Florham Park and has apparently re-surfaced in Jets cornerbacks Trumaine Johnson and Darryl Roberts.

#Jets CB Trumaine Johnson is a healthy scratch today. Inactive.

Johnson was late/missed meetings and one practice this week.

He was NYJ’s top free-agent signing. They’d obviously wish they had that one back.

— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) December 30, 2018

According to multiple reports, both players took some extra time off this week with Johnson skipping out on some meetings and a practice while Roberts was present to both but showed up late to other team commitments.

The post Report: Trumaine Johnson Skipped Meetings, Practice appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
q1MnxZZguO4

Click here to read the full story...

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Serious question - Are we F'd at CB again for 2019?

Not just Trumaine and Roberts, but Claiborne is only under contract for 2018 is my understanding.  Is it possible the Jets could now honestly look at CB with the #3 pick?

FML.

If I had to guess today it's Ed Oliver or the edge rusher from Kentucky 

They can bring back mo if they have to 

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not just Trumaine and Roberts, but Claiborne is only under contract for 2018 is my understanding.  Is it possible the Jets could now honestly look at CB with the #3 pick?

FML.

No other franchise has invested the kind of resources/money we have into DBs & DTs and have nothing to show for it over the last decade 

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

FML.

Serious answer....no more than we were with these bums playing this year.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

FML.

Hope not, you don't build around DBs... We had Revis and nothing ever came from that.

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Serious answer....no more than we were with these bums playing this year.

Agree from a quality of play standpoint.  I guess my question is really along the lines of needed to devote EVEN more resources to CB when I was hoping we would finally be able to avoid that.

Good time to remind everyone that:

1. Every single time Mike Maccagnan has had more than five dollars to spend, it’s turned into an abject pants-sh*tting disaster

2. The absolute dumbest people in the universe believe that Mike Maccagnan’s access to a large amount of money this offseason is one of the Jets’ major assets 

Nothing new here it was like this from year one of bowles reign.

And one more reason that bowles should have been fired mid season at the latest.

If I was running things, Tru would be active but would be on special teams only.  run as a gunner you entitledd moron.

Roberts would immediately be cut, as in immediately.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Nothing new here it was like this from year one of bowles reign.

And one more reason that bowles should have been fired mid season at the latest.

If I was running things, Tru would be active but would be on special teams only.  run as a gunner you entitledd moron.

Roberts would immediately be cut, as in immediately.

I'd have made him paint the lines with the Pats ground crew.

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

FML.

Can't draft Greedy. Just can't. Allen makes sense, Jonah maybe. They do need to figure out CB though. Draft one, sign a couple, and hope Tru bounces back. If we can finally get our pass rushers, hopefully this matters less.

We did beat out quite a few teams for the guy only a year ago, and he's STILL a PFF darling. Just hope we get a no nonsense type HC that gets him back on track.

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

There was a report that the Jets may be trying to use this as a loop hole to get out of the remaining guaranteed money in his contract. Hopefully they can figure out a way to do it.

Unless there is a video about to surface of Trumaine beating a woman, that stuff is so hard to do.  Don’t know what clauses are in his contract though, hopefully there’s something.  

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s Todd Bowles’ fault that a 28-year-old man didn’t want to show up to work. Most definitely. 

Which one are you talking about?  Revis, mowil, tru, shel rich, roberts?

So many to chose from.

If it is not apparent to you that bowles is a soft touch that players walk all over i am not sure what to say.  He is the leader, the coach, the tone setter.

Zero discipline re players, zero discipline re penalties.

Archived