Report: Trumaine Johnson Skipped Meetings, Practice

JetNation

Just now, Jets723 said:

In fairness NOBODY could of predicted this would happen with Johnson.  I’m not trying to defend Macc but I try to be fair. He was a top corner on the market and as far as we know didn’t have these issues beforehand

Why didn’t his previous team want him?   It’s not like they didn’t have the money.  

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Which one are you talking about?  Revis, mowil, tru, shel rich, roberts?

So many to chose from.

If it is not apparent to you that bowles is a soft touch that players walk all over i am not sure what to say.  He is the leader, the coach, the tone setter.

Zero discipline re players, zero discipline re penalties.

Grown adults definitely need mucho discipline. Bowles should have considered bringing back spankings and/or no Super Nintendo for a week.

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

Missing practice is serious. I would hope there is something in the cba or his contract that allows the jets to fine him or take other extra measures 

Tru had been slacking all year. This is just a whimper of an ending 

I read it as missing the meeting which is prior to practice and showing up to practice but late. So for example if meeting are 8 am and practice starts at 9 am. He probably showed up 9:30. 

12 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

In fairness NOBODY could of predicted this would happen with Johnson.  I’m not trying to defend Macc but I try to be fair. He was a top corner on the market and as far as we know didn’t have these issues beforehand

Pretty sure there were lots and lots of people on here saying how bad the signing was

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Grown adults definitely need mucho discipline. Bowles should have considered bringing back spankings and/or no Super Nintendo for a week.

There were never any effort or disciplinary issues with this former all pro and perennial pro bowl player until he started playing under Bowles and Rogers.  That's a fact.

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Good time to remind everyone that:

1. Every single time Mike Maccagnan has had more than five dollars to spend, it’s turned into an abject pants-sh*tting disaster

2. The absolute dumbest people in the universe believe that Mike Maccagnan’s access to a large amount of money this offseason is one of the Jets’ major assets 

ALL OF THIS. The man must go along with Todd Bowles. The one regret I will have with seeing Bowles go is that I won't be able to use this anymore:

image.png.f947a571e733cc9b9307bcb94193818c.png

25 minutes ago, choon328 said:

There was a report that the Jets may be trying to use this as a loop hole to get out of the remaining guaranteed money in his contract. Hopefully they can figure out a way to do it.

Players union would be all over this. Don’t see it.

40 minutes ago, Larz said:

Missing practice is serious. I would hope there is something in the cba or his contract that allows the jets to fine him or take other extra measures 

Tru had been slacking all year. This is just a whimper of an ending 

There needs to be a “turd rule” for players that cash in and clearly dog it and not be professionals anymore. 

46 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Good time to remind everyone that:

1. Every single time Mike Maccagnan has had more than five dollars to spend, it’s turned into an abject pants-sh*tting disaster

2. The absolute dumbest people in the universe believe that Mike Maccagnan’s access to a large amount of money this offseason is one of the Jets’ major assets 

bro sheldon richardson and darrelle revis didn't have any issues ever with anything before bowles got his filthy hands on them and that is a scientific fact

This may be why GB and CLE were smart to can their HC mid-season.  Players aren't going to fight for a dead-coach-walking.  But a new guy with everything on the line, they might go the extra yard for.  But the Johnsons are just too polite to hurt Todd's feelings.  Yay us.

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The players love Todd*, respect Todd*, play hard for Todd*, play 15 yards off the ball for Todd*... Say the players who enjoy a lack of accountability under Todd*.

and they'll all walk through walls.  blocking, tackling, playing in position, catching the ball, etc aren't the same.  the bottom line is bowles has not yet been able to get the vets to play 100% or even 80%.  johnson knows bowles is gone as does kearse so they just don't care much about what bowles says.

28 minutes ago, rangerous said:

and they'll all walk through walls.  blocking, tackling, playing in position, catching the ball, etc aren't the same.  the bottom line is bowles has not yet been able to get the vets to play 100% or even 80%.  johnson knows bowles is gone as does kearse so they just don't care much about what bowles says.

Thanks, I forgot about the walls... :character43:

Archived