Is Mac gone?

Anthony Jet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fullblast said:

The simple truth is that this roster is just as bad today as it was on 1/1/15. Also we added Sam. That's basically the book on Mac up to this point. 

They won't fire him, but he's been just as bad as Bowles.

That’s gonna hurt the Jets in their quest for a new HC. Dump him. He’s no savior

Just now, Thai Jet said:

Good grief another Macc thread. He's staying

So this weeks events have no effect on his status is all I’m asking? We didn’t lose. We got embarrassed. His big free agent signing was basically suspended by the team? And we have no 2nd round pick up coming in a draft we’re we are top 3 and have tons of holes to fill?

i think he’s coming back also, hoping the owner sees the light 

1 hour ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

I am in shock that no one is talking about getting rid of this guy.  This is NY.  We ran Idzik out of town and this guy get a full blown free pass?  How is that possible?  

We deserve better.  He needs to go.

Maybe Mac can get Jackie Robison’s Old job with Chock Full of Nuts. 

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

I gotta think its because of Sam and only Sam. It's been so long since radio hosts and beat writers had a real QB to talk about. It's the only reason I can possibly think of that more people aren't calling for his head. I'm curious to see if anyone calls him out on today's post game. 

Ray Lucas was the one to bring it up that Mac is every bit to blame for this season that Bowles is. 

I'm as interested to see what happens with baby dinger 

If the jets keep macc and let dinger go it would be devastating 

If dinger stays he's basically waiting in the wings to take over 

You can argue that dinger needs another year, so as long as he stays all is not lost 

18 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

So this weeks events have no effect on his status is all I’m asking? We didn’t lose. We got embarrassed. His big free agent signing was basically suspended by the team? And we have no 2nd round pick up coming in a draft we’re we are top 3 and have tons of holes to fill?

i think he’s coming back also, hoping the owner sees the light 

No. The Jets have four years worth of evidence that he is putrid at his job. One horrific game after another is not going to change that especially after they basically announced at the bye he was staying. 

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

No, plenty people knew this for months but wisely refrained from arguing with your herd of jackals.

I don’t know of anyone, anywhere, who ever thought the Johnsons would have the fortitude or intelligence to fire Maccagnan. I know you’re desperate for a W, but this is such a weird place to plant your flag.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

You guys are going to have to come to grips with this sooner or later...  Macc isnt going anywhere.  Period.

Pretty much. He’ll be the GM for at least another year. 

Our best bet is we get a McCarthy who will have a big say on personnel decisions 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I don’t know of anyone, anywhere, who ever thought the Johnsons would have the fortitude or intelligence to fire Maccagnan. I know you’re desperate for a W, but this is such a weird place to plant your flag.

A weird flex to die on the hill of 5-11, 5-11, and 4-12 with no real semblance of talent across the board. 

Archived